ADVERTISEMENT

IU makes Caden Curry’s Top 5...

Good....can't ask for more than that. He has the chops to go anywhere. I imagine we'd have to surprise again to have much of a chance.
We are right in the mix. Ohio state is his dream school but he knows a lot of players around IU. He even would like to play with a few of them. That being said it’s Ohio state at this point.

The likelihood of PT at IU seems better than at his other picks. You can't get an NFL contract if you don't play.

We have a tough but very interesting schedule. If we can go 8-4 regular season and get in a better bowl we'll be in great shape recruiting wise, if not for him, for some other highly regarded players.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Make no mistake he’s going to play pretty quickly wherever he chooses to play. He’s that good.
If the rankings and offer status mean anything, tOSU has open offers out with seven defensive linemen rated higher than Curry, three of which are "warm" by the recruits and two of which are high five star recruits. If one or more of them commits, Curry has an uphill battle out of the blocks just against guys in his class, not to mention existing players and future recruits. tOSU is a much tougher place for a guy like Curry to get PT than say IU which may never be able to get five star recruits which tOSU get regularly. Relative to coaching, if you're clearly a top dog compared to other recruits, the likelihood of coaching attention may be different as well. You have to make a name for yourself, at IU he could be a key part of IU's defense, maybe at tOSU as well, but the competition could also relegate him to part time player rather than starter. Game experience also plays in development.

If the rankings and offer status mean anything, tOSU has open offers out with seven defensive linemen rated higher than Curry, three of which are "warm" by the recruits and two of which are high five star recruits. If one or more of them commits, Curry has an uphill battle out of the blocks just against guys in his class, not to mention existing players and future recruits. tOSU is a much tougher place for a guy like Curry to get PT than say IU which may never be able to get five star recruits which tOSU get regularly. Relative to coaching, if you're clearly a top dog compared to other recruits, the likelihood of coaching attention may be different as well. You have to make a name for yourself, at IU he could be a key part of IU's defense, maybe at tOSU as well, but the competition could also relegate him to part time player rather than starter. Game experience also plays in development.
We have already discussed this at nauseam. Curry is good enough to beat guys higher out. He’s very much an Ohio state lean. He will play and play a lot.

Reactions: mk23
We have already discussed this at nauseam. Curry is good enough to beat guys higher out. He’s very much an Ohio state lean. He will play and play a lot.
So OSU gets two or three five star guys ranked well above him and you know Curry will play a lot and beat out those guys? Really? If so, how come Curry isn't ranked above them? Wouldn't those guys be equally motivated to play? Wouldn't those guys, rated higher, perhaps come in with more natural ability and with development be even further ahead of Curry? Discounting that out of hand makes zero sense.

I think just being in his top 5 along with the others speaks volumes about the current state of the program.
He’s still OSU’s to lose but ya never know.
He must be giving us serious consideration,he could just as easily named a top 3 or even 4🤷‍♂️

So OSU gets two or three five star guys ranked well above him and you know Curry will play a lot and beat out those guys? Really? If so, how come Curry isn't ranked above them? Wouldn't those guys be equally motivated to play? Wouldn't those guys, rated higher, perhaps come in with more natural ability and with development be even further ahead of Curry? Discounting that out of hand makes zero sense.
Look I’m not arguing those points. I just know OSU hasn’t even mentioned to him switching positions on the line. I’m not discounting his ability as you are. You are assuming those guys will choose OSU. I’m just stating that as much as anyone wants him at IU he’s a lean to OSU and not much will change that.

Reactions: Baller23Boogie
I think just being in his top 5 along with the others speaks volumes about the current state of the program.
He’s still OSU’s to lose but ya never know.
He must be giving us serious consideration,he could just as easily named a top 3 or even 4🤷‍♂️
I bet Oregon is the #5 spot given distance. Alabama & Clemson aren’t too far away, southeast, and OSU next state over. Those three schools are truly gold standard programs where one could understand anyone wanting to go there. But possibly being able to play sooner, HOME state pride, a rising team and coach of the year candidate. I think IU could make a legit run at him this year if IU puts together a great season!

I bet Oregon is the #5 spot given distance. Alabama & Clemson aren’t too far away, southeast, and OSU next state over. Those three schools are truly gold standard programs where one could understand anyone wanting to go there. But possibly being able to play sooner, HOME state pride, a rising team and coach of the year candidate. I think IU could make a legit run at him this year if IU puts together a great season!
Agree,I think he will take a ‘wait and see’ approach as to how our season plays out.
Anything less than 8 regular season wins AND a bowl win will be a disappointment in my book.

Well, rather than be criticized like Woodson was by many IU fans for offering Myles Colvin, Purdue elected to “Get Real” and perserve resources for realistic opportunities.
Yeah because extending an offer to someone 3 years out from college takes so much time and effort. Woodson and Rosie have a connection in Broad Ripple High School. Not IU's fault Curry doesn't want anything to do with Purdue. Pound sand.

If it's not Ohio State, I truly think he'll commit to Indiana. I don't think Curry is a huge priority for either Alabama or Clemson but a possible back up option if things don't pan out with other recruits. If Alabama and Clemson offer, you at least listen which I'm sure Curry is doing. Don't think Oregon is a serious contender at all, but it may be worth a visit. Would be a very neat experience to tour that campus and facilities.

If it's not Ohio State, I truly think he'll commit to Indiana. I don't think Curry is a huge priority for either Alabama or Clemson but a possible back up option if things don't pan out with other recruits. If Alabama and Clemson offer, you at least listen which I'm sure Curry is doing. Don't think Oregon is a serious contender at all, but it may be worth a visit. Would be a very neat experience to tour that campus and facilities.
All the higher recruits at his spot have Clemson, Ohio state and Alabama. 2 of the three look to be leaning to other schools. The arguments against him going to OSU are just ludicrous. We’ve hashed this crap out in other threads already. I want him at IU as much as anyone but it is what it is.

All the higher recruits at his spot have Clemson, Ohio state and Alabama. 2 of the three look to be leaning to other schools. The arguments against him going to OSU are just ludicrous. We’ve hashed this crap out in other threads already. I want him at IU as much as anyone but it is what it is.
Like I said, if he doesn't commit to Ohio State, I believe he ends up at IU. IU has their work cut out in front of them in regards to Curry, but I don't think he's an absolute lock to Ohio State as of yet.

Like I said, if he doesn't commit to Ohio State, I believe he ends up at IU. IU has their work cut out in front of them in regards to Curry, but I don't think he's an absolute lock to Ohio State as of yet.
If he’s 1st or 2nd ranked DL in that class. he’s a lock. Dream school. Hard to say no. Hope I’m wrong.

If he’s 1st or 2nd ranked DL in that class. he’s a lock. Dream school. Hard to say no. Hope I’m wrong.
If it's his dream school and he's held an offer for almost a year from Ohio State, what exactly is he waiting on? You know Ohio State isn't going to wait on him. I'm not going to pretend to know what is going on in Curry's head, but I'm guessing he realizes he has the opportunity of a life time ahead of him to play at his childhood school. And while on paper it looks an offer one can't resist, there is always a calculated risk committing to a school like Ohio State. Ohio State recruits the best talent year in and year out. The margin for error at a school like Ohio State is slim to none.

I've seen way too many Indiana high school recruits over the years (Kiel, Peters, Hunter Johnson, etc) jump at the best offer only to see it backfire in their face.

If it's his dream school and he's held an offer for almost a year from Ohio State, what exactly is he waiting on? You know Ohio State isn't going to wait on him. I'm not going to pretend to know what is going on in Curry's head, but I'm guessing he realizes he has the opportunity of a life time ahead of him to play at his childhood school. And while on paper it looks an offer one can't resist, there is always a calculated risk committing to a school like Ohio State. Ohio State recruits the best talent year in and year out. The margin for error at a school like Ohio State is slim to none.

I've seen way too many Indiana high school recruits over the years (Kiel, Peters, Hunter Johnson, etc) jump at the best offer only to see it backfire in their face.
That’s why I set it up with “if”. He’s waiting on those top two. They only have 3 rated higher in that class. The two top ones are leans to other schools. The other is wide open. It’s Ohio state first and that’s a fact. Has been for awhile.

I hope IU plays lights out this season in all three phases going undefeated this season then pulling in Curry to make our defense even better. We have some of the best players in the B1G to beat each team if they all stay healthy.

That’s why I set it up with “if”. He’s waiting on those top two. They only have 3 rated higher in that class. The two top ones are leans to other schools. The other is wide open. It’s Ohio state first and that’s a fact. Has been for awhile.
I thought you said he was good enough to play at OSU regardless of who else committed, at least that's what you've been telling us for weeks. So if he is in fact waiting it out then he's either:

a) not in fact a lock to Ohio State
b) not as good as you say he is (even though he is damn good)

I thought you said he was good enough to play at OSU regardless of who else committed, at least that's what you've been telling us for weeks. So if he is in fact waiting it out then he's either:

a) not in fact a lock to Ohio State
b) not as good as you say he is (even though he is damn good)
Why not wait it out. You are thinking of somebody else on the “weeks” part. He’s the one that convinced me.(I argued he wanted to play with the McCullough kids) He’s around the center grove program too. He’s a lot more connected than any of us. I’m not arguing that he could or could not be better. He’s simply good enough to commit now but why not wait. He’s certainly in the group that usually does. Not once did I say he’s a for certain lock. He is a lock if he is top 2. Why is that so hard for you?

