ADVERTISEMENT

IU is going to the elite 8 this year

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
This team is about rip through the big ten on its way to a 1st-3rd place finish. While the league will be as skilled and talented as it has ever been, IU will field its best team since the Cuse debacle.

IU has the rare mix of NBA talent and upperclassman leadership. The latter of the two, being some of the best seniors IU has seen, again since Hulls Watford Vic. Aljami is the perfect senior and someone that will be a huge piece to this team. Al is not fast, not a great athlete, and wasn't born with god given gifts like Justin Smith. However, this guy has a work ethic that is second to none. I have read stories through out his time at IU that his commitment to the weight room and off the court work is jaw dropping. I saw him change that scrawny body into a well oiled machine. His busted shot into one that this year will be above 40% from the arc. His leadership this year is going to fuel the team.

Excited to watch this team, I am bullish. I love to put my money where my mouth is. Anybody out there wanna take my elite 8 bet? I promise Vegas would scream at you to take the bet!

This team is about rip through the big ten on its way to a 1st-3rd place finish. While the league will be as skilled and talented as it has ever been, IU will field its best team since the Cuse debacle.

IU has the rare mix of NBA talent and upperclassman leadership. The latter of the two, being some of the best seniors IU has seen, again since Hulls Watford Vic. Aljami is the perfect senior and someone that will be a huge piece to this team. Al is not fast, not a great athlete, and wasn't born with god given gifts like Justin Smith. However, this guy has a work ethic that is second to none. I have read stories through out his time at IU that his commitment to the weight room and off the court work is jaw dropping. I saw him change that scrawny body into a well oiled machine. His busted shot into one that this year will be above 40% from the arc. His leadership this year is going to fuel the team.

Excited to watch this team, I am bullish. I love to put my money where my mouth is. Anybody out there wanna take my elite 8 bet? I promise Vegas would scream at you to take the bet!

No wager(s). But, I would kindly ask what dispensary you patronize because they clearly are selling some good shit....

McHoop

I agree this could be (should be?) a very special year, but I think it all depends on how much this team believes in itself, which I think has been the major obstacle of all the CAM teams so far. I remember reading that going to NC St and beating them gave that team the confidence it needed to realize how good they could be and beat UK later in the year, and this squad needs a dose of that confidence. Being in NC, I'm really hoping they get to play in Asheville, and face UNC. That could be that kind of confidence instilling game, not to mention I'd love to notch another win vs UNC. When I moved here, IU had them 5-3 in NCs and they've closed that up, but I think we still own an 9-6 overall record, and I'd love to see us add to that.

Of course, this doesn't even take in to account a likely threat to the season: Covid. I think it will take a minor miracle to get through a season and even play a postseason.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
I agree this could be (should be?) a very special year, but I think it all depends on how much this team believes in itself, which I think has been the major obstacle of all the CAM teams so far. I remember reading that going to NC St and beating them gave that team the confidence it needed to realize how good they could be and beat UK later in the year, and this squad needs a dose of that confidence. Being in NC, I'm really hoping they get to play in Asheville, and face UNC. That could be that kind of confidence instilling game, not to mention I'd love to notch another win vs UNC. When I moved here, IU had them 5-3 in NCs and they've closed that up, but I think we still own an 9-6 overall record, and I'd love to see us add to that.

Of course, this doesn't even take in to account a likely threat to the season: Covid. I think it will take a minor miracle to get through a season and even play a postseason.

im hoping Covid doesn’t spike again. As crazy as it is I am a bit more confident it will happen. America is cool with a thousand people a day dying at this point. So it will happen unless we see a big spike.

Defense is what I’m worried about. I think the offense will be ok and probably better. We have the length and quickness to be lockdown. Hope we get some toughness.

Defense is what I’m worried about. I think the offense will be ok and probably better. We have the length and quickness to be lockdown. Hope we get some toughness.
Another area where brunk and al will be key. Probably 2 hardest workers on the team, both seniors. Push everyone on giving 100 on d.

I think top half of the Big 10 is a far more realistic result. Way too many “what if’s“ to reliably predict an Elite 8 appearance.

I'll take the bet...if you'll wager with a Boiler. How about $100?

Reactions: Deli owl
I'll take the bet...if you'll wager with a Boiler. How about $100?

My only thing is I like to wager with people that I have at least seen post. Last wager I made on here I gave a guy 100-1 Romeo would go pro for 50 bucks. I would have paid him 5k if he stayed, never saw the 50 bucks. No anyone here you can PayPal the money to (obviously I will too)
and they will pay the winner after the season?

My only thing is I like to wager with people that I have at least seen post. Last wager I made on here I gave a guy 100-1 Romeo would go pro for 50 bucks. I would have paid him 5k if he stayed, never saw the 50 bucks. No anyone here you can PayPal the money to (obviously I will too)
and they will pay the winner after the season?

Man that sucks that dude didn't pay up...super weak sauce.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone here we can PayPal with. Maybe Courtsense will vouch for me (kidding).

We'd just have to do the honor system bro. I pay up when I lose and expect to get paid when I win.

Idk ..If I'd get that giddy over this team yet....
I do think they'll be pretty good though.
Will games have fans ? If they do ..Will it be like half capacity ? Or even less than that ?
That will effect games....A mature older team..Imo would benefit..

I'd take that bet, as I don't think there's much of a chance we go that high. BUT, that would put me in a position where I'd be rooting AGAINST my beloved Hoosiers. I'm not FPoo. I won't root against my team. So no... I'll pass.

Let’s hope. Go Hoosiers!!!!!!

Reactions: kkott

I would never bet against IU. But having said they have what? One returning double digit scorer, one or zero all conference players? Zero proven outside shooting? Two players over 6'8"?

Maybe you were just trying to get some discussion going.

I would never bet against IU. But having said they have what? One returning double digit scorer, one or zero all conference players? Zero proven outside shooting? Two players over 6'8"?

Maybe you were just trying to get some discussion going.

brunk is 7’5 350, so we got a big dude if we need him. Race and TJD will be one of the best frontlines in the country. Not many big teams in modern day ball. If we get in trouble brunkanator can give them all they want.

jerome shot close to 50% has last 9-10 games from three. Gonna be aweapon this year. Al has proven himself, rob might not play if he can’t shoot this year. All the younger hungry talent is gonna push him to be better or he is gonna see a lot of pine.

franklin is a wild card, he wants to play and is most defineltey a big ten player, he could be a 20 minute + guy.

Man that sucks that dude didn't pay up...super weak sauce.

Unfortunately I don't know anyone here we can PayPal with. Maybe Courtsense will vouch for me (kidding).

We'd just have to do the honor system bro. I pay up when I lose and expect to get paid when I win.

I don't recall if I should or should not vouch for you.

I do have forum wager advice though...forget money, you aren't going to get it.

My internet wagers are always set up that the loser has to reply and agree agree with everything i post for one full week. I am 6 - 0 but It has been awhile though.

You're on. Chance to win your money back from the Crean debacle.

Reactions: Cavanagh
tenor.gif

I think it would be wrong to fuel your addiction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT