ADVERTISEMENT

IU leading for Romeo?

I see no way that Romeo has a soph season, at any university. He is that good. He would have started at IU as a soph, in high school.
I hope we get him but observe that he seems to play v-e-r-y methodically. So did high-school-Yogi for that matter.

When I remember how fast players like Isiah, Ricky Green, Tony Brown and Yogi proved to be in college, I must wait to see how good Romeo actually plays against college talent before annointing him.

I think we all can name freshman guards who promise to be as good as Romeo. Only some of them live up to the hype. I hope Romeo comes to IU and shows what he can do.

Reactions: IUgradman
Romeos choice is in the spring and thats good for IU

Has he specifically said he's waiting until Spring or is that message board assumption/speculation?

Can't see RL going to Vandy....to me the most likely outcome is RL and DG to IU; then RL to IU and DG to Vandy; then RL to UL and DG to Vandy.

Reactions: mazz
Has he specifically said he's waiting until Spring or is that message board assumption/speculation?

Can't see RL going to Vandy....to me the most likely outcome is RL and DG to IU; then RL to IU and DG to Vandy; then RL to UL and DG to Vandy.
Drew was just on the SEC Network pre-game show from Nashville.

Yes, the general assumption is next spring. Right now UNC is also coming on hot so its gonna definitely NOT be a decision this fall.

What I have heard is that Romeo's parents asked Vandy to recruit him, because education is huge factor. Vandy did not think that they would have a chance, so they did not attempt to recruit him in the beginning. I think Romeo will most likely be a two year player even if has a one and done year.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT