ADVERTISEMENT

It's getting worse and worse.

I'll do my best to describe what I saw at Rural King yesterday. An old rusted out pickup with assorted junk in the bed. Propped up in the back facing out was some sort of what I think was a Halloween yard decoration. A three foot tall emaciated zombie like figure with a sign hanging around his neck stating that he will never wear a mask.
I live in the middle of rabid fans of the president.
Death before dishonor? Whatever.

Trump is 100% responsible for the disjointed and inconsistent response to this. If he said tomorrow I was wrong and everyone should be wearing a mask including myself, all of the red state governors would follow suit almost over night. Just digging the hole deeper with every passing day.

The assertion the protests have anything to do with the increases is silly given most of the biggest protest cities are showing stable or declining coronavirus numbers. Gonna have to let that one go eventually.

The non believers will need this to hit a family member etc which it eventually will at this rate, then hopefully they will come around. You would think the prospect of no NFL, WWE, etc would speed this up.
either social distancing matters or it doesn't. fauci and the experts believe it matters: whether inside or out. the protests as evidenced by thousands of pics on any google image search were not social distancing. 30 states are seeing increases in cases. 30. the public health director for los angeles said that that it's "highly likely" that increases in los angeles are tethered to protests. it defies common sense and what we've learned to claim protesting isn't causing additional cases. protesting didn't adhere to social distancing, irrespective of the protests occurring outside, it's still a problem. that's the same reason beaches are being closed. anyone claiming protests don't contribute are furthering an agenda that contravenes everything fauci and the rest have suggested.

that said i wholeheartedly believe that the lion's share of cases are just young adults being young adults. then pile on with protests, riots, looting, trump rallies, and dolts not wearing masks and you have the grand united states of america.

no more protests, political rallies, wear masks, and close the beaches and bars and we'd look like europe.

either social distancing matters or it doesn't. fauci and the experts believe it matters: whether inside or out. the protests as evidenced by thousands of pics on any google image search were not social distancing. 30 states are seeing increases in cases. 30. the public health director for los angeles said that that it's "highly likely" that increases in los angeles are tethered to protests. it defies common sense and what we've learned to claim protesting isn't causing additional cases.

that said i wholeheartedly believe that the lion's share of cases are just young adults being young adults. then pile on with protests, riots, looting, trump rallies, and dolts not wearing masks and you have the grand united states of america.
Explain Chicago and New York?

Social distancing obviously matters, duh.

Young adults in southern states are operating in accordance with their officials inconsistent messaging. That message is basically it’s no big deal.

Reactions: largemouth

Young adults in southern states are operating in accordance with their officials inconsistent messaging. That message is basically it’s no big deal.
if social distancing matters, and tens of thousands of protestors ignored it, how does it follow that protests didn’t contribute to the spike?

Chicago and New York may have been lower but for the protests. Again the health dir for LA believes protests played a part in their spike.

As for young adults it’s not only southern states. The three largest bars in Saint Louis had to close. Again 30 states are on the rise.

Last edited:
if social distancing matters, and tens of thousands of protestors ignored it, how does it follow that protests didn’t contribute to the spike?

As for young adults it’s not only southern states. The three largest bars in Saint Louis had to close. Again 30 states are on the rise.
Still trying to cherry pick data and blame the left for protests causing the spike.

The protests absolutely did contribute to the spike. Where were the biggest protests? Answer: Chicago and New York. Why are their numbers going down while all Southern cities are spiking?

Nice cherry pick on St. Louis also, I would consider it more southern than northern. If the north had to draft cities, it would be at the bottom of their draft board.

I'll do my best to describe what I saw at Rural King yesterday. An old rusted out pickup with assorted junk in the bed. Propped up in the back facing out was some sort of what I think was a Halloween yard decoration. A three foot tall emaciated zombie like figure with a sign hanging around his neck stating that he will never wear a mask.
I live in the middle of rabid fans of the president.
Death before dishonor? Whatever.
It did it job, his little zombie got you looking and talking. I can't speak for him nor would I do what he did, but if he feels that way he sure is getting his beliefs/opinion across to many.

Reactions: tooold4

Distancing makes a difference, but masks make a much much greater difference. If there's a contrast between the protests and the bars, beaches, and rally people, that may explain it. Then there's the inside vs. outside difference.

Still trying to cherry pick data and blame the left for protests causing the spike.

The protests absolutely did contribute to the spike. Where were the biggest protests? Answer: Chicago and New York. Why are their numbers going down while all Southern cities are spiking?

Nice cherry pick on St. Louis also, I would consider it more southern than northern. If the north had to draft cities, it would be at the bottom of their draft board.
Nah you’re mischaracterizing. I didn’t blame the spike on protests. I said they contributed - in numerous posts.

Distancing makes a difference, but masks make a much much greater difference. If there's a contrast between the protests and the bars, beaches, and rally people, that may explain it. Then there's the inside vs. outside difference.
I’ve seen tens of thousands of protestors screaming without masks. I’m thinking inside/outside might be the biggest factor and explain the problems attending bars. Beaches and protests should be one in the same.

I don’t know. Maybe it’s luck and super spreaders. I really don’t know.

Reactions: UncleMark
i don't think the vast majority of these kids are paying one iota of attention to trump or trying to justify their actions through politics. i think it's summer and they're ignorant, selfish, and invincible; i.e. young. Look at the pics from bars and parties. it's not just masks - they aren't social distancing either. they don't care.

It's difficult to keep track of all of these criticisms of young people these days. They are ignorant, selfish, invincible virtue signalers who don't know how to work hard, have no loyalty to employers, and wallow in entitlement. And yet whenever I meet or work with them, that's never the impression I get. Regardless, I cut young people a break because I made a helluva lot of mistakes when I was young. It's really the oldsters that I think are a more significant problem. They are years past the "grace for mistakes" time in their lives and, honestly, most of the Karens (and Keiths) we see raising hell on this issue are older.

More importantly, we need to get past this idea that any single thing is 100% responsible for our current situation. There are myriad contributing factors to our current state of affairs and each element is either a step towards improving things or worsening them with gradations of significance for each step. Wear a mask when indoors in public = crucial. Wear a mask in a crowd = crucial. Wear a mask outside in a crowd, but social distanced = positive, but less crucial. We allowed this thing to gain momentum early on and because of our lack of seriousness about it allowed it to get out of control. If we had started with leadership that expressed a clear and concise message that recognized the value of masks and practiced what they preached, we might not have generated the negative momentum away from wearing masks that we now see. Unfortunately, when the seed of masking-wearing being part of a hoax is planted and then it's watered and fed in various corners, it's gonna grow little by little. Now we're reaping what has been sewn.

It's difficult to keep track of all of these criticisms of young people these days. They are ignorant, selfish, invincible virtue signalers who don't know how to work hard, have no loyalty to employers, and wallow in entitlement. And yet whenever I meet or work with them, that's never the impression I get. Regardless, I cut young people a break because I made a helluva lot of mistakes when I was young. It's really the oldsters that I think are a more significant problem. They are years past the "grace for mistakes" time in their lives and, honestly, most of the Karens (and Keiths) we see raising hell on this issue are older.

More importantly, we need to get past this idea that any single thing is 100% responsible for our current situation. There are myriad contributing factors to our current state of affairs and each element is either a step towards improving things or worsening them with gradations of significance for each step. Wear a mask when indoors in public = crucial. Wear a mask in a crowd = crucial. Wear a mask outside in a crowd, but social distanced = positive, but less crucial. We allowed this thing to gain momentum early on and because of our lack of seriousness about it allowed it to get out of control. If we had started with leadership that expressed a clear and concise message that recognized the value of masks and practiced what they preached, we might not have generated the negative momentum away from wearing masks that we now see. Unfortunately, when the seed of masking-wearing being part of a hoax is planted and then it's watered and fed in various corners, it's gonna grow little by little. Now we're reaping what has been sewn.
There's a reason bars are being shut down. There's a reason cases are skyrocketing among young people. Check your kids' instagram accounts. they're acting like everything's fine. this isn't an attack on youth; it's what's happening. and believe me i'd have behaved no differently when i was that age.

It did it job, his little zombie got you looking and talking. I can't speak for him nor would I do what he did, but if he feels that way he sure is getting his beliefs/opinion across to many.

No, the message is a bit mixed. Don't wear a mask and you'll end up an emaciated zombie. Wear a mask and avoid such a fate. I didn't stick around for a conversation. But you are correct, he has his rahghts to express whatever foolishness he wants. I took it as a protest against common sense and for the spread of covid -19.
As for his intentions, I doubt the zombie wanted to stimulate any discussion,maybe some blathering of talking points but no discussion.

And of course I could be wrong.

You're probably talking to someone that is science and fact disabled and who is only repeating a talking point created by his cult.

i don't think the vast majority of these kids are paying one iota of attention to trump or trying to justify their actions through politics. i think it's summer and they're ignorant, selfish, and invincible; i.e. young. Look at the pics from bars and parties. it's not just masks - they aren't social distancing either. they don't care.
You are correct, most of the kids will probably vote left if they vote, but I don't think they give two shits. I have an employee who's 19 year old daughter came by wearing an anit-trump shirt, this is the same daughter who has been to Florida 3 times with friends since this started partying on the beach. The first time was during Spring Break when basically everything was shut down. She has no clue, and if you ask her why no Trump she babbles about Covid 19 and racism, neither of which she gives a care in the world about. lol

No, the message is a bit mixed. Don't wear a mask and you'll end up an emaciated zombie. Wear a mask and avoid such a fate. I didn't stick around for a conversation. But you are correct, he has his rahghts to express whatever foolishness he wants. I took it as a protest against common sense and for the spread of covid -19.
As for his intentions, I doubt the zombie wanted to stimulate any discussion,maybe some blathering of talking points but no discussion.

And of course I could be wrong.
The guy driving probably didn't want to have a discussion either, he probably feels like he isn't going to change your mind and visa versa. His so called "foolishness" is probably not foolish in his eyes, just the same as he thinks what you may be doing is foolish it is only in his eyes not yours.

November is a long way away, but these are brutal numbers for an incumbent.

Chicago and New York may have been lower but for the protests. Again the health dir for LA believes protests played a part in their spike.

TV showed only bigger, rowdier protests. The majority, in many places, practiced social distancing. My daughter protested maybe 10 times in NYC. She sent me pictures with EVERYONE wearing masks and with EVERYONE staying several feet away from one another. These were 100% peaceful protests that included drum circles and sing-a-longs. No cops, no violence, no nothing.

TV showed only bigger, rowdier protests. The majority, in many places, practiced social distancing. My daughter protested maybe 10 times in NYC. She sent me pictures with EVERYONE wearing masks and with EVERYONE staying several feet away from one another. These were 100% peaceful protests that included drum circles and sing-a-longs. No cops, no violence, no nothing.
Many wore masks and were distancing. Plus they were outside. Much different than those crowded into bars, restaurants, using public bathrooms. no mask, no distancing. It's pretty simple to understand why the protests are not the main cause of this surge. It's not f**king rocket surgery...

But again, these people are just repeating talking points, and propaganda, there's no actual thought or research or facts going on. The same idiot song all the other parrots are singing.

Cult... and Trump is the pied piper of stupid.

Last edited:
California shut down bars, restraunts, gyms, movie theaters, ect in I believe 19 counties today for three weeks.

They aren't shutting down the beaches yet though, telling people to keep their distance from each other.

Many wore masks and were distancing. Plus they were outside. Much different than those crowded into bars, restaurants, using public bathrooms. no mask, no distancing. It's pretty simple to understand why the protests are not the main cause of this surge. It's not f**king rocket surgery...

But again, these people are just repeating talking points, and propaganda, there's no actual thought or research or facts going on. The same idiot song all the other parrots are singing.

Cult...
I don't see anyone writing "main cause of this surge." I and others have said it has contributed to the spike. Included among "others" is the top health official for LA, and as you know California is among the three states where cases are going crazy. From the Washington Examiner.

Los Angeles County public health director: 'Highly likely' George Floyd protests caused coronavirus spike

Last edited:
I'm sure some of the complainers are good people.
How many people has Trump killed by being the way he is.

How many did he kill when he kissed Xi's ass?
How many has he killed by calling it a hoax?
How many did he kill by slowing and downplaying testing?
How many has he killed by worrying about what his fat orange diaper wearing ass looks like in a mask?

Dangerously incompetent sociopath and possibly a sadist.

You are correct, most of the kids will probably vote left if they vote, but I don't think they give two shits. I have an employee who's 19 year old daughter came by wearing an anit-trump shirt, this is the same daughter who has been to Florida 3 times with friends since this started partying on the beach. The first time was during Spring Break when basically everything was shut down. She has no clue, and if you ask her why no Trump she babbles about Covid 19 and racism, neither of which she gives a care in the world about. lol

That’s funny, I feel the same way about adults who are pro trump and babble on about their Christian values. Values they obviously don’t give a care in the world about. lol

It's at once infuriating and heartbreaking.
The worst is that Trump (a known Howard-Hughes-level germaphobe in the first place) requires his minions and the Secret Service to be tested constantly, tells them they must wear masks when not in camera range and berates staffers when they sneeze or touch their noses in his presence.

Then, he goes in public and encourages all his supporters not to wear masks or get tests and to hate those who do, when Trump is protected and they are not.

The worst is that Trump (a known Howard-Hughes-level germaphobe in the first place) requires his minions and the Secret Service to be tested constantly, tells them they must wear masks when not in camera range and berates staffers when they sneeze or touch their noses in his presence.

Then, he goes in public and encourages all his supporters not to wear masks or get tests and to hate those who do, when Trump is protected and they are not.
He has been harmful. Worse than worthless. Harmful.

So, you're a psychic and a bank teller? Impressive.

You may want to look up Cuomo's comments today.

some of the people on this thread i've learned are a waste of time to engage. they are too closed-minded and unable to even feign objectivity. i've read several articles that many of the protesters may be asymptomatic in light of their age. that's likely why cuomo is bent on getting them tested. Time just had an article that it may still be premature to know the impact of the protests. hopefully it's not much.

This is the case for most protests.

some of the people on this thread i've learned are a waste of time to engage. they are too closed-minded and unable to even feign objectivity. i've read several articles that many of the protesters may be asymptomatic in light of their age. that's likely why cuomo is bent on getting them tested. Time just had an article that it may still be premature to know the impact of the protests. hopefully it's not much.

Locals hate my guts because I am willing to gore oxen on both sides when warranted.

There are right wing sites where behavior is exactly the same. Sheeple with zero ability to think outside of "their" narrative or whatever MSNBC or FOX told them to think.

I find it amusing.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Locals hate my guts because I am willing to gore oxen on both sides when warranted.

There are right wing sites where behavior is exactly the same. Sheeple with zero ability to think outside of "their" narrative or whatever MSNBC or FOX told them to think.

I find it amusing.

:rolleyes:
Nobody hates you. They just think you're kind of an arrogant douche.
I hope that helps (see, we can all play that card). :D

:rolleyes:
Nobody hates you. They just think you're kind of an arrogant douche.
I hope that helps (see, we can all play that card). :D

So some think I am an arrogant douche, but for the exact same reasons as the ones that hate my guts.

I can live with that.

You're bound and determined to blame protests when evidence suggests that in the South, in particular, the combination of GOP Governors opening up early combined with lack of masks and social distancing resulted in spikes being anticipated before anyone heard of Geroge Floyd...

Houston Chronicle May 21

"The updated projection, from PolicyLab at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, found that traffic to non-essential businesses has jumped especially in Texas and Florida, which have moved aggressively to reopen.

In Harris County, the model predicts the outbreak will grow from about 200 new cases per day to more than 2,000 over the next month.

“Some areas—particularly in the South—that have moved more quickly to reopen are showing a higher risk for resurgence,” the researchers wrote in a blog post. “If people in Houston and Palm Beach, Fla., for example, aren’t being cautious with masking in indoor crowded locations and with hygiene and disinfection, local governments may need to intervene again should they lose control of the epidemic.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...one-data-national-study-predicts-15286096.php

And Large protests in CA predated George Floyd, as anti-Newsome open up protests were a fact of life throughout CA throughout the month of May. I don't know if the Floyd protests contributed as much as you claim or not, but parts of CA like the Imperial Valley, Bakersfield, Orange Co, etc weren't exactly Floyd protest hotspots.

On the other hand, those are some pretty heavy GOP areas where the anti-lockdown protests were pretty prevalent. While both groups of protestors had the potential to spread the virus, one group was explicitly protesting against measures designed to limit the virus. So IMHO the people protesting against masks and social distancing as part of their ethos, are a lot more likely to spread the virus worse than people who are more split and generally in favor of masks...

https://www.latimes.com/california/...aded-californias-recent-back-to-work-protests

You're bound and determined to blame protests when evidence suggests that in the South, in particular, the combination of GOP Governors opening up early combined with lack of masks and social distancing resulted in spikes being anticipated before anyone heard of Geroge Floyd...

Houston Chronicle May 21

"The updated projection, from PolicyLab at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, found that traffic to non-essential businesses has jumped especially in Texas and Florida, which have moved aggressively to reopen.

In Harris County, the model predicts the outbreak will grow from about 200 new cases per day to more than 2,000 over the next month.

“Some areas—particularly in the South—that have moved more quickly to reopen are showing a higher risk for resurgence,” the researchers wrote in a blog post. “If people in Houston and Palm Beach, Fla., for example, aren’t being cautious with masking in indoor crowded locations and with hygiene and disinfection, local governments may need to intervene again should they lose control of the epidemic.”

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/ne...one-data-national-study-predicts-15286096.php

And Large protests in CA predated George Floyd, as anti-Newsome open up protests were a fact of life throughout CA throughout the month of May. I don't know if the Floyd protests contributed as much as you claim or not, but parts of CA like the Imperial Valley, Bakersfield, Orange Co, etc weren't exactly Floyd protest hotspots.

On the other hand, those are some pretty heavy GOP areas where the anti-lockdown protests were pretty prevalent. While both groups of protestors had the potential to spread the virus, one group was explicitly protesting against measures designed to limit the virus. So IMHO the people protesting against masks and social distancing as part of their ethos, are a lot more likely to spread the virus worse than people who are more split and generally in favor of masks...

https://www.latimes.com/california/...aded-californias-recent-back-to-work-protests
Protests are A factor.

Cuomo is enacting proactive measures based on the numbers he is seeing throughout the rest of the country, not NYC. That is why NY, NJ and CT are instituting mandatory 14-day curfews for people travelling from most Southern and Western states entering their states.

Just saw where Holcomb is putting some brakes on the move to phase 5 in Indiana. They are readjusting and renaming it phase 4.5, which I think is going to last till the end of July or so. I think we in Indiana are very fortunate that our GOP Governor is not an abject Trump cultist, and was willing to listen to the science...

Reactions: UncleMark
Can someone show me a simple graph showing hospitalizations and deaths, either per day or maybe even a rolling 5 or 7 day graph? For the life of me I can’t seem to find it. I find individual states, and even in the states with spiking cases, death are going down. We all know cases are spiking, and there are a number of reasons for that. Seems like a simple graph showing deaths/day would pop right up.

Reactions: Rockfish1
So some think I am an arrogant douche, but for the exact same reasons as the ones that hate my guts.

I can live with that.
I don’t hate your guts, actually you’re pretty good on the basketball boards!

ADVERTISEMENT