ADVERTISEMENT

IU -11 vs Rutgers

Neither is IU's. The key IMO will be limiting their run game and having at least the running success IU saw last week. From a passing standpoint RL will need to find his crossing routes and soft corners whil not throwing to Rutgers.

It is going to be raining and the wind howling 35 to 45. I doubt there is going to be much passing even with the wind. Like I said, stop the run and run the ball and don't fumble.

Reactions: 76-1 and ESalum86
RU fan here - We respect the hell out of your team, but I’m not seeing that IU respects us, nor Vegas. We’re 8-2 ATS and won 3 B1G games we weren’t supposed to. Did it with ball control, dominating the LOS, and opportunistic passing. This approach works against comparable athletes but not against the blue bloods. Once Gio took over at QB, we won our three games that weren’t determined in advance. We’ve also improved over the course of the season despite losing our two best defensive players, one of whom returned last week. We were competitive against PSU until their superior athleticism took over. Y’all are not fielding superior athletes to us. I hope your coaches and team dismiss our offense as much as others have. Jerry Kill has been making a living winning ugly for years. Should be a good game.
Not lightly at all. We remember you guys coming back from 25 down. It still hurts when they replay it on BTN as a RU classic. Big Grin!
No true IU fan takes any game for granted. We're not that good. Good luck to you guys and thanks for coming over. We're pretty banged up. We need to win at home. Be totally bummed if we don't.
PS I like RU in BIG. Good addition.
Go Hoosiers!

It is going to be raining and the wind howling 35 to 45. I doubt there is going to be much passing even with the wind. Like I said, stop the run and run the ball and don't fumble.

Sounds like an awesome day for a game. I suspect the women in our group will be enjoying the game at Keystone Xing. Lol.

Gosh I hope it's not that bad weather wise.
But if it is I'm going to it, I'm a die-hard IU fan. I like our chances. We need to create some turnovers in this game. I'm tired of going negative on the turnover margin.

Reactions: ESalum86 and RBB89
Hey can you guys not do this crap on our board? Also, no one is scared of Rutgers. Why would PSU be afraid of Rutgers? Everyone else in the conference already gets the full share of money and is investing while you guys continue to fall behind.
Nobody said PSU was or would be afraid of Rutgers, he was commenting on the impact of recruiting. We could never have a convo on PSU's free board because their mod bands anyone who mildly disagrees with anything, even in normal conversation. OTOH, our mods allow a lot of back and forth. But you merely restated what was already said--we are way behind financially, and it's a mini-miracle that we win any conference games, financially speaking. As far as "not doing this crap" on your board, discussion among fanbases is hardly out of bounds on a free board. Premium boards serve the purpose for which you speak. It was the t-shirt PSU fan who started the talk that a couple of us responded to.

Not lightly at all. We remember you guys coming back from 25 down. It still hurts when they replay it on BTN as a RU classic. Big Grin!
No true IU fan takes any game for granted. We're not that good. Good luck to you guys and thanks for coming over. We're pretty banged up. We need to win at home. Be totally bummed if we don't.
PS I like RU in BIG. Good addition.
Go Hoosiers!
Thanks, @mobilehoosier -- I always root for the Hoosiers except when you play us. I've spent a lot of time in B-town and love it. Though I must say I heard that the Scholars Inn closed down--is this correct? That was my favorite place to write and have a cup of coffee!! Grazie is still there for dinner, so at least there's that.

Reactions: mobilehoosier
We are thankful to be in the B1G, no question about it. And from our own standpoint, we know what we have been and how far we have to go, so you're not exactly bringing deep extrapolations to light with this. Even with our inclusion in the B1G, we received $30mm/year less than everyone else, so the little engine that could is the little engine that has to make up a shit-ton of ground. Even with that you still almost lost to us three years ago, so give it time and your favorite t-shirt school will not be taking Jersey boys from us.

Since you speak from "our standpoint," as you say, what year did you graduate from PSU, and which campus did you attend?

grew up in PA.. got a degree from Ohio State 92, played HS football in Texas.. live in Cali now. Penn State will always take Jersey guys, as will Notre Dame. What makes things tough, is tOSU and UM are feasting on the state. NJ is not Ohio.. it is not a big group think state.. you have tons of people with NJ, NY, and PA ties in the area. When I graduated HS I was living in Ohio.. we were not poor but out of state tuition was quite a bit more.. and I didn't even get into PSU's main campus, I did get into Ohio State (from what I understand, both PSU and OSU are more selective to out of state candidates), I had high test scores but was pretty lazy GPA wise. I was heavily involved in football for an 8 year period, I ran a website call sandiegoballers.com and we had 700+ highlights that we personally built over that period. Some of our kids included Kenny Stills, Tony Jefferson, Natl player of the year Dillon Baxter (72 touchdowns senior year.. threw for 3,000 and ran for 2,000!!) , and a few other NFL players. Had the opportunity to meet many coaches, watched PEnn State game from sidelines, been to Michigan as a guest.. fun time, but 20+ hours of editing tape after working 45-55 at my day job got to be too much after 7+ years. We used to eat lunch all the time with this relentless coach from New Hampshire.. his name was Chip Kelly LOL. We had a kid turn down a scholly from RU.. he didn't know who Rutgers was?!?! Some kids in Cali are just dumb.

I hope the winds aren't that high. We have to throw the ball. We can't depend on the run to win. I am not excited for this type of game, but I will still be there.

According to weather.com it's going to be a high of 59 with a low of 29 on Saturday. The winds are shown at 16 mph and there is a 100% chance of rain.

Not good, but howling winds of 35-40 are not likely. Still doesn't do anything to help the Hoosiers.

According to weather.com it's going to be a high of 59 with a low of 29 on Saturday. The winds are shown at 16 mph and there is a 100% chance of rain.

Not good, but howling winds of 35-40 are not likely. Still doesn't do anything to help the Hoosiers.

Winds will be 15 to 20 sustained with gusts on top of that. The timing of the heaviest rain is still a bit up in the air but with 60 knot winds 3 to 4 thousand feet off the deck any heavier showers or storms could bring 40 to 50 mph gusts. Hopefully that will hold off till after the game or at least late in the game.

edit:
excerpt from afternoon forecast discussion NWS Louisville
Medium range model solutions have continued to come into better
agreement with the timing of the front on Saturday, though the GFS
is about 6-8 hours faster than the Euro solutions. In any case,
gusty rain showers are expected to accompany the front as it
approaches the region on Saturday. Latest Euro and GFS solutions
still show rather meager/marginal pre-frontal instability with less
than 500 J/KG right ahead of the front. There is some question as
to whether any of these storms could become surface based.
Environmental wind field will be very strong with bulk shear values
in excess of 60kts. Current thinking is that the strongest of any
storms that develop could produce damaging winds. A more likely
impact will be simply the gradient winds that are expected. Wind
gusts of 35-45 MPH will be possible across the region which could
result in some non-thunderstorm wind damage reports. Will highlight
this in the upcoming Hazardous Weather Outlook with the afternoon
package. System is expected to push east rapidly with precipitation
ending rather quickly from west to east Saturday night.

Last edited:
Reactions: 76-1
Thanks, @mobilehoosier -- I always root for the Hoosiers except when you play us. I've spent a lot of time in B-town and love it. Though I must say I heard that the Scholars Inn closed down--is this correct? That was my favorite place to write and have a cup of coffee!! Grazie is still there for dinner, so at least there's that.

The downtown Bakehouse location closed, the folks who bought it and the B&B couldn't make it. The Scholar's Inn B&B is still going, with the original owners back in charge. The Bakehouse east of town, by College Mall is still open, that location never changed hands. They did reduce the hours, however, so it's not open into the evening.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
The downtown Bakehouse location closed, the folks who bought it and the B&B couldn't make it. The Scholar's Inn B&B is still going, with the original owners back in charge. The Bakehouse east of town, by College Mall is still open, that location never changed hands. They did reduce the hours, however, so it's not open into the evening.
Well that works better than having shut down. Do you remember the cafe that went IIRC by the name of The Copper Cup? Pretty sure it closed down five years ago or so, but it was a very cool place to get work done, as well.

I have had several very bad experiences at the east side Bakehouse. I would not recommend anyone go there.

I have had several very bad experiences at the east side Bakehouse. I would not recommend anyone go there.

It’s definitely dropped off, I knew the previous manager a bit from going in there. Once he left it changed. Still good for coffee, and if you’re broke like me, day old baked goods. Breads, bagels, etc are all still good.

Was never in the original Copper Cup location. I know they had big plans and hoped to franchise the concept. Was just reading how the coffee shop market. Is saturated.

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Right now it looks like the worst of the weather might be before game time or right at it and then improving conditions with a break in the rain in the second half and winds calling down into the 15 to 20 mph range.

Not trying to discourage anyone from going to the game but want folks to be prepared. Timing has shifted a bit and looks like the front will come in about halftime. Rain for most if not all of the game. Will probably be some breaks in the rain especially in the 4th quarter. Sustained winds of 20 to 30 with gusts to 45. With the front gusts 50 to 60.

Not trying to discourage anyone from going to the game but want folks to be prepared. Timing has shifted a bit and looks like the front will come in about halftime. Rain for most if not all of the game. Will probably be some breaks in the rain especially in the 4th quarter. Sustained winds of 20 to 30 with gusts to 45. With the front gusts 50 to 60.
Not sure where you're getting this tropical storm-like forecast. I just checked the National Weather Service and Accuweather sites. It will probably be raining when the game begins, but rain chances then drop throughout the afternoon. There will be some gusty winds, but likely topping out around 30 mph - - conditions most people have experienced at games. And the temperature should be pretty mild for mid-November - - 60 at game time, dropping through the 50s later.

Not sure where you're getting this tropical storm-like forecast. I just checked the National Weather Service and Accuweather sites. It will probably be raining when the game begins, but rain chances then drop throughout the afternoon. There will be some gusty winds, but likely topping out around 30 mph - - conditions most people have experienced at games. And the temperature should be pretty mild for mid-November - - 60 at game time, dropping through the 50s later.

Certainly not saying the worst conditions will be for the entire game but this has a chance to be far from typical. If the line along the front gets organized before it gets to Bloomington I would not be surprised to see a weather delay. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I came down with a nasty cold yesterday afternoon. I can suffer through some rain, but I was going to stay home if it was going to be colder. I am glad to hear temperatures will be in the upper 50's. I am going, but I am letting my son drive so I can sleep. The rain will end our tailgating which is good since I will feel like crap.

Don't forget to get paper rowels from the restroom unless you want to sit in water.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT