ADVERTISEMENT

IU moves into first place.....

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
With a lot of help from Rutgers and Illinois with wins over Neb and Mich, plus our series win over Iowa, we have moved into first place. This team has come a long way from the debacle in Columbus awhile back, and after that series I wondered just how good this team was. We have a young team that seems to really be gaining confidence as the season wears on. Ironically, we play two games against Rutgers and then two games against Neb in a pod at Rutgers next weekend. That's a really good chance to solidify our hold on first place.

Reactions: mk23 and Im4iu89
With a lot of help from Rutgers and Illinois with wins over Neb and Mich, plus our series win over Iowa, we have moved into first place. This team has come a long way from the debacle in Columbus awhile back, and after that series I wondered just how good this team was. We have a young team that seems to really be gaining confidence as the season wears on. Ironically, we play two games against Rutgers and then two games against Neb in a pod at Rutgers next weekend. That's a really good chance to solidify our hold on first place.

For sure. We need another great weekend effort.

Reactions: ptrich
For sure. We need another great weekend effort.
We certainly have our flaws and part of that has to do with it being a young team. I don't know what is going to happen at Rutgers, but I know we aren't the only team struggling in some parts of our game. For one, Nebraska's bullpen completely fell apart in their series with Rutgers, and the fans there are howling over it. Our pitching staff is still key as to how our season is going to go moving forward, and we had mixed results with that during the Iowa series, but the Hawks are a veteran team with a lineup loaded with juniors and seniors. McCade Brown had a bad outing and that may have been a result of his missing a start which caused him to be off-kilter. We play Rutgers first in the pod next weekend, and I think it goes without saying that they are a hot team right now that is moving up in the standings, and is playing with a lot of confidence.

Reactions: mk23 and Irregulars
I might add that while we seemed to be fixed on the big three in IU, Neb, and Mich right now, both Maryland with six straight wins and Rutgers with five straight wins are starting to appear in the picture at the top. Iowa is also still within striking distance.

ADVERTISEMENT