ADVERTISEMENT

IU makes Caden Curry’s Top 5...

Defensive line? That’s what I’m talking about. I’m done dissecting this. All valid points. I’m not sure what you more opinion you need. Not one time have I said IU is out or “written off”. It’s Ohio state then us. That’s it. That’s all.
My numbers ARE defensive line, OSU offers and "warm" ratings on 247. He's doping his homework better than you and sees the potential competition.

My numbers ARE defensive line, OSU offers and "warm" ratings on 247. He's doping his homework better than you and sees the potential competition.

Look at prospects. The offers are usually way behind in reality. The prospects are the ones they show the most interest. If it says “cool” next to the name means they aren’t interested as much. Curry is viewed as a must get by Ohio state. They view him as a Bosa type. He fits their system. They are hot after 4 DL and 2 are leaning to other schools. The info is out there and everyone expects him to be a lean to Ohio state. I’d love to say..ehhh you are right. The info we have to this point is him heading East.

Look at prospects. The offers are usually way behind in reality. The prospects are the ones they show the most interest. If it says “cool” next to the name means they aren’t interested as much. Curry is viewed as a must get by Ohio state. They view him as a Bosa type. He fits their system. They are hot after 4 DL and 2 are leaning to other schools. The info is out there and everyone expects him to be a lean to Ohio state. I’d love to say..ehhh you are right. The info we have to this point is him heading East.
What you stated is true but as another poster says SSH [something special happening] at IU.

Last edited:
Reactions: midwolfe
What you stated is true but as another poster says SSH [something special happening] at IU.
That’s why IU is a close second. From the info we have he does somewhat want to play with some of the guys at IU. That’s why I/some think he’s waiting to see who commits to Ohio State. He’s got time and we will wait for him. He’s not the type that needs to be in a hurry.

I agree. Waiting to see what other DL priorities commit to the Bucks is part of his decision making process. The Q is, is that a more important piece of criteria than wanting to play college FB with talent he has relationships with that are IU gets.
Go Hoosiers!

I agree. Waiting to see what other DL priorities commit to the Bucks is part of his decision making process. The Q is, is that a more important piece of criteria than wanting to play college FB with talent he has relationships with that are IU gets.
Go Hoosiers!
That’s just it. He is and was a priority at both schools. Even Ohio state experts talk about it. They love his type. Close to Columbus. From the looks and sound of it they(OSU) are focused on him. He’s one of them. Fits the Bosa brothers mold.

That’s just it. He is and was a priority at both schools. Even Ohio state experts talk about it. They love his type. Close to Columbus. From the looks and sound of it they(OSU) are focused on him. He’s one of them. Fits the Bosa brothers mold.

This all day.

People are caught up with his ranking on rivals being way under valued, but every Ohio State insider says he's one of the of the biggest priorities on the board for the buckeyes regardless of position.

Curry has laid out his timeline. Teams are gonna wait for him to make a decision.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Ohio $tate may want him (as a rotational player) but they'll have both of their starters for the next three years showing up on campus this fall... If he seriously believes he's going to get a fair shot at beating either of those two guys out (as a starter) he's letting them baffle him with bullshit...

That they are making him a priority tells me the ohio $tate is concerned about Indiana putting together a Team made up of quality players that might very well beat them in consecutive years... No better way for them to nip that in the bud than taking away a certain multi year starter (Curry) at Indiana and bringing him in as another quality backup for them... Classic stealing the opponents wind (as in "covering their sails")... tactic...

This all day.

People are caught up with his ranking on rivals being way under valued, but every Ohio State insider says he's one of the of the biggest priorities on the board for the buckeyes regardless of position.

Curry has laid out his timeline. Teams are gonna wait for him to make a decision.
Buckeyes really want him. They have always recruited guys like him. They usually get who they want in the Midwest. They don’t want to lose a guy like him in their back yard. The recruiting with Indiana has them a bit concerned with him. They aren’t recruiting anyone harder from what I’m hearing. If IU pulls this out Ohio state will be just fine but make no mistake it will sting.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
Ohio $tate may want him (as a rotational player) but they'll have both of their starters for the next three years showing up on campus this fall... If he seriously believes he's going to get a fair shot at beating either of those two guys out (as a starter) he's letting them baffle him with bullshit...

That they are making him a priority tells me the ohio $tate is concerned about Indiana putting together a Team made up of quality players that might very well beat them in consecutive years... No better way for them to nip that in the bud than taking away a certain multi year starter (Curry) at Indiana and bringing him in as another quality backup for them... Classic stealing the opponents wind (as in "covering their sails")... tactic...
They always will have players but this one used to be easy pickings for Ohio state and Notre Dame. I still say he’s Ohio state lean but IU has a few things that make him pause. Nobody at Ohio state except for a rare few start day one. They usually get it by waiting there turn but they rotate a lot. Get experience and usually start or second up by their Jr year. What you say is all true.

Reactions: 76-1
Buckeyes really want him. They have always recruited guys like him. They usually get who they want in the Midwest. They don’t want to lose a guy like him in their back yard. The recruiting with Indiana has them a bit concerned with him. They aren’t recruiting anyone harder from what I’m hearing. If IU pulls this out Ohio state will be just fine but make no mistake it will sting.

Agree 100%.

We don't win many, but we've won a few (Sampson James and McCullough).

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Agree 100%.

We don't win many, but we've won a few (Sampson James and McCullough).
I think they were on DJ Moore for a hot minute. At least he was mentioned in the spring. I think if Curry was playing in the south he would be ranked higher. People don’t understand how rare it is for lineman of that caliber come from Indiana. I mean central Indiana hasn’t produced many.

I think they were on DJ Moore for a hot minute. At least he was mentioned in the spring. I think if Curry was playing in the south he would be ranked higher. People don’t understand how rare it is for lineman of that caliber come from Indiana. I mean central Indiana hasn’t produced many.

Yeah, at one time he certainly had a offer, but I don't think he was being recruited all the hard or at all when he committed to us.

Yeah because extending an offer to someone 3 years out from college takes so much time and effort. Woodson and Rosie have a connection in Broad Ripple High School. Not IU's fault Curry doesn't want anything to do with Purdue. Pound sand.

Yes, I have a connection to Kirby Puckett since we both attended Chicago’s Calumet High School. Billionaire industrialist Dick Duchoissois and I also also went to the same high school, Morgan Park Military Academy. One was 17 years my senior and one was 18 years my junior. Colvin was 20 years Woodson’s junior. Wow! Former Vice President Dan Quayle was only 5 years my junior at DePauw. Now there’s the guy I need to name drop!

Yes, I have a connection to Kirby Puckett since we both attended Chicago’s Calumet High School. Billionaire industrialist Dick Duchoissois and I also also went to the same high school, Morgan Park Military Academy. One was 17 years my senior and one was 18 years my junior. Colvin was 20 years Woodson’s junior. Wow! Former Vice President Dan Quayle was only 5 years my junior at DePauw. Now there’s the guy I need to name drop!
Sorry to interject on y’all’s conversation, but I likely just spent more time reading that nonsense you posted than time it took for Woodson to offer Colvin. It’s not that deep, I’m sure Woodson isn’t losing any sleep over it.

Sorry to interject on y’all’s conversation, but I likely just spent more time reading that nonsense you posted than time it took for Woodson to offer Colvin. It’s not that deep, I’m sure Woodson isn’t losing any sleep over it.
Most of us could name drop. I’m not because I guarantee somebody would know who I am. I like being private on these boards. Keeps dumb people from breathing upland in my face arguing politics and other crazy stuff. 🥴

Reactions: BoilerN

And that is exactly what happened for many years until there was a limit on the number of scholarship players. Now is much more parity in the sport. Many years ago there were not many teams you could expect to be good each season. Now it is much more open, except for the very top.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Most of us could name drop. I’m not because I guarantee somebody would know who I am. I like being private on these boards. Keeps dumb people from breathing upland in my face arguing politics and other crazy stuff. 🥴

Did I say anything to suggest being friends? All I did was say we attended the same school at a certain point. I would never have even brought it up had the decision to offer Colvin not caused a “ tempest in the tea pot” called Peegs for several days. It consumed several threads of a great deal of poster energy.

Did I say anything to suggest being friends? All I did was say we attended the same school at a certain point. I would never have even brought it up had the decision to offer Colvin not caused a “ tempest in the tea pot” called Peegs for several days. It consumed several threads of a great deal of poster energy.
And……

Making his top 5 is good PR , but it doesn't mean squat if we don't get him to sign . Our recruiting is really up , and we have some really good players coming in on D .If we could get his commit our team ranking would move up , plus we would have a really strong defensive core of players . I think our offense will be very good , but you win with Defense ,and our defense should be able to compete with anyone in the BIG 10 .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT