ADVERTISEMENT

Issac Guarendo to Wisconsin

Purdue is definitely in a hole and it will take them time to emerge, but it's worth noting that IU has had to come from behind late to win the last two bucket games in Bloomington. There's a talent gap between the programs, but it's not as great as most people believe it to be.

And I conceded as much saying that IU could lose, just that IU likely would be favored. If IU turns the ball over 4 times in IU territory like they did last year, (certainly plausible) then of course Purdue would have a chance to win.

Also, IU lead wire to wire in 2015, and lead by at least 10 points for the last 42 minutes of the game.

Also, the "talent" gap might not be overly big, but the "depth" gap is. Purdue is probably only slightly better than IU Dinardo era depth. And even if both are relatively small, my larger point is that its still going to take years to close those gaps the way Brohm is currently recruiting, hence IU being favored but certainly not guaranteed to win for the near future.

Last edited:
Reactions: RBB89
And I conceded as much saying that IU could lose, just that IU likely would be favored. If IU turns the ball over 4 times in IU territory like they did last year, (certainly plausible) then of course Purdue would have a chance to win.

Also, IU lead wire to wire in 2015, and lead by at least 10 points for the last 42 minutes of the game.
Not disagreeing with you, only pointing out that, while there is a talent gap, it's not a monumental one. IU should be favored this year and win comfortably, but turnovers and emotion always play a part in Bucket games.

Purdue is definitely in a hole and it will take them time to emerge, but it's worth noting that IU has had to come from behind late to win the last two bucket games in Bloomington. There's a talent gap between the programs, but it's not as great as most people believe it to be.

Easily the worst game IU played last year and Wilson said as much. You do realize we spotted them a gimme 9 points in the game? A pick inside our own 30 set up and easy touchdown and Diamont took an intentional safety. Other than that, our defense controlled them. Our pass defense was kind of suspect but they didn't do anything running the ball. Shit happens in rivalry games. IU had an 0-11 team in 1984 that played Purdue to the wire in a game decided by a late touchdown and the talent gap that year was enormous.

Easily the worst game IU played last year and Wilson said as much. You do realize we spotted them a gimme 9 points in the game? A pick inside our own 30 set up and easy touchdown and Diamont took an intentional safety. Other than that, our defense controlled them. Our pass defense was kind of suspect but they didn't do anything running the ball. Shit happens in rivalry games. IU had an 0-11 team in 1984 that played Purdue to the wire in a game decided by a late touchdown and the talent gap that year was enormous.
Yes, I understand all of those things, but the talent gap currently is not enormous by any stretch of the imagination.

He just wants to argue. If you posted "man we have been so close to knocking off Ohio State and Michigan recently," he would be all over you and say "almost doesn't count."

Reactions: JohnsyRick

Pu was playing for their season each of the last three bucket games and their greatly overmatched roster overachieved in each one. That is how rivalries work.

He just wants to argue. If you posted "man we have been so close to knocking off Ohio State and Michigan recently," he would be all over you and say "almost doesn't count."
Says the poster who can't talk football.

Dude, just ignore the guy. He brings no value to the board, and almost always turns to provocation and/or insults.

Yes, I understand all of those things, but the talent gap currently is not enormous by any stretch of the imagination.

Well then....since we played OSU to within few points a couple seasons ago, by your logic the talent on both rosters was pretty much equal. Do you really believe the stuff you type?

Whenever you want to talk serious football instead of these whacked out theories you have and your perpetual negative slant, we're all here for you.

Well then....since we played OSU to within few points a couple seasons ago, by your logic the talent on both rosters was pretty much equal. Do you really believe the stuff you type?

Whenever you want to talk serious football instead of these whacked out theories you have and your perpetual negative slant, we're all here for you.
No, that's not what I've said or claimed. And you say I'm here to argue? I realize you're all about sunshine, but I've never understood why a realistic view of the team and program is grounds for constant attacks. Says a lot about you.

No, that's not what I've said or claimed. And you say I'm here to argue? I realize you're all about sunshine, but I've never understood why a realistic view of the team and program is grounds for constant attacks. Says a lot about you.

It's exactly what your post claimed. You attempted to draw a conclusion that a close game between IU and Purdue signified that the roster talent between the two programs was minuscule. I used your logic to make the same claim between OSU and IU.

You didn't back up you claim with anything other than we had 2 close games with Purdue, so isn't it fair to apply the same principle to other teams that IU has had close contests?

I mean, if you had taken the time to go down each roster and look at recruit offers by school, your theory might hold more weight. But, you just pulled something out of your behind to make some claim to fit your agenda. Says a lot about you.

It's exactly what your post claimed. You attempted to draw a conclusion that a close game between IU and Purdue signified that the roster talent between the two programs was minuscule. I used your logic to make the same claim between OSU and IU.

You didn't back up you claim with anything other than we had 2 close games with Purdue, so isn't it fair to apply the same principle to other teams that IU has had close contests?

I mean, if you had taken the time to go down each roster and look at recruit offers by school, your theory might hold more weight. But, you just pulled something out of your behind to make some claim to fit your agenda. Says a lot about you.
Sorry to disappoint, but you're simply throwing a little temper tantrum because I don't happen to think the talent disparity is as great as some of you would like to believe. Neither program has achieved a winning Big Ten record in some time, and recruiting for each has consistently been ranked well into the bottom half of the conference. IU has had to overcome late deficits to win two of the last three, and actually watching the game confirms the team's as closer than you believe.

As for the rest of your stuff, please post all those "whacked out theories" I've discussed! I'm sure that will make for some interesting (and totally fictitious) reading!

But, since you're such a student of recruiting, tell us what you know about Anthony Torres of Mishawaka (and, soon, IMG). He just committed to Iowa.

Last edited:

Also, the "talent" gap might not be overly big, but the "depth" gap is. Purdue is probably only slightly better than IU Dinardo era depth. And even if both are relatively small, my larger point is that its still going to take years to close those gaps the way Brohm is currently recruiting, hence IU being favored but certainly not guaranteed to win for the near future.

Our depth is shockingly horrible. Hazell was a god awful coach in so many way. I'm hoping Brohm can close the gap as soon as possible but it would take even the best of recruiters several years to overhaul this roster.

Pu was playing for their season each of the last three bucket games and their greatly overmatched roster overachieved in each one. That is how rivalries work.

Playing for our season? I think most of our players and coaching staff had checked out by the bucket game. By that last game each year, the apathy was sky-high and we just didn't care. Our only hope was maybe a loss to IU yet another time would finally get him fired.

Our depth is shockingly horrible. Hazell was a god awful coach in so many way. I'm hoping Brohm can close the gap as soon as possible but it would take even the best of recruiters several years to overhaul this roster.

Please go die in a fire after being mauled by a bear. Everyone hates you because you suck. I'm sure you don't understand that and will continue to suck hard and eventually get banned. Then you'll create yet another new username and repeat. Just remember, you're the worst and we all want you to go away forever.

Please go die in a fire after being mauled by a bear. Everyone hates you because you suck. I'm sure you don't understand that and will continue to suck hard and eventually get banned. Then you'll create yet another new username and repeat. Just remember, you're the worst and we all want you to go away forever.

Lol are you implying I'm ewerzfan1?

Lol are you implying I'm ewerzfan1?
Well, I've been accused of being all sorts of posters, such is the mentality here. Kind of shame these posters, who do nothing but stalk and insult, don't want to talk football. That would seem far more worthwhile, don't you think? But Red epitomizes the quality of posters here, it seems. All blather.

Well, I've been accused of being all sorts of posters, such is the mentality here. Kind of shame these posters, who do nothing but stalk and insult, don't want to talk football. That would seem far more worthwhile, don't you think?

Absolutely. It's laughable if they think we are the same poster.

Absolutely. It's laughable if they think we are the same poster.
There is a poster currently engaged who does post under multiple handles, occasionally even replying to his own posts. When I was told of that I about fell over laughing.

Dude...don't stoop to Ord 's level.

Playing for our season? I think most of our players and coaching staff had checked out by the bucket game. By that last game each year, the apathy was sky-high and we just didn't care. Our only hope was maybe a loss to IU yet another time would finally get him fired.

I attend the games and while I heard from several PU grads that they hoped they lose to IU in order to get rid of the coach, the players were far more engaged. Apathy doesn't create five nasty 15 yard penalties at the RA game or the tough play in BTown...yes...IU made some dumb mistakes and spotted some points. Trust me, the kids were into it.

I apologize on behalf of all of us here. That was uncalled for. You have always been a reasonable passionate poster whether we agree or not. You are not a fraud troll.

Appreciate that. I might not always be the best poster but I don't have two usernames. I've been a poster here for a long time.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Sorry to disappoint, but you're simply throwing a little temper tantrum because I don't happen to think the talent disparity is as great as some of you would like to believe. Neither program has achieved a winning Big Ten record in some time, and recruiting for each has consistently been ranked well into the bottom half of the conference. IU has had to overcome late deficits to win two of the last three, and actually watching the game confirms the team's as closer than you believe.

As for the rest of your stuff, please post all those "whacked out theories" I've discussed! I'm sure that will make for some interesting (and totally fictitious) reading!

But, since you're such a student of recruiting, tell us what you know about Anthony Torres of Mishawaka (and, soon, IMG). He just committed to Iowa.
You mean the Torres that no longer had an offer from us ? Being that you are so well connected and knowledgeable, one would think you would be aware of that, guess not.

He had an offer from the new staff. He didn't have interest, but he had an offer. He and Ivy both said no awhile ago.
You are wrong. Period. It's funny that you come on here acting like the expert all the time ,and clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
From Scout, "Torres had an offer from the previous offensive staff , but when the new staff came in, they pulled the offer. Anthony told me that himself. They told him he didn't fit what they were looking for at tight end in this class." Direct quote from Matt Weaver.
You are what most on here say you are, a fraud.

You are wrong. Period. It's funny that you come on here acting like the expert all the time ,and clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
From Scout, "Torres had an offer from the previous offensive staff , but when the new staff came in, they pulled the offer. Anthony told me that himself. They told him he didn't fit what they were looking for at tight end in this class." Direct quote from Matt Weaver.
You are what most on here say you are, a fraud.
He had an offer. Sorry. The only fraud is you when you claimed you saw McCabe and then, when pressed, knew nothing about him.

He had an offer. Sorry. The only fraud is you when you claimed you saw McCabe and then, when pressed, knew nothing about him.
Ahh, the classic Ord fallback of trying to change the subject when proven wrong, nice try. I saw McCabe , in person, and as I said, I like him. You don't have to, it's ok, but you look even more foolish than usual when you try to argue another person's whereabouts.
Oh, and Torres still doesn't have an IU offer.

Ahh, the classic Ord fallback of trying to change the subject when proven wrong, nice try. I saw McCabe , in person, and as I said, I like him. You don't have to, it's ok, but you look even more foolish than usual when you try to argue another person's whereabouts.
Oh, and Torres still doesn't have an IU offer.
Torres had no interest in IU, so the offer he had is moot at this point. And you weren't able to offer any analysis on McCabe, which is why it was obvious you didn't see him play, despite numerous opportunities to give even a basic view of him. If you saw him, you must know nothing about football, which you've previously is an accurate description of you.

Torres had no interest in IU, so the offer he had is moot at this point. And you weren't able to offer any analysis on McCabe, which is why it was obvious you didn't see him play, despite numerous opportunities to give even a basic view of him. If you saw him, you must know nothing about football, which you've previously is an accurate description of you.
LOL, you're so predictable, and laughable, now your story is changed to he had no interest ? I'll let the members of this community decide who they think is more believable, and I know they believe Matt Weaver. As for McCabe, I'm not rehashing that discussion, it is still here for anyone that wants to look back. Again, I'll let the board community decide who they think is being honest and who is not. BTW, good for Torres committing to Iowa since it was his only Big Ten offer, I wish him well.

LOL, you're so predictable, and laughable, now your story is changed to he had no interest ? I'll let the members of this community decide who they think is more believable, and I know they believe Matt Weaver. As for McCabe, I'm not rehashing that discussion, it is still here for anyone that wants to look back. Again, I'll let the board community decide who they think is being honest and who is not. BTW, good for Torres committing to Iowa since it was his only Big Ten offer, I wish him well.
So you're unable to back up your own statements? No, he didn't have interest in IU, which is partly why he didn't commit many months ago when he was offered. Ivy lost interest too. Funny that you didn't comment on him, either. Lol. Sorry, you're out of the loop on this stuff, as usual. Pit me on ignore if you don't want to talk football. It's just that easy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT