ADVERTISEMENT

IU is thinking about canceling Bahamas trip

My friend's travel agent sent them a list of new procedures while in the Bahamas. I haven't seen the list, but they mentioned masking updates as one new change.
Yeah, that's in that first link. Masking and social distancing while in public places.

Fines and jail time for people who don't comply with mask laws.

Yeah, that's in that first link. Masking and social distancing while in public places.

Fines and jail time for people who don't comply with mask laws.
As long as I can take my mask down to puff on the other stuff that will not have fines or jail time associated with it in The Bahamas. :)

I also am pretty sure If you got approved for a health visa (like me) you are good to go. They can't come in a few days before and make you do more shit. They would just have to cancel it.

So this post goes from IU in the Islands to the virtues of voting for Rand Paul. Really?
Who cares about how posters vote?
I'm not sure anyone on the board is real anyway.
I could be in the IU fan matrix. Massive grin!
All kidding aside, I hope IU plays in the Islands. Not because I'm planning on going (good for those who are, have fun!) but because I want Woody to have some game time with his new guys to get some things identified and worked out before the games count.
Go Hoosiers!

Why? What the hell would be the point of forcing everyone to get vaccinated then? At a certain point some people are going to have to come back to the reality that there is a certain risk to actually living. If you mandate that every person on your campus has to be vaccinated, you have zero reason to shut down for a COVID outbreak. People with the shots did just fine in that MA outbreak. It did literally make COVID like a bad case of the flu for some and like a nasty cold for others.

If they did try to shut everything down and go remote again, then why force all these healthy 18-22 year olds to get the vaccine in the first place?
What you just described sounds actually more severe than the first round of covid as the majority of people expressed minor to no symptoms.

What you just described sounds actually more severe than the first round of covid as the majority of people expressed minor to no symptoms.
So did a large majority of those in MA. Go read the stats behind it. Yeah people were testing positive but the overwhelming majority had very minor symptoms. The worst were flu like (keeping in mind that the flu does put some in the hospital).

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Ah, the Bowling Green, Kentucky hilljack, low IQ type, I see. Do you have a couch on your front porch of your trailer?
I actually live in Louisville in one of my investment properties, which is not a trailer nor has a couch outside.

Although I am finalizing my plans to move in the next three months, one of the properties I am looking at has a couch on the outside and even some chairs! How hillbilly(ish), right?

I must admit the couch is not located at the front of the property, though. It's located in the back... on the deck... next to the boat dock...that's in Antigua.

What I am trying to communicate is that while I may be a low IQ Kentucky hilljack, I am still more successful than you will ever be.

I actually live in Louisville in one of my investment properties, which is not a trailer nor has a couch outside.

Although I am finalizing my plans to move in the next three months, one of the properties I am looking at has a couch on the outside and even some chairs! How hillbilly(ish), right?

I must admit the couch is not located at the front of the property, though. It's located in the back... on the deck... next to the boat dock...that's in Antigua.

What I am trying to communicate is that while I may be a low IQ Kentucky hilljack, I am still more successful than you will ever be.
The simple fact that you are spitting in Shitters face amuses me, I find enjoyment in it.
When you admit to living in "your investment property", reminds me that it's easy to spit between wide gaped teeth like an alpaca.

I will be irate if this happens.
The good news is if the trip is canceled, missing the Bahamas is no big deal. It's hotter than hell they're right now. You got the same weather and better amenities in Southern Florida.

The good news is if the trip is canceled, missing the Bahamas is no big deal. It's hotter than hell they're right now. You got the same weather and better amenities in Southern Florida.

I want to go out of the country, mainly just because it has been taken away from me for a year and a half. That and I wanna see if Scoop is all that.

You bet...wink wink

The simple fact that you are spitting in Shitters face amuses me, I find enjoyment in it.
When you admit to living in "your investment property", reminds me that it's easy to spit between wide gaped teeth like an alpaca.
Politifact rates this as a half-true statement.

While it is correct to say that it is easy to spit between "gapped" teeth this is not the technique used by Alpaca. Alpaca actually uses a gaped mouth technique that is totally different.

• Haha
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
The beaches right now in Nassau are not crowded at all. No way you find beaches like this in Florida that are not just crazy-packed.

Also, fly to Antigua as it's a more beautiful island with more beaches, less crime, and they now have direct flights also depending on your airport.

Only 36% of African Americans are vaxed, and only 41% of Hispanics. Maybe those in this demographic are too busy making their Trump signs to get jabbed, huh?

RFK Jr., who's political leanings are well known, is one of the vocal leaders of the anti vax movement. Another idiot Trumper, right?

But hey, let's not get political.
I always bristle at this comment as well. "It's Trump supporters....they are the ones refusing to get vaccinated."

People make decisions, such as vaccination/non-vaccination, individually.....which is their right. To generalize and state it's all one's political party affiliation that dictates which side of the fence you stand on is: being too lazy to do basic research on the matter, you've had success in previous arguments lumping everyone in one bucket and no one has challenged you on it or that line of thinking is so ingrained in you that you don't want to do even the most rudimentary research on the matter and you're just being obsequious to that line of thinking/ talk track. The fact that there is not a 100% vaccination rate within the NFL should put the "It's all the Trump supporters fault" to rest. But just in case: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-react-nfl-vaccine-memo-questions-future-nfl.

As a previous poster replied, I too spend quite a bit of time in the HealthCare arena based upon being in the Med Device Space for almost 20 Years. My Team Members sit in Arterial and Venous cases daily.....with their level of involvement being very high on the Venous side. When Covid first hit last year, one of my TMs stated to me that the blood looked noticeably different with Covid patients... with more of a molasses consistency to it. So the statements that Covid patients are probably more hypercoagulative is correct. I'll add additional thoughts in a second.

Years ago, I also spent some time as a Product Manager for Infectious Disease Testing with one of the larger Healthcare Companies in the World. One of the assays we tested for was PSA. It was many years ago, but I believe the figure was something like 70% of males will die with some form of Prostate Cancer..... not BECAUSE of Prostate Cancer, but will have a degree of Prostate Cancer when they die. This falls into my belief that the Covid numbers are inflated. Going back to my current role in Med Devices, I can tell you that in speaking to more than one of my Team Members and others in the Industry, documenting a Covid positive patient is important for Hospitals on two fronts: 1. Obviously they want to know as the Cath Lab/ Specials Lab is full of immunocompromised individuals and 2. The Gov't was compensating Hospitals for their levels of Covid positivity. My Team members have been in Caths or Endo cases where someone has made a point to state/ask,
"Did we test/ document this patient's Covid status?"

Going back to the Vaccination and how its an individual's right to make that call; and that you HAVE to get the vaccination to "protect" yourself. Well, I can tell you that I know of two people who got the vaccine which caused a PE and they both died FROM the vaccine. So in both those instances, they would have been better off NOT getting the vaccine. Additionally, both my College aged kids contracted Covid with the only symptoms that presented were some leg achiness. One of them subsequently got the vaccine and was pretty sick for a couple days..... once again, she had Covid with little to no symptoms previously....but got so sick from the first shot that she didn't want to get the second shot. She ended up getting the 2nd shot.

My opinion is it's still up to the individual. Additionally, if you've had Covid and have a positive Anti-body Test, you shouldn't be required to get the vaccine. If you've had Covid previously and recovered from it without issue, why would you potentially want to increase your own personal viral load by getting vaccinated? Could a vaccine exacerbate the situation? You already have the Anti-bodies. And before someone says, "Well, there are variants", true and that is why some who have already been vaccinated are getting Covid again. And for those who say, the Vaccine doesn't have the potential to cause Blood Clots:

In short, lumping people into a political party affiliation or intelligence bucket due to their own personal stance on Vaccination is in my opinion, very narrow minded. I have interacted with more then a few Vaccine Drum Beaters who I wouldn't hire to change the light bulb on my porch.

With all that said, I am clearly aware that I have never met nor probably will meet any of you any time soon.......

I always bristle at this comment as well. "It's Trump supporters....they are the ones refusing to get vaccinated."

People make decisions, such as vaccination/non-vaccination, individually.....which is their right. To generalize and state it's all one's political party affiliation that dictates which side of the fence you stand on is: being too lazy to do basic research on the matter, you've had success in previous arguments lumping everyone in one bucket and no one has challenged you on it or that line of thinking is so ingrained in you that you don't want to do even the most rudimentary research on the matter and you're just being obsequious to that line of thinking/ talk track. The fact that there is not a 100% vaccination rate within the NFL should put the "It's all the Trump supporters fault" to rest. But just in case: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...s-react-nfl-vaccine-memo-questions-future-nfl.

As a previous poster replied, I too spend quite a bit of time in the HealthCare arena based upon being in the Med Device Space for almost 20 Years. My Team Members sit in Arterial and Venous cases daily.....with their level of involvement being very high on the Venous side. When Covid first hit last year, one of my TMs stated to me that the blood looked noticeably different with Covid patients... with more of a molasses consistency to it. So the statements that Covid patients are probably more hypercoagulative is correct. I'll add additional thoughts in a second.

Years ago, I also spent some time as a Product Manager for Infectious Disease Testing with one of the larger Healthcare Companies in the World. One of the assays we tested for was PSA. It was many years ago, but I believe the figure was something like 70% of males will die with some form of Prostate Cancer..... not BECAUSE of Prostate Cancer, but will have a degree of Prostate Cancer when they die. This falls into my belief that the Covid numbers are inflated. Going back to my current role in Med Devices, I can tell you that in speaking to more than one of my Team Members and others in the Industry, documenting a Covid positive patient is important for Hospitals on two fronts: 1. Obviously they want to know as the Cath Lab/ Specials Lab is full of immunocompromised individuals and 2. The Gov't was compensating Hospitals for their levels of Covid positivity. My Team members have been in Caths or Endo cases where someone has made a point to state/ask,

Going back to the Vaccination and how its an individual's right to make that call; and that you HAVE to get the vaccination to "protect" yourself. Well, I can tell you that I know of two people who got the vaccine which caused a PE and they both died FROM the vaccine. So in both those instances, they would have been better off NOT getting the vaccine. Additionally, both my College aged kids contracted Covid with the only symptoms that presented were some leg achiness. One of them subsequently got the vaccine and was pretty sick for a couple days..... once again, she had Covid with little to no symptoms previously....but got so sick from the first shot that she didn't want to get the second shot. She ended up getting the 2nd shot.

My opinion is it's still up to the individual. Additionally, if you've had Covid and have a positive Anti-body Test, you shouldn't be required to get the vaccine. If you've had Covid previously and recovered from it without issue, why would you potentially want to increase your own personal viral load by getting vaccinated? Could a vaccine exacerbate the situation? You already have the Anti-bodies. And before someone says, "Well, there are variants", true and that is why some who have already been vaccinated are getting Covid again. And for those who say, the Vaccine doesn't have the potential to cause Blood Clots:

In short, lumping people into a political party affiliation or intelligence bucket due to their own personal stance on Vaccination is in my opinion, very narrow minded. I have interacted with more then a few Vaccine Drum Beaters who I wouldn't hire to change the light bulb on my porch.

With all that said, I am clearly aware that I have never met nor probably will meet any of you any time soon.......
dumb

Reactions: Bippy

Obvious Trumper...

You are free to make your own choice Bubba, just stay home and away from thinking people...we have to carry on with whatever is left after non-vaxxers destroy the economy.

Bubba your rights stop when your viral load reaches someone else's nose.

Are we clear?
Do you act this way in public? Just want to be clear because if you do you must have gotten the sh*t kicked out of you pretty regularly. Your rights would be ending by calling me bubba for starters? Are we clear on that , just want to be sure?

Do you act this way in public? Just want to be clear because if you do you must have gotten the sh*t kicked out of you pretty regularly. Your rights would be ending by calling me bubba for starters? Are we clear on that , just want to be sure?
I didn’t call you Bubba. I called Bubba Bubba. With me you get what you give, been that way since day one.

hope this helps.

and it is going to get a lot worse if we cannot get the idiots to put down their trump signs and get the jab. We should be done by now but instead heading back to masks and crowded ERs. The idiots are not just hurting themselves they are now hurting the rest of us.
You do realize most unvaccinated people are black? Or maybe you do not.Pretty sure most dont have trump signs in their yards. . What a stupid comment. I akso know hardcore liberals who have not gotten it

There are breakthrough infections for those jabbed but with these the risk is really not serious disease but spreading viral load to others (jabbed or not) which keeps the variants brewing. The jab rate down there will be low along with the living conditions of the workers.

This is hugely disappointing but if I were Scott and Woody I would putt the plug. Big boy decisions.

This is squarely on the shoulders of the anti-vax sheep.
What is your deal? You clearly think shamming is the way to go. I suggest you hit the minority communities and go door to door. Tell them they must be jabbed or else. I am sure it will go well for you.

WTF is wrong with you? You obviously have absolutely no social skills whatsoever which probably explains a lot of it. You must have absolutely been huddled in mortal fear for the last year.
Why is he so mad i thought this was a basketball site i had not visited in months? Now its a guy lecturing about getting the jab and going full blown politics. Unreal.

Reactions: Lucy01
Why is he so mad i thought this was a basketball site i had not visited in months? Now its a guy lecturing about getting the jab and going full blown politics. Unreal.
There is a small group , and should at least be kept on the cooler but is here too, that think they are the shot police and everyone has to listen to them or else, some hope people that dont get it die and it is just ridiculous. It seeped over here because of the nature of this thread.

Reactions: sparkeyreturns
There is a small group , and should at least be kept on the cooler but is here too, that think they are the shot police and everyone has to listen to them or else, some hope people that dont get it die and it is just ridiculous. It seeped over here because of the nature of this thread.
Must be an online tough guy thing. I know many hardcore jab people but they respect peoples own choice at least thats what they tell me to my face. That being said i could be jabbed but its nobodies business if i am. What i dont get is people like him thinking trashing people will make them want to get it. And the more time that goes on showing you can still get it with the jab good luck convincing the non vaccinated imo. And oh you still have to wear a mask. Lol people will say **** it.

You do realize most unvaccinated people are black? Or maybe you do not.Pretty sure most dont have trump signs in their yards. . What a stupid comment. I akso know hardcore liberals who have not gotten it
So stupid and uninformed. Try harder.

ADVERTISEMENT