ADVERTISEMENT

IU-IOWA Game 2: Iowa wins 5-1to gain the split...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
Iowa has scored all three runs after two outs in both the 1st and 2nd inning, chasing Milto after just 1.2 innings. In the 1st, after two outs, Iowa collecting three singles and a couple of walks for two runs. In the 2nd, after two outs, back-to-back doubles scored the third run. IU has just one hit so far and Hobbie is pitching for IU.

Reactions: snowling
Herrin gave up a homer in the 6th. Iowa's starting pitcher Schanuel has given up just one hit and has struck out 10 through six innings. His pitch count is over 100 but he's still in there, and why not.

Reactions: snowling
IU got an earned run in the 8th against Iowa's bullpen. They are going to have to rally in the 9th.

Iowa's starter totally dominated us in the 2nd game. Hopefully, we can win the series if they get the game in on Sunday.

That was a poor effort. Pitcher's previous career high for Ks was 7 and he equaled that in the first three innings and ended up with 11 or 12. Radio guy said he wasn't exactly sharp either.

On the flip side, in game 1 we faced 35 batters and our pitchers threw 33 first pitch strikes. Wow.

That was a poor effort. Pitcher's previous career high for Ks was 7 and he equaled that in the first three innings and ended up with 11 or 12. Radio guy said he wasn't exactly sharp either.

On the flip side, in game 1 we faced 35 batters and our pitchers threw 33 first pitch strikes. Wow.

Schanuel is a juco guy who hasn't pitched up to his hype until today. He was hyped as all B1G preseason and by D1 baseball.

Sunday's game is cancelled. I wonder how they'll figure this out.

I don't like cancelled conference games, it's a pain. Now it's all about your winning percentage when it comes to conference standings. I've seen it help teams and hurt teams. It really sucks if you're a game short and 13-11 is 8th, you're 12-11 and the team in 8th at 13-11 you hold tie breaker over. Same can be said for 1st. You're a game short and you hold tie breaker.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
ADVERTISEMENT