ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a shame we won’t get to see this team

ce36ei

Senior
Sep 14, 2019
I was just browsing bowl tickets. Our only chance to see this team is a NY6 bowl or Outback Bowl. Citrus isn’t allowing fans. Can’t believe I’d rather make the Outback over Citrus but that’s where I’m at right now.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Tampa is Outback, Citrus is Orlando. After further research it appears Citrus will sell tickets. I had found an article saying they wouldn’t but their website indicates they will.

Yesterday there were 205,000 new cases and over 2,700 deaths. January 1 is 4+ weeks away. It's very likely that this is going to be much much worse by then. The governor of Florida is doing absolutely nothing to slow the spread. I've got my fingers crossed that the bowl games will be played but a lot can change in the next month. And not for the better.

Another bowl game was canceled yesterday,they are dropping like flies.
My opinion is they will all be canceled expect maybe the CFP.

Another bowl game was canceled yesterday,they are dropping like flies.
My opinion is they will all be canceled expect maybe the CFP.
Las Vegas Bowl is the one that cancelled. I agree that more of the lower tier bowls will cancel. I think there's enough money/interest in the big bowls TV deals to keep them running, but I don't know that for certain.

To be honest, I would have expected more lower tier bowls to happen because they don't typically draw a huge live gate. Like the Bahamas Bowl drew 13k fans last year. Even the Redbox, Pinstripe, & Las Vegas bowls only draw like 30k. I'm not sure what the break even point is for those events when all of the live game day expenses are figured in, but I can't imagine they make too much money on the live event portion of it.

The Florida bowls won’t get cancelled. Big TV money on the line. Not so much for these little bowls getting cancelled.

Extreme southern Florida is the epicenter of their outbreak...just like before. They won’t be cancelled.

Las Vegas Bowl is the one that cancelled. I agree that more of the lower tier bowls will cancel. I think there's enough money/interest in the big bowls TV deals to keep them running, but I don't know that for certain.

To be honest, I would have expected more lower tier bowls to happen because they don't typically draw a huge live gate. Like the Bahamas Bowl drew 13k fans last year. Even the Redbox, Pinstripe, & Las Vegas bowls only draw like 30k. I'm not sure what the break even point is for those events when all of the live game day expenses are figured in, but I can't imagine they make too much money on the live event portion of it.
The cancellation of the Sun Bowl was the biggest development yesterday. That bowl has been around since 1935.

When all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if the New Year's Six and just a half-dozen or so other bowls (including Citrus, Gator and Outback) are the only ones that will be played this season.

Sun Bowl canceled as well,I think I read that makes 10 total.It may have been the day before yesterday.

The cancellation of the Sun Bowl was the biggest development yesterday. That bowl has been around since 1935.

When all is said and done, I wouldn't be surprised if the New Year's Six and just a half-dozen or so other bowls (including Citrus, Gator and Outback) are the only ones that will be played this season.
I'm actually okay if they pared down the number of bowls anyway. I'd like to see maybe 25-30 bowls instead of the 40 that are out there in a normal year. That's too many.

I'm also the only one of my friends that actually prefers NOT to have a CFP. I think a playoff needs to be at least 16 teams to get a better representation in crowning a "true" national champion. Short of that, give me the old B1G champ vs. PAC-12 champ in the Rose Bowl and I'll call it good.

Reactions: 76-1 and Chriselli
Yesterday there were 205,000 new cases and over 2,700 deaths. January 1 is 4+ weeks away. It's very likely that this is going to be much much worse by then. The governor of Florida is doing absolutely nothing to slow the spread. I've got my fingers crossed that the bowl games will be played but a lot can change in the next month. And not for the better.
I live in Florida and the governor is doing fine.

Yesterday there were 205,000 new cases and over 2,700 deaths. January 1 is 4+ weeks away. It's very likely that will be this is going to be much much worse by then. The governor of Florida is doing absolutely nothing to slow the spread. I've got my fingers crossed that the bowl games will be played but a lot can change in the next month. And not for the better.
They will play the games regardless. Way too much money involved. But I agree fans are probably a much different story here. Not sure it's feasible that anyone except immediate family be allowed at the games.

Right... he even denounced mask mandates. Florida, and Indiana too are awful right now. Holcomb isn’t doing enough, but at least he encourages masks.
Just read somewhere cloth masks are only 25% effective. The paper masks are only 50 % effective. The n95 masks are 95% effective. The problem is we need to save the n95 for first responders. Also it is not healthy to wear masks for extended periods of time.

Just read somewhere cloth masks are only 25% effective. The paper masks are only 50 % effective. The n95 masks are 95% effective. The problem is we need to save the n95 for first responders. Also it is not healthy to wear masks for extended periods of time.
25% is infinity more than 0. 50% is infinity more than 0%.

Masks aren't a silver bullet, nothing currently around is. But if masks reduce transmissions by 25%, and reducing crowd sizes significantly reduces transmission by 25%. And if some other mitigation measure is an additional 25% reduction, that ends up being a large overall reduction because of the additive effects.

And please stop on the not healthy to wear masks for extended periods. Medical people wear those good restrictive masks for hours upon hours upon hours on end. Asking someone to wear a cheap cloth or paper one for the 45 minutes they're in the grocery is not going to do anything significant to the vast majority of people.

25% is infinity more than 0. 50% is infinity more than 0%.

Masks aren't a silver bullet, nothing currently around is. But if masks reduce transmissions by 25%, and reducing crowd sizes significantly reduces transmission by 25%. And if some other mitigation measure is an additional 25% reduction, that ends up being a large overall reduction because of the additive effects.

And please stop on the not healthy to wear masks for extended periods. Medical people wear those good restrictive masks for hours upon hours upon hours on end. Asking someone to wear a cheap cloth or paper one for the 45 minutes they're in the grocery is not going to do anything significant to the vast majority of people.
Ok but medical people do not wear them all day. Yes 25% is better than 0%. I am diabetic and overweight I choose to wear a mask. I choose if I want to go out or not.

I’ll wear a freaking space suit to go to the bowl. I couldn’t care less. A massive majority of Indiana’s deaths and cases are attributed to 2 things. Nursing homes and churches. Can’t shut churches down, and nursing homes, even if you do all you can, someone positive, either a patient or worker will slip through. That’s how the wife’s grandma died. Is what it is. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: vesuvius13 and TMFT
Here we go again. . .

Please take it to the Cooler.

Jesus Christ...just wear the fuucking mask. Quit whining.

What the hell is wrong with people?
'
No maskers call everyone else who listens to science... "sheep"

In reality, the "sheep" are the people that listen to one orange dickhead politician who tells them how to think

Hey,,,Lowes no mask dude...kiss my ass (but only after you and "Ma" get vaccinated)

oh...and I am far from some liberal shitbag...I am a moderate independent.

Just read somewhere cloth masks are only 25% effective. The paper masks are only 50 % effective.
And I've read differently, claims that the usual blue hospital masks are 50% - 75% effective. Do you have a source?

Common sense tells me that if I wear a mask then the vast majority of whatever virus I might expel will be stopped or slowed down considerably. That protects the people around me. If the people around me do the same then we are all protected.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Sun Bowl canceled as well,I think I read that makes 10 total.It may have been the day before yesterday.
Back to football and bowls. The way too early prediction on Yahoo sports was IU vs Kentucky in the Music Bowl. Take it with a grain of salt.

There will be real possibilities of bowls being canceled literally the day before the game.

And I've read differently, claims that the usual blue hospital masks are 50% - 75% effective. Do you have a source?

Common sense tells me that if I wear a mask then the vast majority of whatever virus I might expel will be stopped or slowed down considerably. That protects the people around me. If the people around me do the same then we are all protected.
I said the n95 are supposedly 95% effective so if you read they 75 then I don’t know what to say. Again if you choose to wear such as myself then go for it.

Ok but medical people do not wear them all day. Yes 25% is better than 0%. I am diabetic and overweight I choose to wear a mask. I choose if I want to go out or not.

My wife is a nurse and sure as does wear it all day. Where did you come up with that nonsense?

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
My brothers father in law is doctor. They wear masks around patients
My neice's ex-husband is a doctor. He and his staff were wearing masks around patients, but not around the office when no patients were there. Then he and his staff all ended up with Covid and missed two weeks of seeing patients. Some doctors are dumbasses just like some in every other occupation - and calling my niece's ex a dumbass is the nicest thing I can think to say about that f$%king idiot.

And your governor is a tool who would gobble a turd if Trump told him to.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT