ADVERTISEMENT

IU leading for Romeo?

The fact that we're even wondering says a lot about Archie's ability as a recruiter. Pitino is a HOF coach with multiple FFs, 2 national titles, multiple conference titles, and a ton of players who played professionally and he's been recruiting Romeo for years. Here comes Archie, hired only a few months ago and has yet to coach two seconds of an IU game and there's serious discussion (not just here) that Romeo could land at IU.

Pitino is a HOF coach but with only one national title. Will the bannner be taken down when they play IU? :p

Romeo is going to the UL/Clemson game with a new commit in the 2019 class for them. Simons is consensus top 15 player they have commitied for next season. Pitino have 7 final fours and two title so however you view him its ultimately up the what the parent/guarden/athlete thinks. I know theres been a ton about him and UofL but I have to cut him some slack Ive read recently that his best friend/brother in law was killed in 9/11 and he had a young son die too. Nobodys prefect and im not throwing no stones. I do think CAM will seal the deal next spring with Romeo. I feel good about this.

Romeo is going to the UL/Clemson game with a new commit in the 2019 class for them. Simons is consensus top 15 player they have commitied for next season. Pitino have 7 final fours and two title so however you view him its ultimately up the what the parent/guarden/athlete thinks. I know theres been a ton about him and UofL but I have to cut him some slack Ive read recently that his best friend/brother in law was killed in 9/11 and he had a young son die too. Nobodys prefect and im not throwing no stones. I do think CAM will seal the deal next spring with Romeo. I feel good about this.
I wouldn't blame him for taking the opportunities offered by being recruited by UL such as going to Game Day day for football. He is also taking official visits to the schools that are further away so they pay expenses. IU, UL, UK may all getunofficials since they are all withing driving distance.

I don't know why everyone thinks Romeo would be a one and done. Those that have been around him know how important education is to him and his family. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays at least 2 if not 3 years wherever he goes. He certainly has shown the ability to get a degree in that time frame.
If that is the case it would be real nice to get Watford and Brooks in 2019 to go along with him as a sophomore.

Reactions: IUgradman
I wouldn't blame him for taking the opportunities offered by being recruited by UL such as going to Game Day day for football. He is also taking official visits to the schools that are further away so they pay expenses. IU, UL, UK may all getunofficials since they are all withing driving distance.
If you take an unofficial visit what can the school provide the recruit? Can they take them to dinner or pay for their bowling for instance? Or is it that the school is prohibited from any financial contribution?

If you take an unofficial visit what can the school provide the recruit? Can they take them to dinner or pay for their bowling for instance? Or is it that the school is prohibited from any financial contribution?
I don't think they can pay for anything on an unofficial.

If that is the case it would be real nice to get Watford and Brooks in 2019 to go along with him as a sophomore.
Interesting that last week on Sports Talk Indiana with Matt Dennison there was an Indy sports writer, I think it was Doyle, talking about the 3 Indiana players visiting MSU last week with AH committing and Davis receiving offer. when asked about Brooks he said you won't see it public anywhere but he is going to IU.

Reactions: IUgradman
Those kind of comments are really getting old. No longer clever since it has been used so much.
Not meant to be clever. It is a FACT. VPM asked a question and I provided an answer as an example. Maybe UNC hand out text books. Maybe IU hands out cell phones. Maybe UK hands out jewelry and furs.

Interesting that last week on Sports Talk Indiana with Matt Dennison there was an Indy sports writer, I think it was Doyle, talking about the 3 Indiana players visiting MSU last week with AH committing and Davis receiving offer. when asked about Brooks he said you won't see it public anywhere but he is going to IU.
Doyle also wrote an article last year how Wilkes was a heavy IU lean and you see how that ended.

He wasn't the only one reporting that. Seems a combination of Crean dropping the ball and UCLA promises sent him to the West.

CTC was also responsible for the US invasion of Iraq.

While the truth about what moves teenagers to do as they do will ever remain a mystery, it's clear you're just making shit up. "Dropping the ball"? "Promises"? Right...

CTC is gone - let it go.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Peegs banned me for being "negative" towards the end of the Crean era. I guess I was supposed to put on a happy face and get jazzed about Tim Priller and Grant Gelon.

What really caught my eyes were his 0 point effort against Warren Central High School. I get it you have some off nights, but to get SHUT OUT? Oh my.....as what's his face used to say on TV. And people talked about him not even being the best player on his team. Tom Crean just couldn't help himself.

What really caught my eyes were his 0 point effort against Warren Central High School. I get it you have some off nights, but to get SHUT OUT? Oh my.....as what's his face used to say on TV. And people talked about him not even being the best player on his team. Tom Crean just couldn't help himself.
What should have been an obvious red flag to everyone was Gelon getting minimal playing time against the Jr All-Stars - an event the promoters all use to showcase IU recruits.

If I had to pick one player most important to have at IU, it would be Romeo.
That would positively change the arc of recruiting in 2019 and long into the future affecting all future In-State and 5* Recruiting.
Romeo is literally the best Indiana HS player that I have watched in person in the last 20 years.
He would be a difference maker, Day 1 at IU.
And Romeo appears by all measures to be a high quality young man.
He is the Total Package.

I went to that game. Gelon was the seventh best player on the court that night. Creaniacs can excuse all they want, but Crean just can't help himself. I cannot imagine him getting a high level job in the near future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT