ADVERTISEMENT

It's going to be interesting to follow the IU recruiting efforts staring ASAP...

ODommer

Recruit
Jan 14, 2003
Looking ahead to the 22/23 & 23/24 classes... Will we dive in head first into the pool of the top 150 HS ranked recruits only??? Should we also develop our own comprehensive attempt at the potential transfers and Euro talent, as well???

Looking ahead to the 22/23 & 23/24 classes... Will we dive in head first into the pool of the top 150 HS ranked recruits only??? Should we also develop our own comprehensive attempt at the potential transfers and Euro talent, as well???
Yes Yes and Yes. Dont obsess over "locking down the state". Get the best talent, best character, best student athletes possible.

Agree, AND I would like to get the best player (talent/character) out of Indiana every year.

But only if that player (or players) are the best fit for our team and what it needs.

Making it a priority to “lock down the state” was an understandable reaction to seeing a slew of great players leaving the state. But IU shouldn’t be bringing lesser players on (and, thus, leaving better players off) just because they’re from Indiana.

Our options aren’t — or, at least shouldn’t be seen as — either seeing the Conleys and Harrises of the world bolting the state OR “locking down the state” to the exclusion of better recruits from elsewhere.

We should be hard to beat for the Conleys and Harrises, but not so fixated with in-state players of whatever caliber that there’s little room left over for better recruits elsewhere.

We’re never going to bat 1000 with the elite in-state recruits. But we should definitely have a better batting average than we had for the past 20ish years with the cream of the crop.

If it were me, I'd probably take a few months off. Head to the beach for awhile. Take it easy. The season is a LONG way away.

This is also one of the many reasons I am not a high major D1 coach.

Reactions: Seyton
There is no reason we can't pull a couple of top recruits out of Illinois and Ohio every year... Ya we got Duncomb out of Ohio for next year but Illinois has a ton of talent every year... Illinois can have their picks but there is also other recruits in and around Chicago that we have not gone after for too long... Dane may well teach us how to really shake the bushes on the recruiting trails... Get it done!!!

Reactions: 76-1
I am confident that CMW will have top talent every year! He has a great staff and he will be able to sit down in the living room of a family and be very convincing as to why IU is the place to go and how he has the talent and connections to take him to the next level!! Take that trolling PUKE fans...

I am confident that CMW will have top talent every year! He has a great staff and he will be able to sit down in the living room of a family and be very convincing as to why IU is the place to go and how he has the talent and connections to take him to the next level!! Take that trolling PUKE fans...

that's adorable.

btw, want Purdue fans to stay away or trolling,
try beating them sometime.

There is no reason we can't pull a couple of top recruits out of Illinois and Ohio every year... Ya we got Duncomb out of Ohio for next year but Illinois has a ton of talent every year... Illinois can have their picks but there is also other recruits in and around Chicago that we have not gone after for too long... Dane may well teach us how to really shake the bushes on the recruiting trails... Get it done!!!
recruiting within the CPS system can be an interesting experience. That's all I'm gonna say about it.

Reactions: asindc and 4IUSox2
that's adorable.

btw, want Purdue fans to stay away or trolling,
try beating them sometime.
You know you will be here to troll your big brother regardless. We don't chant Purdue sucks while playing another team so I get your obsessive nature

I think all three coaches have recruit skills. Fife has a forte of defense. What are the strengths of hunter and Yasir?

We need to get back to the point where in-state recruits don't need to be "convinced". Look at the in-state class...select the ones you want and move on.

Reactions: GaslighterinChief
You know you will be here to troll your big brother regardless. We don't chant Purdue sucks while playing another team so I get your obsessive nature
Not true, we turn the table on them and start beating them more than they beat us, and you'll rarely see a PU poster on here.

Purdue fans chant IU Sucks when playing other teams. IU fans never think of Purdue until it’s time to play them.

yeah keep believing that, really buy into . we will be approaching well over 2000 days since IU had more points on the scoreboard against Purdue. How long will that continue? Woody is the guy return to blue blood though. adorable.

yeah keep believing that, really buy into . we will be approaching well over 2000 days since IU had more points on the scoreboard against Purdue. How long will that continue? Woody is the guy return to blue blood though. adorable.
The cool girls use the term ‘adorbs’. Get with the times, lady.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
But only if that player (or players) are the best fit for our team and what it needs.

Making it a priority to “lock down the state” was an understandable reaction to seeing a slew of great players leaving the state. But IU shouldn’t be bringing lesser players on (and, thus, leaving better players off) just because they’re from Indiana.

Our options aren’t — or, at least shouldn’t be seen as — either seeing the Conleys and Harrises of the world bolting the state OR “locking down the state” to the exclusion of better recruits from elsewhere.

We should be hard to beat for the Conleys and Harrises, but not so fixated with in-state players of whatever caliber that there’s little room left over for better recruits elsewhere.

We’re never going to bat 1000 with the elite in-state recruits. But we should definitely have a better batting average than we had for the past 20ish years with the cream of the crop.
My biggest care is that players want to play for Indiana and understand our rivalries. I hVe felt over the years that there was no connection between the players and the school. Woodson and Fife can set an example for their players as they have been through the same battles.

Reactions: 76-1
I’m actually a big fan of Purdue bball bc they don’t make the effort to improve. Yes, they’ve beaten IU recently but we admit our teams have stunk up the junk and keep hiring new coaches to change that. Purdue keeps the same program in place and occasionally have decent teams but when you’re reason for existence is to beat big brother down south it means they’ll never truly be interested in being a powerhouse team. What Purdue needs most is hiring a coach who knows the Heimlich Maneuver.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and hoosier48
I’m actually a big fan of Purdue bball bc they don’t make the effort to improve. Yes, they’ve beaten IU recently but we admit our teams have stunk up the junk and keep hiring new coaches to change that. Purdue keeps the same program in place and occasionally have decent teams but when you’re reason for existence is to beat big brother down south it means they’ll never truly be interested in being a powerhouse team. What Purdue needs most is hiring a coach who knows the Heimlich Maneuver.

So much sense in that post! No effort to improve , great insight simpleton. Youngest team in B10 last year, how did they do? Finish ahead of IU? Won 30 games 4 games ago. Indiana hasn't won 30 games in almost 30 years. Did recruit anybody this past year to "improve" team? Idk couple kids that had no interest in IU in Furst and Kaufman might, might improve Purdue. Your fan base is so f'n delusional and your right there . Good luck with your middle of the pack finish in conference which will be a improvement for IU.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Imagine if Tom Crean were still at IU and expecting to see something different from him next year. There is nothing more delusional that expecting to see something different from Matt Painter in year 17, especially after reality knocks you on your ass with the Mean Green. Plus, you have to have no standards or self respect to keep somebody around that long without consistent NCAA success or a FF.

Reactions: hoosier48
Imagine if Tom Crean were still at IU and expecting to see something different from him next year. There is nothing more delusional that expecting to see something different from Matt Painter in year 17, especially after reality knocks you on your ass with the Mean Green. Plus, you have to have no standards or self respect to keep somebody around that long without consistent NCAA success or a FF.

Talk in the present Jimbobjoe. Purdue has kicked the crap out of IU for what's well going to be over 2000 days since IU last won in this "rivalry"(using that term loosely). IU hasn't made the tourney since who knows when(you guys did win a NIT game though couple of years back, right?). Purdue getting better recruits . Look at the early polls for next year boys? Purdue in many of the top 5. Young team that's just going to get much much better.
I can see why so much optimism here new coach, sure the same thing 5 years ago and also before Clappy. IU will get better but Purdue will hammer you again the next couple of years and will be double digit win streak. Your high standard BS talk is laughable and last 20 years somewhat embarrassing. Stay in the present JImbob and lower your expectations. Middle of the pack a good season for IU and a invite to the tourney much more realistic.

• Haha
Reactions: HoosierJimbo89
Potato sure spouts off a lot given how pu has won no championships ever and been 40 years since their last final four.

If i was a fan of such a putrid program, then i wouldn't be bragging about anything. But to each their own. Keep beating your chest over your mediocrity. That is all pu fans can hang their hat on

Hey asshole. 1980 called. They want your last Final Four back.

Talk in the present Jimbobjoe. Purdue has kicked the crap out of IU for what's well going to be over 2000 days since IU last won in this "rivalry"(using that term loosely). IU hasn't made the tourney since who knows when(you guys did win a NIT game though couple of years back, right?). Purdue getting better recruits . Look at the early polls for next year boys? Purdue in many of the top 5. Young team that's just going to get much much better.
I can see why so much optimism here new coach, sure the same thing 5 years ago and also before Clappy. IU will get better but Purdue will hammer you again the next couple of years and will be double digit win streak. Your high standard BS talk is laughable and last 20 years somewhat embarrassing. Stay in the present JImbob and lower your expectations. Middle of the pack a good season for IU and a invite to the tourney much more realistic.

Yawn. Heard this same bullshit when you jackasses compared Brohm and Allen. Worked out good didn’t it!

So much sense in that post! No effort to improve , great insight simpleton. Youngest team in B10 last year, how did they do? Finish ahead of IU? Won 30 games 4 games ago. Indiana hasn't won 30 games in almost 30 years. Did recruit anybody this past year to "improve" team? Idk couple kids that had no interest in IU in Furst and Kaufman might, might improve Purdue. Your fan base is so f'n delusional and your right there . Good luck with your middle of the pack finish in conference which will be a improvement for IU.

All of that is because of Archie Miller. Who is no longer here.

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
Hey asshole. 1980 called. They want your last Final Four back.
Hey asshole, 1987 called. Blueblood!!!! LMAO off. Delusional fan base. So f'n entertaining.
Make the tournament a priority, umm I mean a high standard of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT