ADVERTISEMENT

It doesn't happen often

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
Sometimes we adults can actually get a sense of wonder and amazement like children do, and it is pretty neat. Below is a Youtube video of people looking at the moon through a telescope. Most are at least 18 and show that sense of joy. It's great. It also has me wondering why so many people seem to be looking up close at the moon for the first time. I guess most schools can't do it because the moon is best seen in the dark (and best seen when it is new). So it is quite possible there are a lot of people out there who haven't ever (or at least not for a long time) looked through a telescope.

Sometimes we adults can actually get a sense of wonder and amazement like children do, and it is pretty neat. Below is a Youtube video of people looking at the moon through a telescope. Most are at least 18 and show that sense of joy. It's great. It also has me wondering why so many people seem to be looking up close at the moon for the first time. I guess most schools can't do it because the moon is best seen in the dark (and best seen when it is new). So it is quite possible there are a lot of people out there who haven't ever (or at least not for a long time) looked through a telescope.

We miss a lot as we tend to only look at ourselves through a microscope.

That was a really awesome find, Marvin. Thanks!

a little known fact. OMG was actually 1st popularized by people looking at the moon through a telescope.

Kirkwood Observatory on the IU campus is free open house every wed evening till mid fall, but only if the sky is clear enough. (hit their site to see if it's open that evening).

usually a good turn out, so you only get to see whatever they are pointed at, but if in Btown on a clear wed eve, it's a very cool free event.

Cool post. It’s amazing to look at the moon and realize it is a gigantic hunk of rock floating around up there.

I have a wildlife telescope. It is just barely strong enough to see the four Galilean moons of Jupiter and Saturn’s rings. Sometimes I can just barely tell that Jupiter has horizontal bands of colors.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT