ADVERTISEMENT

It wasn't who we wanted...

Agreed, it was Rutgers but they dominated them like a very good team should. I really think things seem to be coming together at a good time. Not trying to bash Wilson but I don't really think his team's got better as the year went along. What you saw in the first game is what you saw on the last game.

Agreed, it was Rutgers but they dominated them like a very good team should. I really think things seem to be coming together at a good time. Not trying to bash Wilson but I don't really think his team's got better as the year went along. What you saw in the first game is what you saw on the last game.
Breakthrough no...Complete game for the first time in years YES

Lagow looked fantastic today and very good last week. I was in favor of the switch but he sure showed today he makes the defenses respect the pass game. This game i thought might be a struggle for them but they seem different with Lagow at helm. Tough to determine but really happy for them to feel the success

Lagow looked fantastic today and very good last week. I was in favor of the switch but he sure showed today he makes the defenses respect the pass game. This game i thought might be a struggle for them but they seem different with Lagow at helm. Tough to determine but really happy for them to feel the success
Yes, credit to Lagow. He struggled behind our Oline against better competition, but given decent protection he can deliver the ball and move the chains.

Breakthrough no...Complete game for the first time in years YES

Win next week and the Illinois/Rutgers/PU streak would be a kind of break through that I could get behind. I like the idea of one increment better each year, and 3 wins in a row at the end to become bowl eligible, especially with a win at PU against an improved PU team . . . that'd be a breakthrough . . .

. . . and tacking on a win in a bowl game to go +1 over .500, that'd be a breakthrough, too.

Reactions: ESalum86
Yes, credit to Lagow. He struggled behind our Oline against better competition, but given decent protection he can deliver the ball and move the chains.

Yep. I have been critical of RL for some fundamental issues, but he did a good job today. Kudos.

Breakthrough is W-L driven, but also state of mind. A nice PU win (ideally followed by a Bowl game win too) would be a great send off of Allen's first year, with tough D, and the grit to finish strong, keep PU streak to 5 and go bowling.

I like the recruits thus far coming in and a lot of good talent still coming back. Feel the ship is heading in the right direction!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT