ADVERTISEMENT

It will be very interesting to watch Purdue's class

td75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2003
I look for Purdue's class to really wobble. Brohm can't hide his hand forever and many sources claim it's an already done deal. He apparently is supposed to be introduced as UofL head coach soon after the Bucket game.

I want their class to crumble like a three day old Subway cookie. If he goes to Louisville, bet the farm he takes several verbals with him!!!

Reactions: Andy06
I look for Purdue's class to really wobble. Brohm can't hide his hand forever and many sources claim it's an already done deal. He apparently is supposed to be introduced as UofL head coach soon after the Bucket game.

I want their class to crumble like a three day old Subway cookie. If he goes to Louisville, bet the farm he takes several verbals with him!!!

////Ahhhh... The board did so well ignoring this for a full day... Then you had to bring it up...////

Gotta admit it is interesting.

Louisville has put the pu faithful (read the folk with real $) along with their AD and Mitch in a tough position:,They either open the vaults and give an extraordinary $$$$$$$ raise and ultra long term contract (with unique power written in) to a guy who just got waxed by one of the worst teams in the Big Ten..., OR..., they risk losing the best recruiting class they've had in years (maybe ever), along with 7 or 8 guys currently in their 3 deep; effectively setting their program back two to four years...

My bet is the pu ladies make the no brainer decision and bite the bullet: paying B the ultra big bucks and giving him overall control of all matters involving football...

I think he stays... Set for a lifetime $$$$$$$ for he and his family talks......

Doesn't change much for us, in my opinion, the Bucket game will always be a matter of "who wants it more"; always has been the case and always will be...

Reactions: Rockport Zebra

Hey...Subway cookies are still pretty good after 3 days!

There is a lot of media speculation but I wouldn’t exactly say it’s “sources.”

That said, I can see a good possibility he goes and could get a Milton Wright and Bell to follow down there.

I’ve always wanted to go to Papa John’s Stadium to watch a game. I see Louisville is playing a game there this Saturday at home against NC State. It’s a short drive from Indiana. I think I may just try it....and see how bad the team really is? It’s against NC State.

Reactions: td75
////Ahhhh... The board did so well ignoring this for a full day... Then you had to bring it up...////

Louisville has put the pu faithful (read the folk with real $) along with their AD and Mitch in a tough position:,They either open the vaults and give an extraordinary $$$$$$$ raise and ultra long term contract (with unique power written in) to a guy who just got waxed by one of the worst teams in the Big Ten..., OR..., they risk losing the best recruiting class they've had in years (maybe ever), along with 7 or 8 guys currently in their 3 deep; effectively setting their program back two to four years...

My bet is the pu ladies make the no brainer decision and bite the bullet: paying B the ultra big bucks and giving him overall control of all matters involving football...

I think he stays... Set for a lifetime $$$$$$$ for he and his family talks......

Doesn't change much for us, in my opinion, the Bucket game will always be a matter of "who wants it more"; always has been the case and always will be...
As Bear Bryant famously said, "Mama called". I think UofL is Mamma in this case and Brohm's the child...he gone

Last edited:
Bell hasn’t committed to PU yet! I saw him play Fri night, whoever does land him is getting a possible “playing on sundays” talent. And I won’t change that assessment if he doesn’t come to IU.

But if he does, the Penix to Bell tandem would be a thing of real beauty!

Anything Purdue can offer him monetarily, Lousiville can easily reciprocate. It seems his home is UL and its just a matter of time.

Reactions: coachv jr and iulb
Anything Purdue can offer him monetarily, Lousiville can easily reciprocate. It seems his home is UL and its just a matter of time.

Yep, UL has 50% higher athletic revenue than Purdue. The difference between ULs and Purdue’s annual revenue could pay for Petrinos buyout and the entirety of Brohms contract with Purdue

Yep, UL has 50% higher athletic revenue than Purdue. The difference between ULs and Purdue’s annual revenue could pay for Petrinos buyout and the entirety of Brohms contract with Purdue
2mb9cg.jpg

Every turd in the bowl in Louisville has now been flushed. With Jurich, Pitino, and Petrino now gone the big question is what direction does UL go ? Will it make some attempt to instill integrity and demonstrate a commitment to clean up its act - as it relates to the academic performance and behavior of athletes and coaches. Or will it continue in its historic tradition of looking the other way while recruiting violations, legal issues, and academic indifference are allowed to rule the day. It will be interesting to see if there is really interest in Louisville in changing the athletic culture or if "just win, baby" remains the overriding philosophy.

