ADVERTISEMENT

IU Men have a Coach and Waiting on Roster News so how about the Women's Team? Tip at 8:OO PM CT

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
Was never really a fan of the Women's Game what with the slower pace and glaring differences in athleticism, but that slowly changed after Tyra and Teri started making some noise. And here IU is playing for a trip to the Final Four. Well alright then.

Coach Moren has put together/cultivated a group that from what I can see has really strong chemistry. These women really like each other and love playing, don't get rattled and have a coherence as a Team that is visibly lacking among others they have faced in the Tourney. The contrast in their last game against #1 seed NC State was pretty stark in terms of communication/energy among Players on the different squads - IU behaved and interacted during pauses in play as a Team, NC St. more like a collection of individuals (a couple of whom seemed at least as interested in how they looked as in how the Team performed given their proclivity for wearing ridiculously long false eyelashes on the Court which seems to bespeak a lack of singular focus on what's important).

When they work the ball and don't settle for shots IU is pretty damn efficient, and their defense is at times textbook. Hilary and Ali still have trouble at times staying in front of whomever they're guarding, and Holmes needs to work harder at not getting pinned underneath the basket, but help defense in the lane is pretty jiggy and Berger and Gulbe are very good at taking away lanes. Given that tonight's opponent (ARZ) got nearly half their offensive production in their last game from 5'6" guard Aari McDonald, be interesting to see how IU handles her.

Anyway, Go IU!

I think they have a good shot at winning tonight.Hope to switch back and forth between the men’s games and this one.
Go Hoosiers Go Razorbacks Go Beavers
And yes,the fake eyelashes were ridiculous.

Reactions: Hatchets7times
I understand why people do not watch the ladies. I did not until the last 4 years.
This team plays hard, fast, and together. Great mental toughness and they do not fold down the stretch. If you watch live or can tape it and watch it later I really think you will be impressed.

Reactions: Brockettman
I understand why people do not watch the ladies. I did not until the last 4 years.
This team plays hard, fast, and together. Great mental toughness and they do not fold down the stretch. If you watch live or can tape it and watch it later I really think you will be impressed.
i'm an iu fan from men's basketball to women's rowing. i love 'em all.

Arizona Wildcat season ticket holder here. We have been following the Cats ever since Adia took over the program 5 years ago. Can't wait for the game tonight. Ought to be a real good one. McDonald is something special but she is not the only weapon in the Cats' arsenal. Others can and have stepped up when needed.

Reactions: RBB89
Was never really a fan of the Women's Game what with the slower pace and glaring differences in athleticism, but that slowly changed after Tyra and Teri started making some noise. And here IU is playing for a trip to the Final Four. Well alright then.

Coach Moren has put together/cultivated a group that from what I can see has really strong chemistry. These women really like each other and love playing, don't get rattled and have a coherence as a Team that is visibly lacking among others they have faced in the Tourney. The contrast in their last game against #1 seed NC State was pretty stark in terms of communication/energy among Players on the different squads - IU behaved and interacted during pauses in play as a Team, NC St. more like a collection of individuals (a couple of whom seemed at least as interested in how they looked as in how the Team performed given their proclivity for wearing ridiculously long false eyelashes on the Court which seems to bespeak a lack of singular focus on what's important).

When they work the ball and don't settle for shots IU is pretty damn efficient, and their defense is at times textbook. Hilary and Ali still have trouble at times staying in front of whomever they're guarding, and Holmes needs to work harder at not getting pinned underneath the basket, but help defense in the lane is pretty jiggy and Berger and Gulbe are very good at taking away lanes. Given that tonight's opponent (ARZ) got nearly half their offensive production in their last game from 5'6" guard Aari McDonald, be interesting to see how IU handles her.

Anyway, Go IU!
Noticed the eyelashes also. Not sure how you could function with the size of those.

I used to take my kids to the Women's games...one or two a season...IUCU gave out free tix and it was always a good time...

Anyway, Go IU!
I know. It’s nuts. I might actually watch a little women’s basketball. Maybe not the whole thing. But that’s more than ever before.

Arizona Wildcat season ticket holder here. We have been following the Cats ever since Adia took over the program 5 years ago. Can't wait for the game tonight. Ought to be a real good one. McDonald is something special but she is not the only weapon in the Cats' arsenal. Others can and have stepped up when needed.
I have only seen parts of Arizona games, but I know when Yeaney was here she was a defensive beast. She will probably guard Berger I would think which would be a great match.

I have only seen parts of Arizona games, but I know when Yeaney was here she was a defensive beast. She will probably guard Berger I would think which would be a great match.
Her defensive play is why she starts for Arizona. Adia is all about defense and Bendu really plays hard.

ADVERTISEMENT