ADVERTISEMENT

IU is thinking about canceling Bahamas trip

Well, just cough like crazy when you call about cancelling reservations and telle'm you can't afford cancellation fees, but maybe you should have gotten vaxed before you went to Lollapalooza this year. Seriously, I think most travel related places are doing refunds entirely, or at least vochures for any covid related cancellations. I think you're more upset about not getting to see the team early, but getting charged cancellation fees woulda added insult to injury.

Well, just cough like crazy when you call about cancelling reservations and telle'm you can't afford cancellation fees, but maybe you should have gotten vaxed before you went to Lollapalooza this year. Seriously, I think most travel related places are doing refunds entirely, or at least vochures for any covid related cancellations. I think you're more upset about not getting to see the team early, but getting charged cancellation fees woulda added insult to injury.

Ya I’ll get a free trip to the Bahamas at a later date, I knew that risk going in. I just thought it was gonna be for a hurricane!!!

for what it is worth, it is on as of now, and the team is scheduled to leave a week from tomorrow.

This would be a typical IU move, very similar to past history of behavior. All IU players and staff are vaccinated, would be a very bad look for recruiting IMO if the canceled.

All IU players and staff are vaccinated, would be a very bad look for recruiting IMO if the canceled.
I'd be amazed if that would be the reason for cancelling or keeping it as scheduled.

My bet is that it's the Serbians that would bow out and cause the cancellation to keep us clean. I just read that there are more lockdowns coming in EMEA. Bejing has been closed to travel as delta has taken hold there.

• Sad
Reactions: Cavanagh.13
Ya I’ll get a free trip to the Bahamas at a later date, I knew that risk going in. I just thought it was gonna be for a hurricane!!!

for what it is worth, it is on as of now, and the team is scheduled to leave a week from tomorrow.

This would be a typical IU move, very similar to past history of behavior. All IU players and staff are vaccinated, would be a very bad look for recruiting IMO if the canceled.
Disagree. It shows the Coaches and University have their best interest at heart. That would not be a particularly good environment for Covid down there.

Disappointing to be sure but I sure as hell wouldn't go stay in that resort right now.

Reactions: medred
Disagree. It shows the Coaches and University have their best interest at heart. That would not be a particularly good environment for Covid down there.

Disappointing to be sure but I sure as hell wouldn't go stay in that resort right now.

I am really confused about how people think on this. Yes I know this isn’t the water cooler, but wtf? 99.92% of vaccinated people have not got covid. if you get it when vaccinated the chance of death is very very low.

If you don’t get vaccinated, at some point, that has to be on you right? World keeps spinning, with or with out you. In this case, maybe literally.

Disappointing to be sure but I sure as hell wouldn't go stay in that resort righ

Id stay down there right now and would even drink out of the water fountains if I had a thirst to quench… I guess I might just be inconsiderate.

I'd be amazed if that would be the reason for cancelling or keeping it as scheduled.

My bet is that it's the Serbians that would bow out and cause the cancellation to keep us clean. I just read that there are more lockdowns coming in EMEA. Bejing has been closed to travel as delta has taken hold there.

These are my glory years for travel, damnit. At least I got to do a Uturn in Canada this year! Suck it homeland security!

I am really confused about how people think on this. Yes I know this isn’t the water cooler, but wtf? 99.92% of vaccinated people have not got covid. if you get it when vaccinated the chance of death is very very low.

If you don’t get vaccinated, at some point, that has to be on you right? World keeps spinning, with or with out you. In this case, maybe literally.
A big part of the challenge on this, is that everything is so new that there's just not good data, but this report caught my eye, and it says in a nutshell that in an outbreak in MA of about 470 folks, that 74% of the people infected had been vaccinated. Most were Delta variant cases, but those #s don't jive with anything that they've been saying recently.

CDC Study on MA Outbreak

Would be very typical of IU leadership.
Sounds about right coming from you. You sound like all the idiots at work. “It’s against my constitutional rights”! Then get sick and are never the same. Now they wish they got that “experimental” shot. Darwin is working overtime. Is being a boomer hard?

Reactions: Kelper

...and I don't think IU is at all the outlier here. Every instituution is going to err on the side of caution in dealings with Covid. downside is too great if someone did die. No one is going to want to think about it, but I think there's a high likelihood many (most, almost all?) schools are going to be back to remote this fall. A charter school here in the Charlotte area that started classes last week already had 14 people come down with Covid.

IU did require all returning students to get vaccinated correct? That was smart, and I would guess will keep their rates, down, but as soon as you see a cluster or 2 break out, my guess is they'll cave and go back to remote classe.s

• Haha
Reactions: Wiedersehen

There are breakthrough infections for those jabbed but with these the risk is really not serious disease but spreading viral load to others (jabbed or not) which keeps the variants brewing. The jab rate down there will be low along with the living conditions of the workers.

This is hugely disappointing but if I were Scott and Woody I would putt the plug. Big boy decisions.

This is squarely on the shoulders of the anti-vax sheep.

There are breakthrough infections for those jabbed but with these the risk is really not serious disease but spreading viral load to others (jabbed or not) which keeps the variants brewing. The jab rate down there will be low along with the living conditions of the workers.

This is hugely disappointing but if I were Scott and Woody I would putt the plug. Big boy decisions.

This is squarely on the shoulders of the anti-vax sheep.
What is the reinfection rate for people who have recovered from covid? I read a study from the UK that found a 0.4% reinfection rate which I think is less than the breakthrough infections rate.

kids under 12 can't get vaccinated yet and death isn't the only side effect to worry about.

...and I don't think IU is at all the outlier here. Every instituution is going to err on the side of caution in dealings with Covid. downside is too great if someone did die. No one is going to want to think about it, but I think there's a high likelihood many (most, almost all?) schools are going to be back to remote this fall. A charter school here in the Charlotte area that started classes last week already had 14 people come down with Covid.

IU did require all returning students to get vaccinated correct? That was smart, and I would guess will keep their rates, down, but as soon as you see a cluster or 2 break out, my guess is they'll cave and go back to remote classe.s

Yea but they have no way of enforcing it. I think it became more of a highly recommended.

Vaccinated do get covid it just doesn't affect them. they do though carry the virus and can pass it to the tin foil hat crowd.

Yea, at this point .. fk the dumb .. I didn't sign on to babysit dumbasses, let them get sick. It's their choice.

Natural selection prevails .. the smart move on, the dumb die off.

And fwiw it's not just about death, I know some people with long covid who have been suffering from shortness of breath and fatigue for almost a year. some have had clots forming in their lungs .. it isn't something to fk with

but ya know, it's the mark of the beast and filled with nanobots that turn you into a magnet ...

Last edited:

People do get covid, even if vaccinated. My aunt and uncle just recovered from covid last week and they were both vaccinated in April. He had a mild case, she had it much worse. Not scary worse, just tired, coughing and stomach issues. I know of 2 more vaccinated people that tested positive for covid, recently. Their kids, under 13 years old and not vaccinated caught it too. The kids did well, in fact better than the 35 year old parents. I think the numbers of vaccinated people getting covid is much higher than reported. At least from what I've seen.

I think covid is going to be around for a long, long time.

Reactions: MaxCoke
Sounds about right coming from you. You sound like all the idiots at work. “It’s against my constitutional rights”! Then get sick and are never the same. Now they wish they got that “experimental” shot. Darwin is working overtime. Is being a boomer hard?
I could have predicted this, it's always, always, the same type of people.
I think the numbers of vaccinated people getting covid is much higher than reported. At least from what I've seen.
Correct. Most don't have any symptoms at all.

Vaccinated do get covid it just doesn't affect them. they do though carry the virus and can pass it to the tin foil hat crowd.

Yea, at this point .. fk the dumb .. I didn't sign on to babysit dumbasses, let them get sick. It's their choice.

Natural selection prevails .. the smart move on, the dumb die off.

And fwiw it's not just about death, I know some people with long covid who have been suffering from shortness of breath and fatigue for almost a year. some have had clots forming in their lungs .. it isn't something to fk with

but ya know, it's the mark of the beast and filled with nanobots that turn you into a magnet ...
You got it exactly right. The whole experience of the last 19 months just shows what a f’ed up mess our country is in right now. Black is white, up is down, evil is good. Trying to look out for the public’s health is a bad thing. Makes me very pessimistic about the future.

You got it exactly right. The whole experience of the last 19 months just shows what a f’ed up mess our country is in right now. Black is white, up is down, evil is good. Trying to look out for the public’s health is a bad thing. Makes me very pessimistic about the future.
Yea a group of us (all vaccinated) were recently accused of being evil communists and promoting the mark of the beast. Ya know since we all want this BS to finally be over and were livid we had to mask up again to protect idiots who are too f**king stupid to protect themselves ..

You can't argue with them they live in a fantasy world of their own making.

People do get covid, even if vaccinated. My aunt and uncle just recovered from covid last week and they were both vaccinated in April. He had a mild case, she had it much worse. Not scary worse, just tired, coughing and stomach issues. I know of 2 more vaccinated people that tested positive for covid, recently. Their kids, under 13 years old and not vaccinated caught it too. The kids did well, in fact better than the 35 year old parents. I think the numbers of vaccinated people getting covid is much higher than reported. At least from what I've seen.

I think covid is going to be around for a long, long time.
and it is going to get a lot worse if we cannot get the idiots to put down their trump signs and get the jab. We should be done by now but instead heading back to masks and crowded ERs. The idiots are not just hurting themselves they are now hurting the rest of us.

IU did require it, and at first it had some teeth to it ... you had to upload proof. Then, they basically changed it to "checkbox, yeah, I promise I did" without requiring proof. Now, when 40,000 people descend on the town in a few weeks there is very high potential that people either lied or got a vaccine abroad that's not effective against Delta. There's a total possibility it could all be scrapped within a couple weeks/month. It's telling that city of Bloomington is pondering another mask mandate on their own without even considering the influx of students.

IU did require it, and at first it had some teeth to it ... you had to upload proof. Then, they basically changed it to "checkbox, yeah, I promise I did" without requiring proof. Now, when 40,000 people descend on the town in a few weeks there is very high potential that people either lied or got a vaccine abroad that's not effective against Delta. There's a total possibility it could all be scrapped within a couple weeks/month. It's telling that city of Bloomington is pondering another mask mandate on their own without even considering the influx of students.
They still get tested if they don't provide proof. The court ruling put the teeth right back in it.

Reactions: IUgradman

Yeah, lockdowns worked so well the 1st time. Moronic..

Yea a group of us (all vaccinated) were recently accused of being evil communists and promoting the mark of the beast. Ya know since we all want this BS to finally be over and were livid we had to mask up again to protect idiots who are too f**king stupid to protect themselves ..

You can't argue with them they live in a fantasy world of their own making.
I’m the only guy in our crafts shop vaccinated. The company came out with a new mandate that we use masks within 6ft unless you have been vaccinated. They gave me a sticker for my hard hat. 🤦🏻

Reactions: Jssanto and T.M.P.
Huh? What does this have to do with the vaccine? They’ve all had their shots.

Actually they saved millions of lives and allowed the stage to be set for the vaccines to end it. Politics got in the way and here we are. Missed opportunity.
I wouldn’t say politics. It’s the comprehension and fleecing. If you can’t comprehend the information in front of you then you make the choice. Experimental vaccine bad. I chose science.

Unless I am missing something, the cancellation would be covid, not IU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT