ADVERTISEMENT

It's Thad time right?

I agree, but if it turns into the shitshow most of us expect, they could pull the trigger and get ahead of things. I don't think they will though, I expect they'll tank and try to finally make a good hire. There's really no way to turn this around. The talent is not there, and won't be, nobody would want this roster hanging around. Total rebuild again, unfortunately. I'm not even sure if AM is so much of a bad coach as a horrible recruite, well no, he's a bad coach too ... need to go wash my mouth out, but it's that bad
He’s shown he CAN recruit, but because his coaching has been nothing short of horrendous, now recruiting is in the tank also. We are basically Nebraska now

Urban was about as slimy as a college coach can get. Definitely did not have good cultures at the programs he coached. Great football coach but his programs lacked integrity and character.
Yeah. I know he is slime. But allegedly with his assistant, which they technically suspended him for, he was transparent.

He’s shown he CAN recruit, but because his coaching has been nothing short of horrendous, now recruiting is in the tank also. We are basically Nebraska now
Getting 1 one and done and a bunch of role players that have underperformed is not good recruiting. Franklin is developing, TJD is a good college player, but other than that his claim to fame recruiting wise is Romeo, who he used poorly

Should've been 17 years ago. Herbert destroyed our program the moment he kept Davis and allowed Matta to take the OSU job.
Agree, I think he's our #1 realistic option, plus in his down health years he was still winning at a 20+ game clip regularly ... we could be so unfortunate

Reactions: SRIV94
He thought he could do better. He almost took the WSU job in November as well.
So did we ever learn what happened there? Was this just WSU hoping they could coax Thad out of retirement, or was he actually interested?

I know he turned Georgia down. And I can imagine he saw that as a program with a limited ceiling in SEC play.

Has he publicly expressed any interest in returning to the game?

Should've been 17 years ago. Herbert destroyed our program the moment he kept Davis and allowed Matta to take the OSU job.
You know why Herbert kept Davis don’t you? To make the everyone wins a trophy crowd happy!

So did we ever learn what happened there? Was this just WSU hoping they could coax Thad out of retirement, or was he actually interested?

I know he turned Georgia down. And I can imagine he saw that as a program with a limited ceiling in SEC play.

Has he publicly expressed any interest in returning to the game?
According to Jeff Goodman, he has.

I heard that Urban did alert everyone properly, through the correct channels and hid nothing ... and was used as the scapegoat. When he was suspended, he just said F it.

Ya, a lot of my family and in-laws are Buckeye fans with varying levels of being on the "inside". There's a lot more to this story I think that will probably never come out. It's difficult to make employment decisions based on outside of work behavior to begin with. I think he checked some, if not all, of the boxes when it comes to what you should do when something like this is brought to your attention, and then when they suspended him he just "retired".

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT