ADVERTISEMENT

It's NOT the end of the world

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
This is not the end of the world, according to Christians who study the end of the world

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...ns-who-study-the-end-of-the-world/ar-BB11jYQm

That’s a question you can ask when you have a dad who calls himself an apostolic prophet and leads a prophetic ministry. “No,” said Pierce, who is based in Corinth, Tex. “The Lord’s shown me through 2026, so I know this isn’t the end of time.”

The worldwide upheaval caused by the fast-spreading novel coronavirus pandemic has many people reaching for their Bibles, and some starting to wonder: Could this be a sign of the apocalypse?
[...]
One reason for all these relatively rosy assessments from people who might otherwise be doomsday prophesiers? It might be President Trump’s attitude toward the virus; the president, who is very popular among evangelical Christians, for weeks played down the seriousness of the disease threat. His tone, however, grew markedly more concerned this week.

James Beverley, a professor at Tyndale Seminary in Toronto, said he found in researching his forthcoming book on Trump and Christian prophecy that charismatic and Pentecostal prophets, who normally think the End Times are near, have been less likely to forecast doom during the Trump administration.

“Some are saying that Satan is the source of evils like the virus, but the doom and gloom message is missing. There is such a positive view on Trump and such strong wishes for his reelection that there is deep hope that the virus will die out, a strong economy will return and Trump will defeat the Democratic nominee,” Beverley wrote in an email. “It is stunning how optimistic charismatic prophets are since Trump won in 2016.”​

Barbara Tuchman wrote a very entertaining book about the 14th Century, "A Distant Mirror" which described the surprising outfall of the Bubonic Plagues was that people were generally richer after it concluded because so many people had died it left those that survived a lot of unclaimed resources: like vacant lands, currency, etc. The Black Death is estimated to have killed between 30% to 60% of Europe's population.

Things are going to be shaken up dramatically because of the Coronavirus in ways we can't even imagine at this point. I hope in the future we will be better able to handle pandemics and natural disasters as clearly Trump is in over his head.

Reactions: sdhoosier
This is not the end of the world, according to Christians who study the end of the world

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/t...ns-who-study-the-end-of-the-world/ar-BB11jYQm

That’s a question you can ask when you have a dad who calls himself an apostolic prophet and leads a prophetic ministry. “No,” said Pierce, who is based in Corinth, Tex. “The Lord’s shown me through 2026, so I know this isn’t the end of time.”

The worldwide upheaval caused by the fast-spreading novel coronavirus pandemic has many people reaching for their Bibles, and some starting to wonder: Could this be a sign of the apocalypse?
[...]
One reason for all these relatively rosy assessments from people who might otherwise be doomsday prophesiers? It might be President Trump’s attitude toward the virus; the president, who is very popular among evangelical Christians, for weeks played down the seriousness of the disease threat. His tone, however, grew markedly more concerned this week.

James Beverley, a professor at Tyndale Seminary in Toronto, said he found in researching his forthcoming book on Trump and Christian prophecy that charismatic and Pentecostal prophets, who normally think the End Times are near, have been less likely to forecast doom during the Trump administration.

“Some are saying that Satan is the source of evils like the virus, but the doom and gloom message is missing. There is such a positive view on Trump and such strong wishes for his reelection that there is deep hope that the virus will die out, a strong economy will return and Trump will defeat the Democratic nominee,” Beverley wrote in an email. “It is stunning how optimistic charismatic prophets are since Trump won in 2016.”​

For 1 to 2 million Americans, it likely will be.
Do you really think we are going to have that many deaths because of this virus? If we separate the old folks and then allow everyone else to get the virus then let them get over it then we will be just fine. The elderly are the ones who we have to worry about. I saw an article where Donavan Mitchell who has it said if they had to start a 7 game series tomorrow he could play.

Do you really think we are going to have that many deaths because of this virus? If we separate the old folks and then allow everyone else to get the virus then let them get over it then we will be just fine. The elderly are the ones who we have to worry about. I saw an article where Donavan Mitchell who has it said if they had to start a 7 game series tomorrow he could play.
Seriously? Are you really this naive? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/y...hospitalizations-in-us/ar-BB11nGEB?li=BBnb7Kz

There will quite likely be more than that, and they are revising predictions that it appears to be more serious for young people. Add that to the fact that’s Americans are stupid, see spring break Florida videos, and the fact that we were extremely unprepared, so yes, it’s going to be that bad.

There will quite likely be more than that, and they are revising predictions that it appears to be more serious for young people. Add that to the fact that’s Americans are stupid, see spring break Florida videos, and the fact that we were extremely unprepared, so yes, it’s going to be that bad.

This is where the other hand of the pandemic management strategy a missing -- communication and education to build personal responsibility. Instead, now, we are at the peril of the its all about me world.

Dude it will be bad. It will be real bad. That Spring Break/St. Paddy's Day shit alone is going to spread this thing like wildfire. I think people other than that have been pretty much shutting it down. But there are so many younger people not taking this seriously that it's going to spread among them and on to the rest of the population like wildfire. It's going to get f*Ikin crazy in the US over the next few weeks - in large part because of the young folks blowing this off.

Dude it will be bad. It will be real bad. That Spring Break/St. Paddy's Day shit alone is going to spread this thing like wildfire. I think people other than that have been pretty much shutting it down. But there are so many younger people not taking this seriously that it's going to spread among them and on to the rest of the population like wildfire. It's going to get f*Ikin crazy in the US over the next few weeks - in large part because of the young folks blowing this off.

what do you expect? They deserve their chance at having fun like everyone before them. I’d be the same way if I was that age.

convincing them to drastically change their behavior for a bunch of old people they abhor wasn’t going to be easy

what do you expect? They deserve their chance at having fun like everyone before them. I’d be the same way if I was that age.

convincing them to drastically change their behavior for a bunch of old people they abhor wasn’t going to be easy

Blaming 21 year olds for a failure of adult leadership is dumb.

The Trumpian FL Gov needs to carry this shame.

I am in agreement on the Spring Breakers. Here they are running all over the place and who is it that lives in Florida? Old people.

Is there any data to those who are younger between the ages of 20-50 who were in the hospital to determine if they had other health factors? It would seem that if this disease impacted completely healthy young people like this then it would impact every young person as well. Now the article made the point that some young people walk around with the virus because it hasn't impacted them dramatically. Now this is an issue because if they are infecting others who have medical issues already then they are putting them in harms way.

//projecting

What the Hell did I just watch???
Aw, cmon, it was plain as day.

After 9-11, 200 generals said enough is enough.

They gave the people of Wuhan flu like symptoms from 5G.

They were treated with a "vaccine" that was really the Coronavirus.

That's as far as I got...

Aw, cmon, it was plain as day.

After 9-11, 200 generals said enough is enough.

They gave the people of Wuhan flu like symptoms from 5G.

They were treated with a "vaccine" that was really the Coronavirus.

That's as far as I got...
I heard generals, flu like medicine and god only told me.
At that point I thought it was time to bail.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT