ADVERTISEMENT

IU is thinking about canceling Bahamas trip

I wouldn’t say politics. It’s the comprehension and fleecing. If you can’t comprehend the information in front of you then you make the choice. Experimental vaccine bad. I chose science.
Funny thing about those “experimental“ drugs. I see people use that as a reason for not getting the shot. I consult for several hospitals and review patient records as part of my job. I have seen dozens of COVID hospitalizations. I have only seen one patient gasping for breath turn down the monoclonal antibodies that are also emergency use authorization and just as “experimental“

Funny thing about those “experimental“ drugs. I see people use that as a reason for not getting the shot. I consult for several hospitals and review patient records as part of my job. I have seen dozens of COVID hospitalizations. I have only seen one patient gasping for breath turn down the monoclonal antibodies that are also emergency use authorization and just as “experimental“
We’ve had several guys say it’s the sickest they’ve ever been and still aren’t right. They say,”I had pneumonia”. Then they get crazy and say then I tested positive and it became Covid! They believe all these crazy conspiracy theories. They look at me like I’m stupid for getting vaccinated! We have a serious problem with intelligent life in this country.

You got it exactly right. The whole experience of the last 19 months just shows what a f’ed up mess our country is in right now. Black is white, up is down, evil is good. Trying to look out for the public’s health is a bad thing. Makes me very pessimistic about the futurewhy don't you just worry about yourself.

Then your post (and voting for RP) were simply dumb.
So you were wrong on both of your points yet I'm still in the wrong. Got it. Fyi... you're not broken at all and I'm sure a winner in life.

Good luck with your wonderful life!

and it is going to get a lot worse if we cannot get the idiots to put down their trump signs and get the jab. We should be done by now but instead heading back to masks and crowded ERs. The idiots are not just hurting themselves they are now hurting the rest of us.

Only 36% of African Americans are vaxed, and only 41% of Hispanics. Maybe those in this demographic are too busy making their Trump signs to get jabbed, huh?

RFK Jr., who's political leanings are well known, is one of the vocal leaders of the anti vax movement. Another idiot Trumper, right?

But hey, let's not get political.

Only 36% of African Americans are vaxed, and only 41% of Hispanics. Maybe those in this demographic are too busy making their Trump signs to get jabbed, huh?
Nice, let's do math ...

That means appx 36,000,000 hispanics, and 27,000,000 African Americans, are unvaccinated. An appx total of 63,000,000. Right?

There's 75,000,000 unvaccinated non hispanic white with 50,000,000 of them living in red counties?

"Oh look over there it's their fault, it's always their fault" ... says the hillbilly.

There's also been a increase in vaccinations the last two weeks since this was released.
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

Last edited:

RFK Jr., who's political leanings are well known, is one of the vocal leaders of the anti vax movement. Another idiot Trumper, right?

But hey, let's not get political.
Fair enough. This post did not include those groups who have a different set of conspiracy theories but are contributing to the problem. I have noted them in the past here. Good call out.

Reactions: Zeke7 and BaxterIU
Nice, let's do math ...

That means appx 36,000,000 hispanics, and 27,000,000 African Americans, are unvaccinated. An appx total of 63,000,000. Right?

There's 75,000,000 unvaccinated non hispanic white with 50,000,000 of them living in red counties?

"Oh look over there it's their fault, it's always their fault" ... says the hillbilly.

There's also been a increase in vaccinations the last two weeks since this was released.
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-cov...data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/
Still contributing to the problem.

Fair enough. This post did not include those groups who have a different set of conspiracy theories but are contributing to the problem. I have noted them in the past here. Good call out.
Anything made political will cause this rift. The great demise of the country is the 2 party election system with career politicians. Their sole objective is to keep the people separated so they can stay in control. This causes people to lose their minds and not think rationally. Vote for Pedro!

Anything made political will cause this rift. The great demise of the country is the 2 party election system with career politicians. Their sole objective is to keep the people separated so they can stay in control. This causes people to lose their minds and not think rationally. Vote for Pedro!

Some people can just not fathom I would never vote for Tom Crean for President. If he ran Dem or republican, I would almost always vote against him as long as it was some sort of sane human on the other party.

I do think the younger generation is beginning to buck this, things do change, and change is a big part of this generation!

This is the wrong board for this but I agree the rifts are built into the process. While we certainly don't want to see a one party system (well some do), as a moderate independent I would like to see a third party that trancends the existing hyper-partisanism and limits terms of all types. Thusfar the third party players have been mostly crackpots so tough to say we will ever see it.

Reactions: ericrossiu
Millions, really? I assume you have data that shows that? No? Then STFU and let me make my own choice.
You are free to make your own choice Bubba, just stay home and away from thinking people...we have to carry on with whatever is left after non-vaxxers destroy the economy.

Bubba your rights stop when your viral load reaches someone else's nose.

Are we clear?

What is the reinfection rate for people who have recovered from covid? I read a study from the UK that found a 0.4% reinfection rate which I think is less than the breakthrough infections rate.
Has the team and staff had their covid shots? It is freaking August, and the vaccine has been available to that age group for several months. Get the shot - and play the games! Any player/staff that refuses the vaccine shot, have them stay home. Don't punish the whole team and fanbase that have booked to attend.

I have no inside info. But if they cancel, I think it will be a bad sign for allowing fans, playing a full season, etc.

Reactions: DANC
So... getting back to the original intent of this thread - how does one learn if the games will proceed or not? Any insiders here with intel from the University?
They are still booking rooms today. I think it's a go.

You mean caring about the health and welfare of their students?

Yeah what assholes...they should be more like Mitch!
Is it more risky now with vaccinated players than when they played with unvaccinated players this past winter?

Is it more risky now with vaccinated players than when they played with unvaccinated players this past winter?
I think it is less about the players and more about the local people. That is a nice resort in a bad area where the workers live.

Last edited:
Actually they saved millions of lives and allowed the stage to be set for the vaccines to end it. Politics got in the way and here we are. Missed opportunity.
No, it prolonged exposure and natural immunity, which is being ignored by the medical experts. It’s also responsible for increases in suicides, mental health issues and a myriad of other social concerns that will be with us for years. Not to mention the shortages in goods here and around the globe. Perfect set up for the Great Reset.

I think it is less about the players and the local people. That is a nice resort in a bad area where the workers live.
This is a nice resort in a bad area where the workers live? WTF are you talking about? Very few of the workers live on that island as they can't afford it, so they live in Nassau, the island located across the bridge.

How do I know this? I know people who live in both Nassau and Paradise Island and have visited three times in the past four months.

Seriously, if you think Paradise Island is a bad area, then don't go to another place in the Bahamas and about half the Caribbean.

Reactions: Fpeaugh2 and kkott
This is a nice resort in a bad area where the workers live? WTF are you talking about? Very few of the workers live on that island as they can't afford it, so they live in Nassau, the island located across the bridge.

How do I know this? I know people who live in both Nassau and Paradise Island and have visited three times in the past four months.

Seriously, if you think Paradise Island is a bad area, then don't go to another place in the Bahamas and about half the Caribbean.
Correct. Relax

...and I don't think IU is at all the outlier here. Every instituution is going to err on the side of caution in dealings with Covid. downside is too great if someone did die. No one is going to want to think about it, but I think there's a high likelihood many (most, almost all?) schools are going to be back to remote this fall. A charter school here in the Charlotte area that started classes last week already had 14 people come down with Covid.

IU did require all returning students to get vaccinated correct? That was smart, and I would guess will keep their rates, down, but as soon as you see a cluster or 2 break out, my guess is they'll cave and go back to remote classe.s
Why? What the hell would be the point of forcing everyone to get vaccinated then? At a certain point some people are going to have to come back to the reality that there is a certain risk to actually living. If you mandate that every person on your campus has to be vaccinated, you have zero reason to shut down for a COVID outbreak. People with the shots did just fine in that MA outbreak. It did literally make COVID like a bad case of the flu for some and like a nasty cold for others.

If they did try to shut everything down and go remote again, then why force all these healthy 18-22 year olds to get the vaccine in the first place?

Nice, let's do math ...

By and large, red counties are less dense and therefore less likely to cause super spreader events than most minority communities are (because a larger proportion of minorities tend to live in and nearby urban areas). So yeah, it is a bigger deal if inner city blacks are rejecting the shot than it is if a rural white is rejecting the shot because of the number of people each is likely to come in contact with in their day to day lives. The same would apply to urban whites versus rural minorities. Location matters.

Feel better now? I am sure you will get all sorts of awesome responses to a post like that which is sure to drive the conversation in a constructive way.
Really? As if any discussion on this site re: Covid has the least chance of being "constructive". Case in point, that ship already sailed on this thread.

Our friends just canceled their Bahamas trip. Apparently yesterday, the government has started new covid procedures that pretty strict.

Just updated them

This overview

Just updated them

This overview
My friend's travel agent sent them a list of new procedures while in the Bahamas. I haven't seen the list, but they mentioned masking updates as one new change.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT