ADVERTISEMENT

IU is Recruiting 7-Footer for 2020 Class (Brandon Lieb)

I’m talking about winning big.

We had the talent to finish top 5 in the Big Ten and we finished 11th. We didn’t have the talent to win big.

This really isn’t hard.

Seriously? Did you watch any games? We had no consistent backcourt shooting. Worst 3 pt shooting team in the conference, in the era of the 3 ball. Struggling to see how that equates to top tier finish in any conference.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
that was the Pritch bitch dunk....caused Buckner to start speaking in tongues on the air (can I still say that now in this woke world?)

I don't remember Tim Priller EVER dunking a ball in a game.

And poor Bobby Capo...17500 in the gym and he's the only one who didn't see what all the fuss was about
He said Tim Priller not Pritch

Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
Seriously? Did you watch any games? We had no consistent backcourt shooting. Worst 3 pt shooting team in the conference, in the era of the 3 ball. Struggling to see how that equates to top tier finish in any conference.
We had more talent per the recruiting rankings than all but 3-4 teams. And we finished 11th.

We had more talent per the recruiting rankings than all but 3-4 teams. And we finished 11th.
I've seen multiple posts from you claiming that CAM's recruiting efforts are landing players ranked too low for your lofty standards. Now you say we have a plethora of talent basked on those same rankings. So which is it?

I've seen multiple posts from you claiming that CAM's recruiting efforts are landing players ranked too low for your lofty standards. Now you say we have a plethora of talent basked on those same rankings. So which is it?
My standards aren’t to just finish top 5 in the Big Ten. He’s recruiting well enough to do that every year but he’s not recruiting good enough to make tournament runs.

How can I make this any simpler for you?

Any objective recruiting measure shows that we did.
200.gif

I know...that's why I posted it...I think he's remembering the Pritch dunk but thinking that was Priller.

Please realize that fpeaugh is not an IU fan. He has been dogging IU on every post he makes. I Believe fpeaugh Stand for “For Purdue” there is no way he is an IU fan and almost everyone on here knows how he is. It is just best to ignore him. No matter what logic you use he sees things in a weird non fan way. I would just ignore him as I stated earlier. Most of us have decided he is not worth the time.

Please realize that fpeaugh is not an IU fan. He has been dogging IU on every post he makes. I Believe fpeaugh Stand for “For Purdue” there is no way he is an IU fan and almost everyone on here knows how he is. It is just best to ignore him. No matter what logic you use he sees things in a weird non fan way. I would just ignore him as I stated earlier. Most of us have decided he is not worth the time.
I stopped taking him seriously long ago. I think he's pretending to be an idiot and sometime what he says is so outrageously stupid it's funny. Or he's really an idiot and I should feel bad for laughing at him. Or not. :D:D:D

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
My standards aren’t to just finish top 5 in the Big Ten. He’s recruiting well enough to do that every year but he’s not recruiting good enough to make tournament runs.

How can I make this any simpler for you?
you didn't say anything about tourney runs. You said we had talent to finish top 5 in conf. I did not see such talent this year. I saw the worst 3 point shooting team in the conf. That's not top 5 talent. Don't think I can make any more simple for you. Stop moving the goal posts like you always do.

you didn't say anything about tourney runs. You said we had talent to finish top 5 in conf. I did not see such talent this year. I saw the worst 3 point shooting team in the conf. That's not top 5 talent. Don't think I can make any more simple for you. Stop moving the goal posts like you always do.
The recruiting rankings are objective and show we were top 3-4.

I stopped taking him seriously long ago. I think he's pretending to be an idiot and sometime what he says is so outrageously stupid it's funny. Or he's really an idiot and I should feel bad for laughing at him. Or not. :D:D:D

He's a purdue fan..., that makes your last observation about him rather redundant...;):D

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing
Nice job hijacking and derailing yet another thread. You are filling in for Ordfan fairly well.
true that....it gets to the point that I forgot this post was about a 7 footer that IU was looking at. Every post seems to spiral into the abyss where we are no longer debating anything having to do with the original topic. Exhausting and yet boring.

Reactions: MrBing and minneman
I really liked his offensive moves in the highlight tape.

He used both hands, he shot faked, had a nice touch around the hoop.

Still, no majors are recruiting him and TOS is saying he's beyond horrible defensively because he has horrible balance and is extremely slow.

He's basically a giraffe.

Still for an end of the bench guy you can't teach that height. He's a great student and he does have good potential offensively. He's more than likely another Moore but big guys develop late.

Andrew Smith was an unranked project like this kid and turned into a solid starter.

It ain't the worst idea.

Tim Priller, Jeremiah April, Tijan Jobe and Bawa Muniru approve of this post.

Reactions: Kelly_32 and Lucy01
The recruiting rankings are objective and show we were top 3-4.

But before the season you said the roster was the worst in decades, recruiting was dead and the program was a dumpster fire.

We were going to drop significantly with the losses of Romeo and Juwan.

Fast forward a year and now we had a top 4 roster?

You need to keep your trolls straight.

But before the season you said the roster was the worst in decades, recruiting was dead and the program was a dumpster fire.

We were going to drop significantly with the losses of Romeo and Juwan.

Fast forward a year and now we had a top 4 roster?

You need to keep your trolls straight.
Never said that. Quote where I said it was the worst roster in decades.

Never said that. Quote where I said it was the worst roster in decades.
You have 72 posts calling IU basketball, coaching or recruiting a "dumpster fire." Including this one:

Our recruiting should concern even the blindest of fans. It’s a disaster. The on the court part is very encouraging. Kids seem to be buying in and improving. But the recruiting is a full on dumpster fire right now. It will ultimately be Archie’s downfall if he doesn’t fix it.

You're a real dunce.

Brandon Lieb is not rated, but his highlight video definitely shows potential.

Highlight Video at bottom of page

I like it, you could argue its a highlight reel and what is the level of competition. Inside game might not translate immediately, but you can't fake shooting three's and against any level of competition, if you are 7 foot and can hit it, you've got game

His offensive skills are good, it would be nice to see how good he can be if he puts on some weight and plays against tougher competition! The only thing I dont like after watching his highlights is he doesnt like to pass the ball. He’d rather go for the close shot in between 2-3 defenders than pass to the wide open wing player! Saw that numerous times in the video!

That's probably just a level of competition thing, I mean if you feel like you can score easily, should you not do that for your team to win? Your point is valid though, he's probably lacking much of a passing game and that is a big deal at the next level

That's probably just a level of competition thing, I mean if you feel like you can score easily, should you not do that for your team to win? Your point is valid though, he's probably lacking much of a passing game and that is a big deal at the next level
He won’t be coming to IU!

Amazing how a little contact, that was initiated by the kids camp, gets traction on message boards nowadays.
And why hasn’t he committed? Just gives the talking heads something to talk about.

Just committed to Illinois. Can’t wait till he drops 20 on our 6”8 guys.

No worries... Unless they put him on steroids and he picks up 45 pounds of muscle (with 25 of it in his legs) he won't be dropping 20 on anybody in the Big Ten...

He is probably a great kid but at the moment he looks damn near anorexic in terms of having a Big Ten body...

Get the OK. St. guy especially if he can play now. I would of liked both. I think Lieb following the Race route and being a 2020 RS would of been good but if a 2021 guy can be had that is fine.

Get the OK. St. guy especially if he can play now. I would of liked both. I think Lieb following the Race route and being a 2020 RS would of been good but if a 2021 guy can be had that is fine.
Oklahoma State guy?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT