ADVERTISEMENT

IU FB NFL Active Roster Report after final roster cuts

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
McFadden and Hendershot made the final cut, today.

From https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/indiana/90728

TeamPlayerPosChart Pos / Chart StringRos. StatusDraft Status
logo_thumb_BUF.gif
Saffold, RodgerOGLG - 1stActive10 02 033
logo_thumb_CAR.gif
Thomas, IanTETE - 1stActive18 04 101
logo_thumb_DAL.gif
Hendershot, PeytonTETE - 3rdActive22 CFA
logo_thumb_NYG.gif
McFadden, MicahILBMLB - 2ndActive22 05 146
logo_thumb_NYJ.gif
Feeney, DanOG/OCLG - 2ndActive17 03 071
logo_thumb_TEN.gif
Westbrook-Ikhine, NickWRSWR - 1stActive20 CFA

Thanks,
That‘s an interesting site.
Looked at some other BT schools and Northwestern has 10 guys in the NFL, Illinois has 15, Iowa 33, MSU 16, Maryland 13, Purdue 12, Nebraska 18 (LOL, as bad as they have been), Rutgers 11, UM 39, OSU 55.

Alabama has at least 2 players on 18 different NFL teams (and they have as many as 5 players on some of those teams) and a total of 64 guys in the league. Not real shocking/suprising but…..damn.

Thanks,
That‘s an interesting site.
Looked at some other BT schools and Northwestern has 10 guys in the NFL, Illinois has 15, Iowa 33, MSU 16, Maryland 13, Purdue 12, Nebraska 18 (LOL, as bad as they have been), Rutgers 11, UM 39, OSU 55.

Alabama has at least 2 players on 18 different NFL teams (and they have as many as 5 players on some of those teams) and a total of 64 guys in the league. Not real shocking/suprising but…..damn.
Proof positive that success in college football is 90% talent. You have to find a way to pull in top-flight kids if you want to compete with the best.

Proof positive that success in college football is 90% talent. You have to find a way to pull in top-flight kids if you want to compete with the best.
I think Wisconsin and Northwestern, in particular, have shown execution excellence (teamwork) can overcome more talented teams with a lessor focus and will to win. But no talent squads have little hope.

I think Wisconsin and Northwestern, in particular, have shown execution excellence (teamwork) can overcome more talented teams with a lessor focus and will to win. But no talent squads have little hope.
I agree, especially in regards to Northwestern . I took a look at Wiscy, on the site you provided, and was surprised to see they have 28 guys in the NFL. I thought they would be more in the MSU (16)/Nebraska (18) range but it could also be that Wisconsin does a rather good job developing guys.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Wisconsin is able to recruit top-tier O-and-D-linemen, as well as some of the nation's top-ranked running backs. I don't think Northwestern is very much above where we are. They are up and down, but have the huge advantage of playing in the West. If you threw Michigan, OSU, and PSU on their schedule every year I don't think their record would ever be any better than ours. I agree that they do a good job of developing players, but Wisky in particular gets better talent than we do, especially up front where it matters most.

Talent and development of said talent is critical.

The question I have is what is our identity? Is there certain position group(s) we excel in developing? I haven't looked at the data but it doesn't feel like we have consistently excelled in any particular position group

Wisconsin is able to recruit top-tier O-and-D-linemen, as well as some of the nation's top-ranked running backs. I don't think Northwestern is very much above where we are. They are up and down, but have the huge advantage of playing in the West. If you threw Michigan, OSU, and PSU on their schedule every year I don't think their record would ever be any better than ours. I agree that they do a good job of developing players, but Wisky in particular gets better talent than we do, especially up front where it matters most.
Wisconsin doesn't get top tier players but coaches them up to top tier players. Only lately have they pulled in a couple to top tier players like Mertz and he hasn't shown it much yet.

Wisconsin doesn't get top tier players but coaches them up to top tier players. Only lately have they pulled in a couple to top tier players like Mertz and he hasn't shown it much yet.
Must be the cheese since Bennet, Ryan, Gard have all done the same in the winters

Reactions: vesuvius13
Saying they don’t get top tier recruits isn’t accurate. They do, just not in the volume that the other top level programs do.

Reactions: kmathum
McFadden and Hendershot made the final cut, today.

From https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/indiana/90728

logo_thumb_BUF.gif
Saffold, RodgerOGLG - 1stActive10 02 033
logo_thumb_CAR.gif
Thomas, IanTETE - 1stActive18 04 101
logo_thumb_DAL.gif
Hendershot, PeytonTETE - 3rdActive22 CFA
logo_thumb_NYG.gif
McFadden, MicahILBMLB - 2ndActive22 05 146
logo_thumb_NYJ.gif
Feeney, DanOG/OCLG - 2ndActive17 03 071
logo_thumb_TEN.gif
Westbrook-Ikhine, NickWRSWR - 1stActive20 CFA

Sudfeld was signed by the Lions to their active roster.

Ryder Anderson (giants), Marcelino Ball (Niners) and Raheem Layne (Chargers) have practice squad deals.

Sudfeld was signed by the Lions to their active roster.

Ryder Anderson (giants), Marcelino Ball (Niners) and Raheem Layne (Chargers) have practice squad deals.

Didn’t see Ball just now (he was later listed at 8 pm) … lots of practice squad additions including Scales.

logo_thumb_BUF.gif
Saffold, RodgerOGLG - 1st Active 10 02 033
logo_thumb_CAR.gif
Thomas, IanTETE - 1st Active 18 04 101
logo_thumb_CIN.gif
Scales, TegrayLBPS - 1st PS 18 CFA
logo_thumb_DAL.gif
Hendershot, PeytonTETE - 3rd Active 22 CFA
logo_thumb_DET.gif
Sudfeld, NateQBQB - 2nd Active 16 06 187
logo_thumb_NYG.gif