ADVERTISEMENT

IU/Ball State Line of Scrimmage.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
We will have 350 LB Juan Harris against the 276 LB Ball State Center. Ball State has 3 lineman at 300 LBS. But their D-Line is 258, 272, 271 across the line.

Should be a game we win easily in the trenches.

Never like to say easy win with IU, but I do think IU wins and I'm very much hoping the game is such that IU can play a lot of people (including some of the 4-game redshirt FR) and rest up starters, play a lot of back ups and check the box for a win and move on to next game hopefully injury free.

If IU is to have a winning season this game is one IU needs to control from the beginning to the end. Based on last year and the players each team has coming back then IU should win easily but you never know what will happen in college games.

Reactions: h20pls and 76-1
We will have 350 LB Juan Harris against the 276 LB Ball State Center. Ball State has 3 lineman at 300 LBS. But their D-Line is 258, 272, 271 across the line.

Bigger does not always mean better.if you saw some of the offensive and defensive linemen Jimmy Johnson used to have at Miami you would hav wondered how they ever won a game let alone championships.

Bigger does not always mean better.if you saw some of the offensive and defensive linemen Jimmy Johnson used to have at Miami you would hav wondered how they ever won a game let alone championships.

BSU's OL scares me as the wildcard in this game. There are few things more dangerous than an Offensive Line that has real experience working together...

Reactions: vesuvius13

Sorry. I disagree completely. I hope we win but there are too many other aspects than weight. Quickness, experience, coaching schemes, etc. I would like to see a big lead and backups gain experience but the redshirt type freshmen may be better in a game that is close and they help add a victory.

Still early in the game, but Minnesota’s OL is 6’6” 340 avg compared to South Dakota st DL at 6’2” 257 and there has been plenty of pressure on MN QB. Game is scoreless after 1Q to play. Does not seem like Minnesota line is dominating anything despite a big size advantage.

With that said, I like the size IU line has l. However that is not everything. The game is played for a reason.

Still early in the game, but Minnesota’s OL is 6’6” 340 avg compared to South Dakota st DL at 6’2” 257 and there has been plenty of pressure on MN QB. Game is scoreless after 1Q to play. Does not seem like Minnesota line is dominating anything despite a big size advantage.

With that said, I like the size IU line has l. However that is not everything. The game is played for a reason.

Minnesota has big, slow O-Lineman.
IU has big, semi-athletic O-Lineman.

If IU is to have a winning season this game is one IU needs to control from the beginning to the end. Based on last year and the players each team has coming back then IU should win easily but you never know what will happen in college games.

I agree with this sentiment. IU needs to do one of two things here. 1. "Control from beginning to the end." or 2. Absorb a season's most inspired game from their opponent and prevail.

MAC teams will have their game together when they're lining up across from a B1G opponent.

Their kids, everyone of them, a chip on their shoulder...

Reactions: Hoosier009 and 76-1
Stating the obvious here, but if we can run effectively behind that big oline - gonna be tough for BSU - especially in the 2nd half when their DL wears down. Just hold onto the ball!!!

But I fully expect our defense to dominate the game - doubt they get in the end zone, unless late.

Reactions: td75
yep last night minnesota had a huge weight advantage on south Dakota State and south Dakota owned trenches

We can do all the coach speak and talk BSU up to Bama level but the fact is if we cant roll these guys we are going to have a tough time coming up with wins outside of OOC.

We can do all the coach speak and talk BSU up to Bama level but the fact is if we cant roll these guys we are going to have a tough time coming up with wins outside of OOC.

Speaking of Alabama..., they lost to a MAC team at home a few years back because their players didn't take them seriously...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT