ADVERTISEMENT

IU is Recruiting 7-Footer for 2020 Class (Brandon Lieb)

Brandon Lieb is not rated, but his highlight video definitely shows potential.

Highlight Video at bottom of page

I know it's a highlight video and the competition didn't appear great...However, the kid uses either hand effortlessly (shoots right but almost appears to prefer going left) and appears very coordinated, which is rare for his size. He needs to obviously bulk up, but if he truly is considering coming in and red shirting, I'm all in.

Not a bad idea to recruit and red shirt him. It is a highlight video but it's good to see him use both hands around the basket. He might develop into a solid college player.

Reactions: 76-1
I know it's a highlight video and the competition didn't appear great...However, the kid uses either hand effortlessly (shoots right but almost appears to prefer going left) and appears very coordinated, which is rare for his size. He needs to obviously bulk up, but if he truly is considering coming in and red shirting, I'm all in.

Not to mention we need bigs for '22! With both Brunk and TJD (likely) gone after this year, it just leaves us with Duncomb as a true post. I'd hoped we'd add a post or GT in to this year's class, but we need size for next year, so having him on the team learning, and going through conditioning and strength training would be great.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
His offensive skills are good, it would be nice to see how good he can be if he puts on some weight and plays against tougher competition! The only thing I dont like after watching his highlights is he doesnt like to pass the ball. He’d rather go for the close shot in between 2-3 defenders than pass to the wide open wing player! Saw that numerous times in the video!

does seem to be good with right or left hand. Shoots 3s righty but nice lefty jump hook. Need to see him against competition taller than 5 foot 11. Has some respectable offers and interest. Shoots the 3 better than most of our backcourt this past yr. But can he dance like Priller?

that kid was a mockery of Iu basketball

I'd like to know why he's unrated. Was he 5'7" until a growth spurt last year? Probably won't see the floor next year, so I'd like to see him go the prep school route so Archie can see how he develops before committing to 4 years of this guy.

hope you sensed my sarcasm. And I don't knock Tim Priller for staying at IU at the end of the bench and watching games, and getting a free degree. I would have done the same if I were Tim Priller. It's all part of the CTC legacy.

he wasn’t a mockery for what you described

he was a mockery for being a dancing clown

he epitomized the Crean years

This kid is not a project. We tend to take some kids and then jump up and tag the kid a project if he doesn’t pass our expectations. This kid is not projected to be 7’ he is. Yes the snapshots of recruiting film show all good points. His skill shall be better with weight and muscle in the BIG. If we can get him, do it. Don’t let a Whisky get him.

Young man seems to know what to do with the basketball when he's down low. Doesn't seem to be fumble-footed at all, nice footwork and agility. Also seems to have an outside shot.

Put me in the all-in column. Been a long time since we've had some real height in the paint.

Wouldn't this kid and Mason Miller be a great tandem get?

Young man seems to know what to do with the basketball when he's down low. Doesn't seem to be fumble-footed at all, nice footwork and agility. Also seems to have an outside shot.

Put me in the all-in column. Been a long time since we've had some real height in the paint.

Wouldn't this kid and Mason Miller be a great tandem get?

I'll take this kid and Kaufman. Him and about anyone would be a great tandem in my book!

Reactions: Lillyr66

It’d be interesting to hear why he isn’t ranked? Did he grow quickly recently? Does he not play AAU? Just watching his highlight film, I would have assumed easily top 100.

Also...if you read the article linked within the thread on IUs interest...it mentions that Louisville got a commitment from a guard not named Mohammed. Hope that helps our cause.

It’d be interesting to hear why he isn’t ranked? Did he grow quickly recently? Does he not play AAU? Just watching his highlight film, I would have assumed easily top 100.

Also...if you read the article linked within the thread on IUs interest...it mentions that Louisville got a commitment from a guard not named Mohammed. Hope that helps our cause.
Aminu isn’t a point guard. That commitment won’t affect his recruitment.

Wow Cody like foot work and moves...would love to have him.

Actually the thought that came to mind was "this must be what Kirk Haston looked like in HS". I remember him being a total unknown when he was recruited and was a total afterthought until rumors started to leak about his play in practice during his redhsirt freshman year. Kid looks good and if we could get him on campus this fall, seems like it would be a great move at this point.

Last edited:
Anybody remember that Tim Priller dunk?
Came down the middle (as I recall) and slammed it home. Crowd went crazy

I really liked his offensive moves in the highlight tape.

He used both hands, he shot faked, had a nice touch around the hoop.

Still, no majors are recruiting him and TOS is saying he's beyond horrible defensively because he has horrible balance and is extremely slow.

He's basically a giraffe.

Still for an end of the bench guy you can't teach that height. He's a great student and he does have good potential offensively. He's more than likely another Moore but big guys develop late.

Andrew Smith was an unranked project like this kid and turned into a solid starter.

It ain't the worst idea.

Fpaw wouldn’t approve. No five star no dice. Fpaw thinks IU should have 14 five stars on the roster.
Well I’d prefer 5 stars over 3 or 0 stars. That’s kind of the name of the game. Having the most talent is kind of important.

Well I’d prefer 5 stars over 3 or 0 stars. That’s kind of the name of the game. Having the most talent is kind of important.
Having talent is important.

Believing you MUST have all 5 stars - which all turn pro after a year and leave you perpetually young - is the issue with your recruiting philosophy.

Having talent is important.

Believing you MUST have all 5 stars - which all turn pro after a year and leave you perpetually young - is the issue with your recruiting philosophy.
Not at all. They don’t have to all be 5 stars. Preferably most in the top 60 or 80. You don’t win titles with predominantly sub top 100 recruits.

But wait . . . We had a BUNCH of 4 Star players - remember?
I’m talking about winning big.

We had the talent to finish top 5 in the Big Ten and we finished 11th. We didn’t have the talent to win big.

This really isn’t hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT