ADVERTISEMENT

It's Mercer....Nt

Hard to take that comment seriously. It’ll be interesting (and fun) to see what happens if he’s wildly successful here. Welcome aboard Coach!

Reactions: 76-1
I think he is a great fit. Was looking at the Wright State web site this morning and his stay was short there but a lot of positives. Wouldn’t mind if he brings the pitching coach along.

Really like the comments in the IU release. Scott Rolen is an important supporter of the program, Fineman and Milto’s comments are encouraging, as were Webb’s

I think he will do very well at IU and have a good long run.

Hard to take that comment seriously. It’ll be interesting (and fun) to see what happens if he’s wildly successful here. Welcome aboard Coach!
I can't remember, but didn't Tracy Smith call IU his dream job? Regardless, I like it that he is a young guy that has strong ties to the state. I wonder if the salary of 250k is just the base salary or the total package.

I can't remember, but didn't Tracy Smith call IU his dream job? Regardless, I like it that he is a young guy that has strong ties to the state. I wonder if the salary of 250k is just the base salary or the total package.
I just saw it in another article that it's his base salary.

I think he is a great fit. Was looking at the Wright State web site this morning and his stay was short there but a lot of positives. Wouldn’t mind if he brings the pitching coach along.

Really like the comments in the IU release. Scott Rolen is an important supporter of the program, Fineman and Milto’s comments are encouraging, as were Webb’s

I think he will do very well at IU and have a good long run.

Wouldn't it be cool if Scott was on the staff?

wonder if he'll retain Bunn as pitching coach?

Read that Coach was big on analytics, don’t know if Coach Bunn is. In any case my guess is he will bring in his own folks, maybe keep Rodeheaver.

Wouldn’t think Rolen wants a job but I expect him to visit frequently.

Would think one of his assistants at Wright State could potentially land the job to replace him there.

Will be interesting to see who is hired to fill his coaching staff.

Could see Bunn being asked to stay by Mercer as a sign of consistency to a young but promising pitching staff. He might also be disappointed he didn’t get the job and be ready to move on.

On paper, Mercer looks like a solid hire. Young guy that should be able to relate do the players since he’s not that much older. I hope he’s so good that Fred needs to double his base salary in a few years. Hopefully, he can convince some quality commitments that Coach Lemonis had to the program to follow him to Bloomington.

Reactions: iulb and 76-1
Tip of the cap to Bligedy who I believe brought up Mercer first...

Good call. Hopefully, Great Hire!

I'll be rooting for him to win and Win Big!

Reactions: Seyton and iulb
Awesome, I love the hire. Let's hope he takes us to the next level, and he does in fact stay here 25 years!!

Reactions: 76-1
From what I have been able to read I like this choice and excited to see what he brings to the table. Glad to see that Fineman and Milto are looking forward to leading next years team with Mercer.

Reactions: iulb and 76-1
Would think one of his assistants at Wright State could potentially land the job to replace him there.

Will be interesting to see who is hired to fill his coaching staff.

Could see Bunn being asked to stay by Mercer as a sign of consistency to a young but promising pitching staff. He might also be disappointed he didn’t get the job and be ready to move on.

On paper, Mercer looks like a solid hire. Young guy that should be able to relate do the players since he’s not that much older. I hope he’s so good that Fred needs to double his base salary in a few years. Hopefully, he can convince some quality commitments that Coach Lemonis had to the program to follow him to Bloomington.
FWIW it looks like Lemonis hasn't hired a pitching coach yet.

If IU does lose Bunn, Sogard (see link above) might well be worth Mercer's consideration--especially if it would help Mercer hold on to some commitments like Avery Short

Reactions: iulb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT