ADVERTISEMENT

It all adds up...

SouthBendJim

Junior
Dec 19, 2004
Missing five players. Must've been something bad for CMW to throw this game away.

Usual second half swoon. Only 15 second half points. Can't hit the threes.

Galloway....gave them 4 easy points, plus the ball. Nice play offset by bonehead play.

Miller Kopp....1/7 from the floor in his return to Evanston. WTH.

Duncomb???

13 points for TJD against this NW team is pathetic. They weren't getting the ball to him and when they did many times he got impatient and put up a sloppy shot.

13 points for TJD against this NW team is pathetic. They weren't getting the ball to him and when they did many times he got impatient and put up a sloppy shot.
Disagree. TJD took the most shots on our team at 13. And he shot 30% while doing so. He should have shot less not more imo.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
They looked for him and race every time down the floor. With no shooters they doubled on every play just about. JG at the 3 hurt us more.

He is our only 13 points for TJD against this NW team is pathetic. They weren't getting the ball to him and when they did many times he got impatient and put up a sloppy shot.
He is our only option. Noboday can hot the three.

Disagree. TJD took the most shots on our team at 13. And he shot 30% while doing so. He should have shot less not more imo.
Best player on team should have shot less? What were our options when having to scrap our game prep at the last minute?

Best player on team should have shot less? What were our options when having to scrap our game prep at the last minute?
Imo open shooters even if they only hit 30% are a better option than TJD forcing shots under the basket and only making 30%

Imo open shooters even if they only hit 30% are a better option than TJD forcing shots under the basket and only making 30%
Makes no sense. TJD goes to the line more than anyone else in the conference. His 50% completion rate would have generated more offense than we were able to otherwise create.

Missing five players. Must've been something bad for CMW to throw this game away.

Usual second half swoon. Only 15 second half points. Can't hit the threes.

Galloway....gave them 4 easy points, plus the ball. Nice play offset by bonehead play.

Miller Kopp....1/7 from the floor in his return to Evanston. WTH.

Duncomb???
Koop is awful. I know he tries hard but he cannot shoot and I guess most of us only saw him when he lit up IU in the past. Duncomb cannot even get off the bench so the talk of him playing major minutes next year needs to stop now. As bad as we are at threes this year I have no idea who will shoot them next year. Galloway? Leal? I mean it will likely be ugly.

We have no other options. Nobody can hit the three so what are we supposed to do. We are incredibly easy to guard because we are no threat from deep.

Poor Duncomb. The only scholarship player to not see a single minute. Wow!
Somethings not right when you don't log, at least, a minute in a game like this one. What does Mike know that we don't know...something more sinister, perhaps in practice?

Must've been something bad for CMW to throw this game away.
It could have been just a knee-jerk reaction to a season of frustration winding down, now knowing what it is you got. They say it can wear on one's patience, "one" being the one in charge, Coach Woodson.

Poor Duncomb. The only scholarship player to not see a single minute. Wow!
Nobody on this board knows the whole picture there. Also, a tired TJD & Race are better than Logan. And that’s not a knock on the young fellow. We really needed a good guard or two for help.

Makes no sense. TJD goes to the line more than anyone else in the conference. His 50% completion rate would have generated more offense than we were able to otherwise create.
TJD would have to shoot 57% or more to make him as efficient as a 38% 3 point shooter. He killed us yesterday. That didn’t make sense.

Low arc on his ft shot last night. He seemed rattled and out-of-sync.
My son and I noticed the same thing. He's always been spotty at the line, but I never noticed how little arc he got on the ball and wondered if he was shooting flatter last night.

Low arc on his ft shot last night. He seemed rattled and out-of-sync.
Yeah I have no idea what is going on with him lately. And in an ideal world where he is playing well and gets 1 on 1 coverage I want him to shoot it most of the time over anyone else 1 on 1. But that’s not what we saw last night. They were doubling or digging at him constantly and he just kept throwing it up. As good as TJD is, over the course of a game I would prefer open shots against him taking on double teams at a 30% clip.

Reactions: bawlmer
TJD missed too many bunnies. He had good shots. Our team was tired. If you've ever played you know how the game can get out of hand when you're tired. That's how we looked to me. Very sad development.

TJD missed too many bunnies. He had good shots. Our team was tired. If you've ever played you know how the game can get out of hand when you're tired. That's how we looked to me. Very sad development.
We lost the game at the free throw line (53%) and by being outrebounded. Northwestern shot horribly( 31%) but got 15 more shot than us due to rebounding.

Somethings not right when you don't log, at least, a minute in a game like this one. What does Mike know that we don't know...something more sinister, perhaps in practice?
Who knows. Like I said. It’s bad when you donKt even see minutes in a game like last night.

Who knows. Like I said. It’s bad when you donKt even see minutes in a game like last night.
We've had a few head scratchers from Mike. We'll still give him the benefit of the doubt, believing he knows something we don't, making him the wisest man amongst us. Those benefits will eventually run out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT