ADVERTISEMENT

It's BUDGET Time!

You are the first Republican to speak 100% honestly about Trump's budget but something tells me you must be trying to make some other point.

All you Republicans grab a gramma or a sick child and head for the cliffs!
Dem Congresspersons already predicting that Trump's budget will kill children. If they weren't totally owned and operated by the media, their credibility would be at the mystical below zero level. This is the worst I've ever seen and getting worse by the day.

Dem Congresspersons already predicting that Trump's budget will kill children. If they weren't totally owned and operated by the media, their credibility would be at the mystical below zero level. This is the worst I've ever seen and getting worse by the day.
So you're a fan of budgets based entirely around fraudulent accounting?

You're right. It's the malnutrition and lack of health care that will actually kill them.

Dem Congresspersons already predicting that Trump's budget will kill children.
The American kids that will lose their health care coverage, or the foreign kids that will get blown up with all the new bombs and stuff?

Double post, because we are somehow talking about the budget in another thread, and I didn't realize it. This is what @RBB89 is referring to. Defenders of this budget proposal absolutely need to address this before they continue in their defense.

Trump's budget proposal includes one really, really, really dumb mistake, and the posters defending it should probably know about it before they continue on that path.

The budget predicts a significant increase in economic growth, up to 3% annually (which itself is very optimistic), spurred by tax cuts. But then, when it adds up how much this growth will increase revenues, it uses the current tax rates, instead of the proposed lower ones. This mistake adds up to over $5 trillion over a decade.

There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of mistake. Either the administration was trying to be blatantly dishonest, or the people in charge of scoring the budget aren't qualified to balance a checkbook.

When the CBO gets their hands on this, some defenders are going to look very, very silly.​

Double post, because we are somehow talking about the budget in another thread, and I didn't realize it. This is what @RBB89 is referring to. Defenders of this budget proposal absolutely need to address this before they continue in their defense.

Trump's budget proposal includes one really, really, really dumb mistake, and the posters defending it should probably know about it before they continue on that path.

The budget predicts a significant increase in economic growth, up to 3% annually (which itself is very optimistic), spurred by tax cuts. But then, when it adds up how much this growth will increase revenues, it uses the current tax rates, instead of the proposed lower ones. This mistake adds up to over $5 trillion over a decade.

There is absolutely no excuse for this kind of mistake. Either the administration was trying to be blatantly dishonest, or the people in charge of scoring the budget aren't qualified to balance a checkbook.

When the CBO gets their hands on this, some defenders are going to look very, very silly.​
I can't find it now, but a story said the budget office said it was intentional. I am sure you can find the story, they claim it offset all their conservative figures elsewhere.

They are not even trying, and people are lapping it up. Lie at will, don't even try to cover it up. The big lie.
It's not uncommon for the CBO to project higher deficits than OMB, but I've never known it to be because of fraudulent accounting. It's usually because of disagreements over projected growth, etc.

It will be fun to watch Trump's supporters scramble after CBO tears this apart.

It's not uncommon for the CBO to project higher deficits than OMB, but I've never known it to be because of fraudulent accounting. It's usually because of disagreements over projected growth, etc.

It will be fun to watch Trump's supporters scramble after CBO tears this apart.
Right, I think most of us agree the growth number is pure fiction, but that is a standard accounting trick. Double-accounting is a flat out lie.

They wanted a businessman to run things...
Clearly these guys have never run a business before... you need to defend the budget and the first thing is ensuring your assumptions are defendable.

Their economic growth numbers projections are simply laughable. If I presented this I would be humiliated in the meeting and on the way to being sacked. It shows I don't know how to run my (line of) business.

They're claiming that the tax reform, that doesn't exist yet, will be revenue neutral so there won't actually be a cut on the revenue side.

What do you think is the key point? I'm only explaining what they claimed about tax revenues.
You missed the point that they used fraudulent accounting. They based their tax revenue projections on current rates, rather than the proposed rates, even though they used the proposed rates as a basis for projected economic growth. They are having their cake and eating it too. Can't do that. One or the other.

Reactions: sglowrider
I have an idea, lets just keep doing what we have been doing since Johnson and let it in it's natural course.

So you're a fan of budgets based entirely around fraudulent accounting?
I didn't say an
You missed the point that they used fraudulent accounting. They based their tax revenue projections on current rates, rather than the proposed rates, even though they used the proposed rates as a basis for projected economic growth. They are having their cake and eating it too. Can't do that. One or the other.

The CBO is fraudulent? Was it fraudulent when it scored Democrat legislation and spending bills? I must have missed the objections from the left claiming fraud.

I didn't say an

The CBO is fraudulent? Was it fraudulent when it scored Democrat legislation and spending bills? I must have missed the objections from the left claiming fraud.
The CBO hasn't scored it. We're talking about the OMB score. OMB scores are always (obviously) partisan and overly optimistic, but the use of fraudulent accounting is a new low.

ADVERTISEMENT