ADVERTISEMENT

Issac Guarendo to Wisconsin

Don't follow that closely so don't know, other than the LB (McGrone?) from Indy who is looking at IU, but also ND and UM. But per those who worry, here's an optimistic thought: imagine if IU pulls off the opening game stunner over OSU. If that happened, all bets are off, suddenly IU would be in the mix as "for real team" on way to a breakthrough and kids on the fence would have to start committing or lose the chance. Life and timing can be funny that way. That...would be a great problem to have.

Reactions: td75 and ESalum86
Don't follow that closely so don't know, other than the LB (McGrone?) from Indy who is looking at IU, but also ND and UM. But per those who worry, here's an optimistic thought: imagine if IU pulls off the opening game stunner over OSU. If that happened, all bets are off, suddenly IU would be in the mix as "for real team" on way to a breakthrough and kids on the fence would have to start committing or lose the chance. Life and timing can be funny that way. That...would be a great problem to have.
Agreed. An Ohio S. win would change the recruiting landscape for iu dramatically.

Appalachian State beating Michigan made everyone a believer that anything is possible. Not probable but possible.

I'm surprised the board is wringing their hands over a 2-star guy with offers from the MAC? Had we recruited, and landed him, this board would be up in arms.
It's not "the board." It's this one guy (ewezrfan1) who rolls out a new user name every couple of months and whose sole objective is to stir the pot. He knows next to nothing about this kid and can't even spell his name. It's "Isaac Guerendo."

I'm surprised the board is wringing their hands over a 2-star guy with offers from the MAC? Had we recruited, and landed him, this board would be up in arms.
No one's "wringing their hands". I was simply asking if IU offered Isaac Guerendo. I realize that recruiting isn't an approved topic here since IU is struggling so much with it, but I was simply curious if IU had interest in him. That no one seems to know or care says everything.

Last edited:
No one's "wringing their hands". I was simply asking if IU offered Isaac Guerendo. I realize that recruiting isn't an approved topic here since IU is struggling so much with it, but I was simply curious if IU had interest in him. That no one seems to know or care says everything.

Everything you wrote is totally incorrect. We all hate you and want you to die in an AIDS fire after you've been mauled by a bear.

Reactions: IUPaterade724

IU is only struggling with recruiting only "in your own mind."

Dude - our recruiting looks absolutely no different than it has the past 10 years. In fact, it's actually going a little better than basketball recruiting where we have no inroads with elite talent.

We are right on course to get another solid class despite what all the ratings say. Hell ....Northwestern and Iowa have built 9-10 win seasons on classes rated lower than OSU. Take a deep breath. It's July.

IU is only struggling with recruiting only "in your own mind."

Dude - our recruiting looks absolutely no different than it has the past 10 years. In fact, it's actually going a little better than basketball recruiting where we have no inroads with elite talent.

We are right on course to get another solid class despite what all the ratings say. Hell ....Northwestern and Iowa have built 9-10 win seasons on classes rated lower than OSU. Take a deep breath. It's July.
But IU hasn't built 9-10 win seasons on the classes they've brought in since Wilson was named coach, and it's pretty obvious they've losing ground to just about all of their BiG competitors, overall and in the East. The last ten years haven't produced any winning records in the BiG. Not one. Why would continuing to struggle in recruiting, which translates directly into losing conference records, be viewed as a positive from your perspective? And what does IU basketball have to do with it, other than your attempt to divert attention away from the football program's issues?

I merely asked in this thread whether IU had offered Guerendo. The responses to that are really interesting.

Reactions: 82hoosier
But IU hasn't built 9-10 win seasons on the classes they've brought in since Wilson was named coach, and it's pretty obvious they've losing ground to just about all of their BiG competitors, overall and in the East. The last ten years haven't produced any winning records in the BiG. Not one. Why would continuing to struggle in recruiting, which translates directly into losing conference records, be viewed as a positive from your perspective? And what does IU basketball have to do with it, other than your attempt to divert attention away from the football program's issues?

I merely asked in this thread whether IU had offered Guerendo. The responses to that are really interesting.

I'm interested in what the new coach can do with what he has and what he has coming in. I think coaching can make a world of difference. You obviously have zero faith in the program or current staff and that's okay. We didn't offer the kid from Avon because Heard has other guys on his radar.

Do you think we should have offered Guerendo? What have you seen from him? I'm interested in your evaluation.

We offer the guys that the staff thinks will be a fit with Allen's program and culture. I trust that more than I do any conjecture spouted off on this board.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
I'm interested in what the new coach can do with what he has and what he has coming in. I think coaching can make a world of difference. You obviously have zero faith in the program or current staff and that's okay. We didn't offer the kid from Avon because Heard has other guys on his radar.

Do you think we should have offered Guerendo? What have you seen from him? I'm interested in your evaluation.

We offer the guys that the staff thinks will be a fit with Allen's program and culture. I trust that more than I do any conjecture spouted off on this board.
Being concerned about IU's recruiting struggles means I "obviously have zero faith in the program or current staff"? I guess if you can't counter an argument with any reasonable thoughts, you make a dumb comment like that, and that's okay.

As for Guerendo, I haven't seen him play, nor did I suggest I had. I merely asked if IU had offered him. Bit, since you have insight into Heard, who is he looking at for the position, if not Guerendo?

Being concerned about IU's recruiting struggles means I "obviously have zero faith in the program or current staff"? I guess if you can't counter an argument with any reasonable thoughts, you make a dumb comment like that, and that's okay.

As for Guerendo, I haven't seen him play, nor did I suggest I had. I merely asked if IU had offered him. Bit, since you have insight into Heard, who is he looking at for the position, if not Guerendo?

"If it walks like a duck...."

Everything you post on here is some snide, negative comment. Anything you frame in the form of a question is prefaced with some string of "whoa is us" bleak prognostication.

Heard is working on 10-15 guys that all fit his mold of tall receivers. I won't even bother mentioning them because you will light up the board with your usual diatribe as to how we are failing miserably.

"If it walks like a duck...."

Everything you post on here is some snide, negative comment. Anything you frame in the form of a question is prefaced with some string of "whoa is us" bleak prognostication.

Heard is working on 10-15 guys that all fit his mold of tall receivers. I won't even bother mentioning them because you will light up the board with your usual diatribe as to how we are failing miserably.
No, simply asking a question that doesn't project a rosy and unrealistic view is grounds for you and a few others to be offended. Maybe we should talk tailgating instead. Lol.

Last edited:
No, simply asking a question that doesn't project a rosy and unrealistic view is grounds for you and a few others to be offended. Maybe we should talk tailgating instead. Lol.

Trust me...not offended in the least. You'll find the dark cloud in anything that goes on with the program, so I know that is your MO regarding IU football. If you want to live your IU sports life as a Negative Nancy, that's your loss.
IU just went to 2 bowls back to back for the first time since you were wearing parachute pants. That is a step in the right direction and no small feat for this program. But, you knock it all you want. Go ahead....tell us all how awful things are.

Trust me...not offended in the least. You'll find the dark cloud in anything that goes on with the program, so I know that is your MO regarding IU football. If you want to live your IU sports life as a Negative Nancy, that's your loss.
IU just went to 2 bowls back to back for the first time since you were wearing parachute pants. That is a step in the right direction and no small feat for this program. But, you knock it all you want. Go ahead....tell us all how awful things are.
I didn't knock anything. I merely asked if iu offered a kid who committed to another school. You responded by throwing a tantrum. You're hardly an iu fan.

Oh no, BRMC is an IU fan alrighty and a downright maddog one at that. Just a little irrational is he. Looks like he is working on getting banned before the season even starts! Go get em BRMC!

Did IU offer him? Who's left in state that they have a legitimate shot at?
We did not offer him. I don't really understand why you could not look up his profile yourself, but no we did not offer him. Off the top of my head, Madison Norris will likely commit to IU.

I continue to be completely bewildered by people giving more than a passing glance at how many verbals we have in July. You're absolutely right. The only thing I would add to your previous post is that our recruiting has definitely improved over the past five or so years, as opposed to your comment about the class looking the same as the last 10 years. It does look exactly like how the last four or five classes have started though. We always get a bunch of late commits and flips.

I mean, you can see the improved offer lists, and someone literally posted the other day that we have the exact number of commitments this year so far that we've had for the past few years at this time. And yet that doesn't stop people from fretting over it. This has been the best stretch of recruiting we've had in some time, and yet every summer we have this same conversation.

Purdue has a bunch of commitments right now, a top 50 class, and is rated above Alabama. Who thinks that's going to last? Their class right now looks pretty much like how Lynch's classes looked.

Please change negative nancy to nellie, my wife takes offense!!

It's not "the board." It's this one guy (ewezrfan1) who rolls out a new user name every couple of months and whose sole objective is to stir the pot. He knows next to nothing about this kid and can't even spell his name. It's "Isaac Guerendo."

Is this guy the new 'Bobsnotbucks' then? ha Another person to block. I thought mod's had the ability to block by IP address, no?

Is this guy the new 'Bobsnotbucks' then? ha Another person to block. I thought mod's had the ability to block by IP address, no?
Please feel free to block me, tho I'm not any other poster. I do like to talk iu football with something other than a unicorn' perspective, and that's not how some on this site like it to be. Even asking about a recruit is enough to get people extremely upset. Lol

Please feel free to block me, tho I'm not any other poster. I do like to talk iu football with something other than a unicorn' perspective, and that's not how some on this site like it to be. Even asking about a recruit is enough to get people extremely upset. Lol

Why is this ass allowed to continue trolling here?

It's absolutely the same, troubled guy.

It's obvious when the other guy stops posting and this poster comes up posting just as often and with the same mantra and bravado. No one comes here for the first time and hits the ground running with so many posts. Yet his new creations seem to continually do that. Me's thinks he's actually a PU fan......

Over 5 posts per day. What instant dedication to this site for someone so new.

Yeah, Bobs always said "tho". Welcome back....and good bye.

I continue to be completely bewildered by people giving more than a passing glance at how many verbals we have in July. You're absolutely right. The only thing I would add to your previous post is that our recruiting has definitely improved over the past five or so years, as opposed to your comment about the class looking the same as the last 10 years. It does look exactly like how the last four or five classes have started though. We always get a bunch of late commits and flips.

I mean, you can see the improved offer lists, and someone literally posted the other day that we have the exact number of commitments this year so far that we've had for the past few years at this time. And yet that doesn't stop people from fretting over it. This has been the best stretch of recruiting we've had in some time, and yet every summer we have this same conversation.

Purdue has a bunch of commitments right now, a top 50 class, and is rated above Alabama. Who thinks that's going to last? Their class right now looks pretty much like how Lynch's classes looked.

Purdue hired a real football coach and he is already making strides in recruiting. Brohm recruits for his system very similar to Joe Tiller. You should thank Purple Haze for your back to back 6-7 seasons but the party is over.

Purdue hired a real football coach and he is already making strides in recruiting. Brohm recruits for his system very similar to Joe Tiller. You should thank Purple Haze for your back to back 6-7 seasons but the party is over.

Cute story......it's almost been 1,700 days since PU last beat IU. There will be baby boilers who will be 5 years old attending the game this year that have never seen PU as the owner of the bucket. Lose this year and slowly we head towards an entire generation of kids who don't see IU v PU as even much of a rivalry in F-Ball.

LOL, we're shaking in our boots.

"When you wish upon a star...."

All you got is hopes and dreams right now, dude.

I remember you clowns saying the same thing about Mr. Turtleneck-in-90 Degree-Weather Curved Ballcap! "Darrell is going to rebuild this!"

You guys are all talk. Always are.

Come down to B-town for a photo op with The Bucket when you can!

Lol.

Oh stop. I like Brohm a lot. But the majority of your class is made up of MAC offers. We have been down that road plenty of times. I'm not saying it won't get better, but that is the reality of your current class. You guys have lost four in a row and have a class made up of mostly MAC/lower level offers, and you come over here talking smack? What is wrong with you? I'd say the same thing to an Indiana fan going over to your board in the same situation. Don't act stupid.

If the rest of your class fills out like it has so far, do you seriously think it's going to stay anywhere near the 40s nationally? If I came over to the Purdue board bragging about how Tom Allen "recruits to his system," you'd laugh me off the board.

You mean Taggart/Petrino recruited very similar to Tiller. Even last year, most WKU starters, especially on offense, were recruited prior to Brohm's tenure as HC. Also, even if there were some bright spots to Brohm's recruiting, he took over a veteran team with solid depth at WKU, which allowed him to essentially RS almost everyone in his classes and wait for guys to develop. Brohm won't be afforded that opportunity at Purdue.

So if Brohm is just going to get by with "recruiting his system" for the near future, you are OPTIMISTICALLY looking at 3 years before Purdue has a shot at a bowl game and/or is favored to win a game against IU (I'll say that I think IU could lose, but it would likely be considered an upset).

I think Brohm is/will be a very good coach, but he's not quite as proven as you think he is and Purdue is in a much bigger hole than you think it is.

Reactions: ESalum86 and RBB89
You mean Taggart/Petrino recruited very similar to Tiller. Even last year, most WKU starters, especially on offense, were recruited prior to Brohm's tenure as HC. Also, even if there were some bright spots to Brohm's recruiting, he took over a veteran team with solid depth at WKU, which allowed him to essentially RS almost everyone in his classes and wait for guys to develop. Brohm won't be afforded that opportunity at Purdue.

So if Brohm is just going to get by with "recruiting his system" for the near future, you are OPTIMISTICALLY looking at 3 years before Purdue has a shot at a bowl game and/or is favored to win a game against IU (I'll say that I think IU could lose, but it would likely be considered an upset).

I think Brohm is/will be a very good coach, but he's not quite as proven as you think he is and Purdue is in a much bigger hole than you think it is.
Dude, they've got stadium lights now. They're rolling!

Purdue is definitely in a hole and it will take them time to emerge, but it's worth noting that IU has had to come from behind late to win the last two bucket games in Bloomington. There's a talent gap between the programs, but it's not as great as most people believe it to be.

ADVERTISEMENT