Count on it, along with 7 or 8 other guys..., plus 17 or 18 of their current recruiting class...

They either pony $$$$$$$ up till it hurts or they are screwed...
I haven't checked their commitment/recruitment list; are they (PU) after a bunch more kids from Kentucky?

P.S.: if UL's releasing not only Petrino but also his son and 2 sons-in-law, do they have enough coaches left to finish out the season? Good grief...

Purdue can't outbid UofL. I live 5 minutes from Louisville. I know a lot about them. They have Corporate sponsors and Booster Donors out the ***. Getting buyout money is a drop in the bucket for them.

Reactions: Fro and iulb
Purdue can't outbid UofL. I live 5 minutes from Louisville. I know a lot about them. They have Corporate sponsors and Booster Donors out the ***. Getting buyout money is a drop in the bucket for them.
IIRC, Pres. Daniels had to be persuaded last time around to up the ante in order to get Brohm; not sure he's interested in going through that routine a 2nd time around.

The reason PU played so poorly yesterday is because
Brohm told the team before the game that he will
be leaving after the bucket game. vbg or not.

Last edited:
I haven't checked their commitment/recruitment list; are they (PU) after a bunch more kids from Kentucky?

P.S.: if UL's releasing not only Petrino but also his son and 2 sons-in-law, do they have enough coaches left to finish out the season? Good grief...

I'm figuring that the TN and OH kids that are really any good will head to wherever B goes... The big DE from West Lafayette probably heads to Michigan and those that stay with pu are just the ones who are lucky to have a Big Ten scholarship offer that B doesn't need or want at Louisville...

As to the Post Script:

I guess they figured they couldn't do any worse if they just let the GA's run things...;) They're having panicked (by firing Petrino this early) actually would seem to work in pu's favor by putting B in the uncomfortable position of either lying his butt off or saying no comment for several weeks and then taking the Louisville job on 12/7/18..., 12 days prior to the early Signing Day...

Should be interesting how it all pans out...

I'm figuring that the TN and OH kids that are really any good will head to wherever B goes... The big DE from West Lafayette probably heads to Michigan and those that stay with pu are just the ones who are lucky to have a Big Ten scholarship offer that B doesn't need or want at Louisville...

As to the Post Script:

I guess they figured they couldn't do any worse if they just let the GA's run things...;) They're having panicked (by firing Petrino this early) actually would seem to work in pu's favor by putting B in the uncomfortable position of either lying his butt off or saying no comment for several weeks and then taking the Louisville job on 12/7/18..., 12 days prior to the early Signing Day...

Should be interesting how it all pans out...
guess it could help IU with C. Williams FWIW

Reactions: 76-1

Actually the best of times for both schools came when they had a coach who stayed at least ten years. Bo and Bill occupy that hallowed position in Bloomington and Jack and Joe adorn the walks in West Lafayette. Not surprising there was never any overlap.

Yeah - if they get in a bidding war, Purdue cannot win that.
In revenues for the athletic department, Louisville sits comfortably at #22 making $122 million annually and ranks only behind Florida State in the ACC. Purdue was last tallied around #46 at $90 million. And, Louisville has a bunch of deep pocket donors.

Every turd in the bowl in Louisville has now been flushed. With Jurich, Pitino, and Petrino now gone the big question is what direction does UL go ? Will it make some attempt to instill integrity and demonstrate a commitment to clean up its act - as it relates to the academic performance and behavior of athletes and coaches. Or will it continue in its historic tradition of looking the other way while recruiting violations, legal issues, and academic indifference are allowed to rule the day. It will be interesting to see if there is really interest in Louisville in changing the athletic culture or if "just win, baby" remains the overriding philosophy.

The intriguing question I have is that Brohm was a Petrino branch on his coaching tree. He was with Petrino twice. Does Louisville try to break all ties to the Petrino era(s)?

In revenues for the athletic department, Louisville sits comfortably at #22 making $122 million annually and ranks only behind Florida State in the ACC. Purdue was last tallied around #46 at $90 million. And, Louisville has a bunch of deep pocket donors.

Purdue has 600,000 living alumni. More than 192,000 gave $

I don't think $$ is a big issue for Brohm, though Louisville can pay what is needed anyways. I know some people that know him, and I think that Louisville being home to him (more than just U of L, but the city of Louisville and all that comes with it), will be the biggest draw for him. Having said all that, he doesn't seem to be one to walk away from something he is building at Purdue. Should be interesting to see what happens, and I doubt there are any done deals at this time.

I just read through both the Purdue & UL rivals football forums........as off right now, no one has a clue whether he's stating or going.

If this isn't settled in PU's favor by our game time, it would seem to be a heck of a distraction.

Hey...Subway cookies are still pretty good after 3 days!

There is a lot of media speculation but I wouldn’t exactly say it’s “sources.”

That said, I can see a good possibility he goes and could get a Milton Wright and Bell to follow down there.

I’ve always wanted to go to Papa John’s Stadium to watch a game. I see Louisville is playing a game there this Saturday at home against NC State. It’s a short drive from Indiana. I think I may just try it....and see how bad the team really is? It’s against NC State.
well they're already 3 weeks old when you buy them

I don't think $$ is a big issue for Brohm, though Louisville can pay what is needed anyways. I know some people that know him, and I think that Louisville being home to him (more than just U of L, but the city of Louisville and all that comes with it), will be the biggest draw for him. Having said all that, he doesn't seem to be one to walk away from something he is building at Purdue. Should be interesting to see what happens, and I doubt there are any done deals at this time.
an opportunity to coach your alma mater may only come once. if it is his dream job he must take it now

Reactions: IUPaterade724
an opportunity to coach your alma mater may only come once. if it is his dream job he must take it now

While the university might be somewhat of a pull, it sounds like Brohm has an even deeper connection to the city of Louisville itself

Well height for one thing.
Hair as well, except for growing the little he has long enough to try to cover where he has none. Worst comb-over since Gene Keady. He needs to talk to Trump's stylist and find out where to get that cotton-candy machine that can swirl a few strands into a full-blown nest.

I would also add that Mitch once came up short $300 million in the state coffers (accounting error was the official explanation). After every public school system in the state went through the pain of making budget cuts, the little SOB miraculously "found" that money which ultimately ended up enhancing the funding for the expansion of the charter school program.

In my corporation we had to eliminate extra-curricular positions, cut coaching and club-sponsor pay across the board, and even eliminate some instructional assistants. That lying bastard knew good and well the money was there, but temporarily losing it served his political agenda.

Hair as well, except for growing the little he has long enough to try to cover where he has none. Worst comb-over since Gene Keady. He needs to talk to Trump's stylist and find out where to get that cotton-candy machine that can swirl a few strands into a full-blown nest.

I would also add that Mitch once came up short $300 million in the state coffers (accounting error was the official explanation). After every public school system in the state went through the pain of making budget cuts, the little SOB miraculously "found" that money which ultimately ended up enhancing the funding for the expansion of the charter school program.

In my corporation we had to eliminate extra-curricular positions, cut coaching and club-sponsor pay across the board, and even eliminate some instructional assistants. That lying bastard knew good and well the money was there, but temporarily losing it served his political agenda.

Charter schools are a complete boondoggle. They take money away from public schools and then are able to turn away students for basically any reason they choose Their public school counterpart has to provide those services, yet now they must do it on a reduced budget due to the monies given to the charter school. This includes not having to be handicap accessible, not taking on students with behavioral issues or learning disabilities, and being able to turn down a student without giving a reason why. That last one comes in handy if you're a "religious" school and you want to block a student from enrolling based on your "beliefs".

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising

It will if he bolts. In a way I feel guilty for it, but MAN I hope he does take the U of L job.

I just read through both the Purdue & UL rivals football forums........as off right now, no one has a clue whether he's stating or going.

If this isn't settled in PU's favor by our game time, it would seem to be a heck of a distraction.
I think it already is a distraction for them.

Charter schools are a complete boondoggle. They take money away from public schools and then are able to turn away students for basically any reason they choose Their public school counterpart has to provide those services, yet now they must do it on a reduced budget due to the monies given to the charter school. This includes not having to be handicap accessible, not taking on students with behavioral issues or learning disabilities, and being able to turn down a student without giving a reason why. That last one comes in handy if you're a "religious" school and you want to block a student from enrolling based on your "beliefs".
Is that you Jean Camp?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT