ADVERTISEMENT

IU/MSU Prediction Thread

Other than Rutgers, there’s not a “should win” game left on the schedule.

Maybe or maybe not, but we can't move this program forward just winning should win games (unless the whole conference suddenly tanks). We need to win some games we enter as an underdog and do that soon.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Low scoring affair. MSU D is damn tough. I think we can put up 10 with Ramsey maybe 17-21 with Penix.

W/Ramsey
IU 10
MSU 14

W/Penix
IU 17
MSU 14

Reactions: vesuvius13 and td75
Maybe or maybe not, but we can't move this program forward just winning should win games (unless the whole conference suddenly tanks). We need to win some games we enter as an underdog and do that soon.
I'm not sure what a "should win" game is, and "underdog" covers a lot of territory. A three point dog is a lot different than a 14 point dog. I don't think it's realistic or necessary, right now, for us to win games where we're a significant underdog. We've just got to find a way to six wins this year.

At the midpoint of the season it's likely we'll be sitting at 4-2. We'll then need to secure two more victories in the final six. 6-6 and a bowl would signify progress this season, and serve as a nice springboard to another banner recruiting class and a higher W/L ceiling in 2020.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I'm not sure what a "should win" game is, and "underdog" covers a lot of territory. A three point dog is a lot different than a 14 point dog. I don't think it's realistic or necessary, right now, for us to win games where we're a significant underdog. We've just got to find a way to six wins this year.

At the midpoint of the season it's likely we'll be sitting at 4-2. We'll then need to secure two more victories in the final six. 6-6 and a bowl would signify progress this season, and serve as a nice springboard to another banner recruiting class and a higher W/L ceiling in 2020.

I didn't think I suggested we win every game in which we are underdogs nor did I suggest we need major upsets. My point is simply we will likely be underdogs is all but a few games (depending on how next few games go) and we need to win some of them. Winning only the games you should (which I take as games in which we are favored to win) won't normally get us much.

Tough matchup. What do you think?
I would like to know who is starting at QB. I don't see us winning this game on the road. Actually with our O-line, I don't see us winning this game at home.
If Penix starts
Good Guys 17 Rape Enablers 21

If Ramsey starts
Good Guys 9 Rape Enablers 28

Reactions: vesuvius13
IU 23 - MSU 17. Low scoring game, but I can't see MSU reaching 20 points with the Offensive Line Problems they have shown so far. That said our Defense needs to be prepared to control their Offensive Line and not give up big chunk plays due to blown assignments and poor tackling.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
IU 23 - MSU 17. Low scoring game, but I can't see MSU reaching 20 points with the Offensive Line Problems they have shown so far. That said our Defense needs to be prepared to control their Offensive Line and not give up big chunk plays due to blown assignments and poor tackling.

Same is true for IU's OL. Highly unlikely that IU's offense will be able to score more than 7/10 points against MSU's defense regardless who plays QB.

I rarely predict because I’m terrible at it. Hoping I’m terrible at it again today.

With Ramsey: IU 14 MSU 35
With Penix: IU 21 MSU 35

ADVERTISEMENT