ADVERTISEMENT

Iu bball’s jeffries dishes victor, pg, miller and crean

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...a-hoosiers-gets-vote-confidence-ad-fred-glass
The link here throws a wrench into what you allegedly heard. Either you, your sources, or Glass is fibbing. Since you supposedly have the info for both sides of the coin in front of you, who's version isn't what we should believe?

When do you ever hear an AD say "Well, I like the guy, but unless we start winning more, he's out on his ass!" If there are questions about support in the air, the AD ALWAYS has to support the coach or the coach's inability to recruit - based on an appearance of having one foot out the door - will kill the team. NEVER believe an AD when he says he supports a coach. That's what an AD says no matter what he thinks.

Reactions: baileyiu
Basketball is rejuvenated - Archie is The Man.
Football....you can't hire from within and expect to have the same results that perennial bowl powers enjoy.
At some point you have to pony up the money to hire a proven winner, or suffer through another 60 years as one of the worst BCS football teams in a major conference. You get what you pay for.
Pat Fitzgerald and numerous others say hello.

You going to start another 1-11 thread this year?

When do you ever hear an AD say "Well, I like the guy, but unless we start winning more, he's out on his ass!" If there are questions about support in the air, the AD ALWAYS has to support the coach or the coach's inability to recruit - based on an appearance of having one foot out the door - will kill the team. NEVER believe an AD when he says he supports a coach. That's what an AD says no matter what he thinks.
I mostly agree on this but, don't forget the extension still had 5 years left at the time. There was no way Glass's hands were tied by anyone else to not make a move at this point. He was going to hang on to Crean on his own will, to justify the contract.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...a-hoosiers-gets-vote-confidence-ad-fred-glass
The link here throws a wrench into what you allegedly heard. Either you, your sources, or Glass is fibbing. Since you supposedly have the info for both sides of the coin in front of you, who's version isn't what we should believe?

If you understand leadership in situations such as this as well as the the impact on recruiting that his comments have, you would understand that this "throws a wrench" in nothing.

can believe whatever you wish, it matters not to me what some message board troll thinks.

Bingo.

If you understand leadership in situations such as this as well as the the impact on recruiting that his comments have, you would understand that this "throws a wrench" in nothing.

can believe whatever you wish, it matters not to me what some message board troll thinks.
I still think this is Ordfan v47, perhaps with his meds adjusted.

Reactions: Brockway and RBB89

If Glass had any intentions of firing Crean in 2015, he would have avoided any questions and stayed away from the media, much like in 2017 when he was nowhere to be found. Your theory may have some merit, but not for this discussion. As far as you having "inside knowledge", please give specific names, circumstance, date, and reasons of said BOT members who were in favor of keeping Crean. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke as usual.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
If Glass had any intentions of firing Crean in 2015, he would have avoided any questions and stayed away from the media, much like in 2017 when he was nowhere to be found. Your theory may have some merit, but not for this discussion. As far as you having "inside knowledge", please give specific names, circumstance, date, and reasons of said BOT members who were in favor of keeping Crean. Otherwise, you are blowing smoke as usual.

I've got no skin in this game. I have no idea if Glass wanted Crean gone in 2015 but the BOT forced him to keep him, or if Glass was protecting Crean for personal reasons. But I will say this... in EITHER scenario, knowing that Crean wasn't going to be fired, and with the media putting Crean on the hot seat, Glass did what any AD would do. He supported his coach. Glass was nowhere to be found in 2017 because he knew Crean was gone then.

The very limited detail about the restaurant meeting I would provide on an open forum was provided previously. It may have been one of your previous usernames that was sobbing about the issue. Do your own research. Hope that helps.

I've got no skin in this game. I have no idea if Glass wanted Crean gone in 2015 but the BOT forced him to keep him, or if Glass was protecting Crean for personal reasons. But I will say this... in EITHER scenario, knowing that Crean wasn't going to be fired, and with the media putting Crean on the hot seat, Glass did what any AD would do. He supported his coach. Glass was nowhere to be found in 2017 because he knew Crean was gone then.

Correct AD 101

Glass was not going to fire Crean after year 7 was the reason why he was still supporting Crean in the media. Of course two years later things changed as why the backing ended.
The very limited detail about the restaurant meeting I would provide on an open forum was provided previously. It may have been one of your previous usernames that was sobbing about the issue. Do your own research. Hope that helps.
Dodging the questions again I see. You must be Glass's agent, relative or drinking buddy. Damage control at its finest.

You're trying to tell us two BOT members:
A) Talked Glass out of firing Crean in the Spring of 2015.....or
B) Took away his power to do so

Along with the next scenario of a third BOT member in 2017 assisting by either:
C) Overriding the other BOT members.... or
D) Forcing Fred's hand

You haven't been clear on anything that makes any sense nor can you back them up. The most likely answer is D only. In this thread you say Glass tried two years earlier to get rid of Crean, but in this other thread you say it was one year, in post #19. Changing your story makes you unreliable.

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/all-on-crean.159930/

Time to wave the white flag. You are only fooling the other fools. Nobody should be believing anything you have to say. And no, I've never discussed this topic under another username no matter how many times you say it.

Glass was not going to fire Crean after year 7 was the reason why he was still supporting Crean in the media. Of course two years later things changed as why the backing ended.

Dodging the questions again I see. You must be Glass's agent, relative or drinking buddy. Damage control at its finest.

You're trying to tell us two BOT members:
A) Talked Glass out of firing Crean in the Spring of 2015.....or
B) Took away his power to do so

Along with the next scenario of a third BOT member in 2017 assisting by either:
C) Overriding the other BOT members.... or
D) Forcing Fred's hand

You haven't been clear on anything that makes any sense nor can you back them up. The most likely answer is D only. In this thread you say Glass tried two years earlier to get rid of Crean, but in this other thread you say it was one year, in post #19. Changing your story makes you unreliable.

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/all-on-crean.159930/

Time to wave the white flag. You are only fooling the other fools. Nobody should be believing anything you have to say. And no, I've never discussed this topic under another username no matter how many times you say it.

...and yet.

Getting back on topic, Crean's remaining contract at the time was dwindling and I'd guess even he knew it was not going to be extended again. This might have led him to start looking around and may have been what Jeffries was alluding to. So the Alabama and Missouri rumors might be fairly accurate back then.

ADVERTISEMENT