ADVERTISEMENT

IU hosts Cincinnati midweek

Two hits through six innings is not how you want to start your home opener, but there's still three innings to go.

Reactions: snowling
Santiago walks, Thomas flies out, then a pitching change for IU. RHP Kade Krzysko replaces Manous, whose day is done after 1 1/3 innings pitched and 29 pitches.

Krzysko gets Bumpass to fly out to center for the final out of T7.

Still 6-1 Cincinnati heading into B7.

Haberkorn singles to left, then Mottice walks to advance Haberkorn to second. A sac-fly by McVey puts runners on the corners for Cincinnati with one out.

Mottice steals second, then Rodriguez hits an RBI double to right center to score Haberkorn and advance Mottice to third.

Cincinnati now leading 7-1 with one out in T8

Kaletha walks, advancing Houston to second.

Pinch-hitting for Colby Stratten, Laren Eustace hits an RBI single through the left side to advance Kaletha to second and score Houston.

Cincinnati 8, Indiana 2 with no outs in B8

Miller grounds out to third to put runners in scoring position for Indiana, then Sowers' RBI groundout to shortstop scores Kaletha.

Cincinnati 8, Indiana 3 with two outs in B8

Wow, that was close. Gorski flies out to center, and that ball looked close to being gone. Cincinnati's center and right fielders nearly collided but the right fielder still made the catch.

Cincinnati leads IU 8-3 at the end of the 8th.

I had to run after about 3 innings, but looks like a good old butt kicking. We are now 2-4 against Cincy since 2014. Small sample size, but they certainly seem to have our number.

FINAL: IU drops its home-opener to Cincinnati 8-3. Bearcats with 15 hits to Hoosiers' 5. Indiana moves to 9-3 on the season, will host Pacific for a three-game series this weekend.

Reactions: snowling
I'm glad our new scoreboard wasn't ready yet and was spared from displaying our numbers. Four games out in San Diego and the long trip back and then a one day turnaround, but still........We have some key midweek games down the road and we are certainly going to need better pitching from our midweek staff.

Last edited:
Stayed til the end. Cold, with poor pitching and non-clutch hitting.

Reminded me of that Ranger's Opening Day I'm so used to.

Let's sweep Pacific and get it back on track.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT