ADVERTISEMENT

IU -2.5 vs Maryland. Load up!!!

Wiedersehen

Junior
Jan 6, 2019
The Terps got smoked by Nova and lost to UAB and Davidson. As I said before Harvard, take IU and give the points. Can’t believe it’s only 2.5 right now. I’ll be loading up and looking for alternate lines.

IU 76
MD 58

Reactions: Indyhorn and MrBing
I’m guessing that X is still not playing leaving us thin at pg. How good are there’s?

I’m guessing that X is still not playing leaving us thin at pg. How good are there’s?
Their guards are way better than IU's. I hopw IU can ride their interior again and good a gritty game out of Galloway late while X is on bench with injury or foul trouble. Watch Galloway go for 16-7/-3 blocks. Id agree wit X could run.

Reactions: sglowrider
The Terps got smoked by Nova and lost to UAB and Davidson. As I said before Harvard, take IU and give the points. Can’t believe it’s only 2.5 right now. I’ll be loading up and looking for alternate lines.

IU 76
MD 58
With x I love it. Don’t trust gallo Cupps backcourt till I see something that proves me wrong. Hopefully I see something tonight.

Jahmir Young is going to be very difficult for us to handle, and without X...he could have quite the night. Their interior D is very good, so that will also be an interesting battle. Ware needs to prepare for a physical game similar to the UConn ass kicking. Gloves come off when B1G season starts.

Reactions: BigMobe
Jahmir Young is going to be very difficult for us to handle, and without X...he could have quite the night. Their interior D is very good, so that will also be an interesting battle. Ware needs to prepare for a physical game similar to the UConn ass kicking. Gloves come off when B1G season starts.
one thing to watch for: MR fouls. Having our conference opener at home is a big advantage, and with our frontcourt we should spend quite some time at the foul line. The wildcard is MR, he needs to be better at staying out of foul trouble. Maryland struggles offensively….i could see a blowout, I could also see an ugly lower scoring game where we finally get some breathing room down the stretch, specifically at the foul line.

I’ll say 68-53 IU (with it being close at the half).

Reactions: Wiedersehen
IU would have to make very significant improvements, on both sides of the ball, to blow Maryland out.

Heck, I think they're going to have to defend well, for much longer than they have in any game thus far, just to beat Maryland.

I like our chances to figure out how to win the game...but I doubt the margin is going to be big.

Reactions: hoosier48
any chance Derik Queen is watching tonight ? :)

We haven't shown the ability to blow out anyone yet, and I don't see us starting with MD , who will likely turn this into a half court game. Interior fouls are a concern...but without X....we really don't have a lot of fouls on the perimeter to give away. Hope Cupps eats his wheaties this morning.

Interesting matchup if MM ends up on Scott. He's a junkyard dog-type, very strong, and has recently been hitting some 3s. Tough matchup for anyone on our squad, let alone MM who is still trying to figure out how to play D at this level.

Don't expect to see a lot of fast break points in this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: .Gerdis
Their guards are way better than IU's. I hopw IU can ride their interior again and good a gritty game out of Galloway late while X is on bench with injury or foul trouble. Watch Galloway go for 16-7/-3 blocks. Id agree wit X could run.
7 rebounds from Gallo will nearly double his total for the entire season. MD could really abuse us on the boards. Ware needs to man up tonight, and MR needs to stop the silly fouls. There will be plenty of chances to earn 'real' fouls in this game.

I will not wager unless I know X's status.
smart move.....X can keep Young in check to a degree. Without X...Young is off the leash. Too quick for anyone else on our squad.

If we start racking up interior fouls, does CMW pull out the secret weapon....our amoeba zone defense ?? IU playing a matchup 2/3 in the Hall....never thought I'd see the day.

4 -6 pt win for the Hoosiers..
Indiana in conference isn't beating anyone badly..Maybe they prove me wrong right out the box.
But I gotta see first..

totally forgot about that story line.
Hope the student section doesn't light him up too bad. Him leaving was the best thing for all parties. Just leave it at that and wish the kid good luck...after tonight.
Cheer for him when he is announced. Boo him when he touches the ball?

Galloway is bound to step up at some point. That kid battles and he will find his shot again. I have to hope so anyway

Galloway is bound to step up at some point. That kid battles and he will find his shot again. I have to hope so anyway
It's an odd deal. I agree that you would think the numbers would add up, and he would find the net. People freak out about the lack of shooting but it doesn't happen in a vacuum. Eventually, things should shake out, but Trey always looks uncomfortable shooting the ball. There was a play, I think against Louisville, the ball reversed to him at the top of the key. There was a call somewhere else on the floor and everyone stopped as the ball got to him with nobody in his face. He barely got iron. He shot it like a 50-year-old dude plucked out of the crowd for a halftime shot. Confidence is gone, which is scary for a player at this level. Gabe doesn't look much different. Easily the two most disappointing parts of the offense so far.

Reactions: Indyhorn
No X. Cliche, but next man up. Jamir Young is gonna give us fits, may have to break out that zone again

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT