ADVERTISEMENT

IU finishes last in the Big this season

DHoosier

Senior
May 22, 2002
Sorry but that’s the best I see for this year. When Trace goes pro next year we be even worse. I know you all will blast me. That’s ok. IU is still my team but I have been so disappointed the last few years. And to lose 2 to the pukes will be hard to take.

Sorry but that’s the best I see for this year. When Trace goes pro next year we be even worse. I know you all will blast me. That’s ok. IU is still my team but I have been so disappointed the last few years. And to lose 2 to the pukes will be hard to take.

Last is the best they can do? That doesn’t make sense.

So what would be the WORST you could see for this year?

Reactions: eddy4iu
That’s setting a pretty low bar. I predict we vastly overachieve.

Should we be jumping up and down for joy if this team easily makes the NCAA tournament?

I don’t think so. I expect more out of this team.

That’s setting a pretty low bar. I predict we vastly overachieve.

Should we be jumping up and down for joy if this team easily makes the NCAA tournament?

I don’t think so. I expect more out of this team.
12th...

I've become fond of Bart Torvik over the years and he still has us going 10-10 in conference this year. That sounds facetious in my opinion given the awful regression of Rob and Al. Still think 7-8 wins is more than attainable although still pretty unacceptable at this tenure of Archie's career. As the old adage goes, "Never as good as you think you are" applies the other way around as well. Still think IU is plenty good enough when they put it all together.

I've become fond of Bart Torvik over the years and he still has us going 10-10 in conference this year. That sounds facetious in my opinion given the awful regression of Rob and Al. Still think 7-8 wins is more than attainable although still pretty unacceptable at this tenure of Archie's career. As the old adage goes, "Never as good as you think you are" applies the other way around as well. Still think IU is plenty good enough when they put it all together.

Let's say we over achieve and finish 10-10... Is that acceptable???

Let's say we over achieve and finish 10-10... Is that acceptable???

My expectations were a top 4-5 finish in the B10 and 10-10 likely clumps us mid-pack with a bunch of other teams given the strength of the conference once again. With the exception of Nebraska, juts about every win from here on out qualifies as a Q1 or Q2. Certainly not the result we wanted this year but 10-10 would mean a solid NCAAT berth and seed with a bunch of good wins.

My expectations were a top 4-5 finish in the B10 and 10-10 likely clumps us mid-pack with a bunch of other teams given the strength of the conference once again. With the exception of Nebraska, juts about every win from here on out qualifies as a Q1 or Q2. Certainly not the result we wanted this year but 10-10 would mean a solid NCAAT berth and seed with a bunch of good wins.

My expectations were top 4 so 10-10 is not even close to acceptable. That record or worse and I will be yelling...

NEXT.

The chances of us going 10-10 and still being on the top 4 or 5 are extremely remote, at best. We could be one or the other, but very likely that’s it.

The chances of us going 10-10 and still being on the top 4 or 5 are extremely remote, at best. We could be one or the other, but very likely that’s it.

Agree 10-10 doesn't get us top 4. Likely mid-pick clumped with a bunch of other teams. But with how strong the B10 is this year wouldn't be shocked if the winner had 6 or 7 losses.

I agree. We should definitely be 1-1 right now.... Illinois is good. Didn't expect to win that one... Northwestern is clearly rocking right now... But when I look at the schedule I see long strings of L's

Thanks for sharing the stats page. Love it!

ADVERTISEMENT