Why not wait it out. You are thinking of somebody else on the “weeks” part. He’s the one that convinced me.(I argued he wanted to play with the McCullough kids) He’s around the center grove program too. He’s a lot more connected than any of us. I’m not arguing that he could or could not be better. He’s simply good enough to commit now but why not wait. He’s certainly in the group that usually does. Not once did I say he’s a for certain lock. He is a lock if he is top 2. Why is that so hard for you?
Why not wait it out? Because clearly Ohio State isn't going to wait on Caden Curry to decide as evident by them targeting higher rated recruits. If Ohio State is his dream school then I don't understand what he's waiting for other than the fact he truly doesn't know where he wants to go and is doing his due diligence. I think Curry wants to play at Ohio State but also realizes it may not be in his best interest down the line. If he didn't care about other competition or playing time I would have thought he would have committed by now.

Why not wait it out? Because clearly Ohio State isn't going to wait on Caden Curry to decide as evident by them targeting higher rated recruits. If Ohio State is his dream school then I don't understand what he's waiting for other than the fact he truly doesn't know where he wants to go and is doing his due diligence. I think Curry wants to play at Ohio State but also realizes it may not be in his best interest down the line. If he didn't care about other competition or playing time I would have thought he would have committed by now.
I’m just telling you what I’ve been told. I’m not sure what’s left to argue. Of course everything you say could be true but don’t attack me for the same. It’s like beating a dead horse. All these points have been argued to death.

What are you looking at? OSU has seven offers out on players rated higher than Curry, not three. OSU's numbers three, four and six ranked are warm ie. lean OSU. Curry is number eight. while you may be right, if OSU is the dream school, why not just commit and be done with it. All of the phone calls and the hassle of the recruiting drill would end and he could just enjoy his senior year. If it was so clear, it would be over already. That he hasn't done that yet means it is not over. so my, logical conclusion is that OSU may be number one, it is a weak not firm one and opens the door. I doubt the IU coaches have written off Curry and they have a lot to sell.

What are you looking at? OSU has seven offers out on players rated higher than Curry, not three. OSU's numbers three, four and six ranked are warm ie. lean OSU. Curry is number eight. while you may be right, if OSU is the dream school, why not just commit and be done with it. All of the phone calls and the hassle of the recruiting drill would end and he could just enjoy his senior year. If it was so clear, it would be over already. That he hasn't done that yet means it is not over. so my, logical conclusion is that OSU may be number one, it is a weak not firm one and opens the door. I doubt the IU coaches have written off Curry and they have a lot to sell.
Defensive line? That’s what I’m talking about. I’m done dissecting this. All valid points. I’m not sure what you more opinion you need. Not one time have I said IU is out or “written off”. It’s Ohio state then us. That’s it. That’s all.

Reactions: Pazhoosier85
Coached against CC in baseball - very good player - I’m sure CTA & staff have gone all in on him - obviously hope we get him him, but respect the kid’s decision - he could really make an impact here - we’ll see....

Reactions: mk23
Curry must be strongly considering Indiana, or at least another program not named Ohio State. If Ohio State is truly his dream school and he has an offer in his pocket, what in the hell is he waiting on??

I'd obviously love for CC to verbal to Indiana and the sooner the better. A big name like that can certainly attract more high-quality recruits. The ole snowball effect comes into play.

Reactions: indiana ed and mk23
Yeah because extending an offer to someone 3 years out from college takes so much time and effort. Woodson and Rosie have a connection in Broad Ripple High School. Not IU's fault Curry doesn't want anything to do with Purdue. Pound sand.
Woodson offered him sight unseen actually. But that recruitment was over as soon as Purdue offered. To Des's point though. No reason for Purdue to recruit him. Just like Romeo and Lander. Purdue seems to pick their battles in state.

Reactions: Sophie1970

We all know what an amazing number of Center Grover athletes come from Purdue households.

It would be great to get him, but it does look like an uphill battle. Has DL recruiting always been this competitive?

We all know it is for sure an uphill battle to get Curry. But hey we can dream and CTA and is staff have pulled off some miracles. Also does make you wonder why Curry has not jumped at the offer from his dream school.

Reactions: td75
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT