ADVERTISEMENT

IU is definitely leading for Romeo

Kansas and North Carolina will be factors, but Archie is going all in. That's why he was down there to watch Romeo's workout today.

Reactions: birdforbogey
http://www.insidethehall.com/2017/0...amed-in-alleged-fraud-and-corruption-scandal/

Feel bad for Louisville fans. I hate Louisville as much as anyone, because they have a super corrupt program. Pitino is likely gone within the week.
I don't feel bad for the fans. They know what kind of program Pitino is running. If Indiana's coach was even rumored to be operating like he has, our fans wouldn't come to the games. Louisville fans go the next step and defend him.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Besides that, he was gone as soon as it came out... and I don't remember IU fans clamoring for his stay.
No he wasn't. It took months for IU to push him out after they found out he was again violating the rules he swore he wouldn't.

I don't feel bad for the fans. They know what kind of program Pitino is running. If Indiana's coach was even rumored to be operating like he has, our fans wouldn't come to the games. Louisville fans go the next step and defend him.
I was at the IU/Wisconsin game back in 08 when scandal first broke. There was quite a dreary atmosphere in the Hall. When Samscum was announced I don't remember many hands clapping. So you are right. We don't put up with this garbage.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
Let's be honest, he was on NCAA imposed probation while at Oklahoma and IU hired him still with that baggage. Regardless if its legal now it wasn't then. Don't sugar coat it!

I was at the IU/Wisconsin game back in 08 when scandal first broke. There was quite a dreary atmosphere in the Hall. When Samscum was announced I don't remember many hands clapping. So you are right. We don't put up with this garbage.
Do you remember the Michigan State game that year? They were a top 15 team and we beat them at home by 20+. The entire crowd gave him a standing ovation afterwards and even chanted "Kel-vin Samp-son" as he walked off the court. I was there. If memory serves me correctly this was either the day the news broke or within the week after it broke.

That said, the accusations today aren't even in the same ballpark as what Sampson did. Not even close. But IU fans definitely overlooked the allegations that night.

Reactions: Hoogolf
How did you pull "IU definitely leads for Romeo" out of your butt from any of the articles on there?
Well, Louisville and IU were the percieved leaders so removing Louisville seems to make IU the clear leader, unless you're a rogue sports writer on twitter

Well, Louisville and IU were the percieved leaders so removing Louisville seems to make IU the clear leader, unless you're a rogue sports writer on twitter
Agreed. If Kansas wins Romeo, IU was never really an option.

Besides that, he was gone as soon as it came out... and I don't remember IU fans clamoring for his stay.

That is not accurate. It took a few months actually to manage due process and pull the trigger on him. The situation could easily have become litigious, drawn out and costly so they had to be catpreful. The actual rules violations were technically pretty minor, it was the repeat offender aspect that set the stage, The.real damage was some of the players, their grades, and other activities. Kelvin and staff were the antithesis of what IU BB stood for.

But you are right there was not a lot of "free Kelvin" sentiment during the process. A few hundred clueless students clapped his name one game and it has become the very foundation of New Pal Boilers self esteem.

Don't kid yourself.
There are plenty of IU fans who wouldn't have a problem with doing whatever it takes to win big.(even some on this board)

What makes you think Kansas is leading for Romeo?

One reason is that Archie was also an assistant at Arizona with Book Richardson, the guy facing possible prison time for this scandal. Did he have any idea what was going on all those 11 years under Sean Miller, who knows. If you were his parent and it meant he might be going to a coach that could be under investigation once these coaches start flipping on their colleagues to shorten their prison sentences, would you send your son to play for him?

Do you remember the Michigan State game that year? They were a top 15 team and we beat them at home by 20+. The entire crowd gave him a standing ovation afterwards and even chanted "Kel-vin Samp-son" as he walked off the court. I was there. If memory serves me correctly this was either the day the news broke or within the week after it broke.

That said, the accusations today aren't even in the same ballpark as what Sampson did. Not even close. But IU fans definitely overlooked the allegations that night.

I was in the student section that game, which is where the chant began. Boiler fans in this thread are desperate to parallel cash bribes and phone calls which is dumb, as dumb as Sampson using phone calls as a competitive advantage. Cash bribes to recruits and family members vs a defunct rule about phone calls isnt in the same ballpark. It was embarrassing as a fan base to chant Sampson's name at the time but it just is not comparative to what this report shows.

I'm also hoping Addidas didnt go to Kenny Johnson to get Vonleh.

That is not accurate. It took a few months actually to manage due process and pull the trigger on him. The situation could easily have become litigious, drawn out and costly so they had to be catpreful. The actual rules violations were technically pretty minor, it was the repeat offender aspect that set the stage, The.real damage was some of the players, their grades, and other activities. Kelvin and staff were the antithesis of what IU BB stood for.

But you are right there was not a lot of "free Kelvin" sentiment during the process. A few hundred clueless students clapped his name one game and it has become the very foundation of New Pal Boilers self esteem.
This is simply incorrect in that it didn’t take months to manage the due process aspects of the matter. Sampson was contractually bound to follow the rules and he was caught not doing so for the second time (at IU). They waited because they were at the beginning of the season and they didn’t want to disrupt it. The notion that it was a due process issue is completely false.

Reactions: fpeaugh
I was in the student section that game, which is where the chant began. Boiler fans in this thread are desperate to parallel cash bribes and phone calls which is dumb, as dumb as Sampson using phone calls as a competitive advantage. Cash bribes to recruits and family members vs a defunct rule about phone calls isnt in the same ballpark. It was embarrassing as a fan base to chant Sampson's name at the time but it just is not comparative to what this report shows.

I'm also hoping Addidas didnt go to Kenny Johnson to get Vonleh.

I was at the Wisconsin game as well,as the MSU and PU games that followed. Some, not all of the 8,000 student section chanted his name at the MSU and PU games. I assure you the entire crowd did not. Hell, he was booed before the game. To be fair and in context. most fans did not know at that time what all was happening and how much was accurate. We knew there were potential NCAA violations. We certainly did not know the gravity of the roster situation. Senderoff had been dismissed in Oct and most thought he was the issue until new allegations surfaced publicly late in the season.

IIRC Sampson's contract made immediate suspension during an investigation difficult/risky. In the end There were a lot of national reporters and pundits critical of IU for being too hasty in dismissing Sampson. I don't agree with that at all, they did what was necessary/ ethical to minimize the possibility of a very likely, ugly, and drawn out wrongful termination suit.

I was at the Wisconsin game as well,as the MSU and PU games that followed. Some, not all of the 8,000 student section chanted his name at the MSU and PU games. I assure you the entire crowd did not. Hell, he was booed before the game. To be fair and in context. most fans did not know at that time what all was happening and how much was accurate. We knew there were potential NCAA violations. We certainly did not know the gravity of the roster situation. Senderoff had been dismissed in Oct and most thought he was the issue until new allegations surfaced publicly late in the season.

IIRC Sampson's contract made immediate suspension during an investigation difficult/risky. In the end There were a lot of national reporters and pundits critical of IU for being too hasty in dismissing Sampson. I don't agree with that at all, they did what was necessary/ ethical to minimize the possibility of a very likely, ugly, and drawn out wrongful termination suit.
Once again, IU knew in October that Sampson had both broken the rules as well as violated the terms of his contract. The delay in pushing him out had nothing to do with due process.

FRANK KEN-DRICK, clap-clap clap clap clap. Or are you too young to know who Luther Clay is?

And that included vacated wins.

Maybe you should just STFU.
No proof.

Not the head coach.

Wasn't a convicted cheater when we hired him.

No comparison.

Have a great day!!!

One reason is that Archie was also an assistant at Arizona with Book Richardson, the guy facing possible prison time for this scandal. Did he have any idea what was going on all those 11 years under Sean Miller, who knows. If you were his parent and it meant he might be going to a coach that could be under investigation once these coaches start flipping on their colleagues to shorten their prison sentences, would you send your son to play for him?

I read years ago Kansas was dirty so they might not get thru this clean either.

Big difference..Sampson was hired as a cheater even if it's safe now and Frank was already on staff. IU at the time was willing to accept his probation terms and got burnt!

There's no proof regarding Crean or Kenny Johnson while at IU yet you're more than willing to float that.

I pity PU fans. What a miserable distended it must be to always feel so inferior.
If Kenny Johnson is threatened with federal prosecution, he’ll sing the fight song repeatedly to save himself as much as he can. If that includes issues while he was at IU, look out.

IF being the operative word. I know you are desperate for IU to get in trouble but there is nothing to indicate that at this point.
I’m not “desperate” for anything other than the truth, though I highly doubt you share that sentiment with me.

I’m not “desperate” for anything other than the truth, though I highly doubt you share that sentiment with me.
No, you are not desperate for the truth. The truth right now is that multiple scenarios are hypothetically possible, but you won't admit you don't really know what happened. Your Post 34 raises inflammatory speculation about one hypothetical possibility without discussing all the other speculative possibilities which, at this point, have not been ruled out.

Time now for your typical namecalling in response. 3-2-1.

No, you are not desperate for the truth. The truth right now is that multiple scenarios are hypothetically possible, but you won't admit you don't really know what happened. Your Post 34 raises inflammatory speculation about one hypothetical possibility without discussing all the other speculative possibilities which, at this point, have not been ruled out.

Time now for your typical namecalling in response. 3-2-1.
Not sure if you have a point other than to throw a little fit because someone who was employed by IU recently is now implicated in a scandal at another school. If you had any intelligence or intuitiveness, you wouldn’t struggle so much with the possible implications of this matter as it relates to IU.. But you’re the guy who claimed Green, Buckner and Wilkerson were classmates, so I defer to your clear expertise!

I only care about the truth. Why the truth scares you is your problem.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
Crean was clean and known to not 'Play the game'. As it was said today, Indiana can thank their lucky stars for Tom Ctean today. He cleaned up Indiana from Sampson.

Why do you think Kenny bolted for Louisville?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT