ADVERTISEMENT

IU going after USF transfer Michael Durr 6-11 center.....

Tru2Irish

Senior
Aug 2, 2013
Watching a little film, he has some shot blocking ability but seems to struggle to finish in the paint against similar sized defenders. Needs to learn to use the other hand in going up against the d. Didn't know IU had any schollies left. Something coming down the pike?

I take it this means the NAIA hotshot isn't coming. Now that school has wrapped, wouldn't surprise me to see one additional portal announcement soon. We have at least one too many wings to make everyone happy with playing time

holding out hope it is Rob.....thoughts and prayers
yeah I know you do, but after everything that Woody and Fife have said about Phin, I would be shocked if that played out. Unlike you, I'm not a betting man..but if I were, I'd be hedging bets on Hunter. I hope not, I really hoped Jerome would find his way back. And I think he could do well as a wing in a 4 out offense.

yeah I know you do, but after everything that Woody and Fife have said about Phin, I would be shocked if that played out. Unlike you, I'm not a betting man..but if I were, I'd be hedging bets on Hunter. I hope not, I really hoped Jerome would find his way back. And I think he could do well as a wing in a 4 out offense.
I would put the odds at Jerome -300, Galloway +175, Rob +250, Leal +1000

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Yeah, I would like/have liked another big, but I also would like to see us stand pat with the guys who have recommitted and hung in there. Obviously we can't have both, and while I'd feel better about another big vs all the wings/guards we have, I'd probably most hope we'd "dance with the ones we brung" at this point. You change a coach and staff, you're going to have some turnover and I always thought it would be strange as a player to announce you're leaving in the middle of a semester and then still attend classes, but at this point classes are over, so no reason not for someone to announce if they are leaving.

I would put the odds at Jerome -300, Galloway +175, Rob +250, Leal +1000
Sorry, the numbers mean negative is most likely?
Leal and Galloway both said they are staying and I take them at their word (tho they are young and if they change their mind I understand).
I really have no idea. I think/hope Hunter will improve again this off-season. The question to me would be his relationship, as it develops, with Woody.

Leal and Galloway both said they are staying and I take them at their word (tho they are young and if they change their mind I understand).
I really have no idea. I think/hope Hunter will improve again this off-season. The question to me would be his relationship, as it develops, with Woody.
-300 means you have to bet 300 bucks to win $100. + numbers means you bet $100, get that number. So Leal is 10-1 etc.

That being said, I would put someone transferring at -2000.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Galloway and Leal are program players. They aren't leaving. Last year was essentially a wash in terms of eligibility. XJ, Stewart, Phin will all be moving on soon. Plenty of time for Galloway and Leal to improve and be contributors/leaders as upperclassmen.

Yeah, I would like/have liked another big, but I also would like to see us stand pat with the guys who have recommitted and hung in there. Obviously we can't have both, and while I'd feel better about another big vs all the wings/guards we have, I'd probably most hope we'd "dance with the ones we brung" at this point. You change a coach and staff, you're going to have some turnover and I always thought it would be strange as a player to announce you're leaving in the middle of a semester and then still attend classes, but at this point classes are over, so no reason not for someone to announce if they are leaving.
You have to be able to practice and prepare, and your roster has to be built in a way that allows you to do that. I heard MW talk about how pro prep is so much different than college prep because of the frequency of games and the travel requirements imposed by the NBA. Colleges also must work around class schedules, while pros are much More able to practice when they want.

Galloway and Leal are program players. They aren't leaving. Last year was essentially a wash in terms of eligibility. XJ, Stewart, Phin will all be moving on soon. Plenty of time for Galloway and Leal to improve and be contributors/leaders as upperclassmen.
Lander, too. He should’ve waited a year and now he gets that year back, so essentially this coming year will be his freshman season. For that matter, the entire freshmen class, so Geronimo gets a do-over.

Welp,more playing time for Geronimo. Good for him. Good luck,Jerome.
I think Kopp is the one most likely to gobble up those minutes. I need to go watch some video, but I remember him being a great shooter and pretty physical on D too, which will be a big bonus if we're only playing 1 post.

I think Kopp is the one most likely to gobble up those minutes. I need to go watch some video, but I remember him being a great shooter and pretty physical on D too, which will be a big bonus if we're only playing 1 post.
Geronimo should see an uptick in minutes now that Hunter is gone. Hunter and Geronimo originally would have been fighting for backup minutes behind Kopp. Without Hunter, the minutes are there for Geronimo.

I said this some weeks ago. I like the idea of having Galloway and Leal for five years. And this is five years of playing, not a red shirt year. I think they could become very valuable.

ADVERTISEMENT