ADVERTISEMENT

ISB Full Show: John Feinstein talks "A Season On The Brink"

it was a fluff public relations piece to counter SOTB. I read about a third of it then put it down. Didn't find it the least bit interesting.

When you look at SOTB, Feinstein actually did a very good job of putting many of Knight's most infamous moments in context. For instance, he went into detail about the Puerto Rican Cop incident. I thought he did an excellent job of showing that while Knight may have earned it, there was a target on his back and people who zealously took aim at him.

The most amusing thing I've read in this thread was the assertion that "more people read His Own Man than SOTB".

When you look at SOTB, Feinstein actually did a very good job of putting many of Knight's most infamous moments in context. For instance, he went into detail about the Puerto Rican Cop incident. I thought he did an excellent job of showing that while Knight may have earned it, there was a target on his back and people who zealously took aim at him.

The most amusing thing I've read in this thread was the assertion that "more people read His Own Man than SOTB".
what I loved most about SOTB is that JF did a great job of showing all us high school wannabees what it was like to be on that team for a season. I almost felt like I was on the bus that morning, about to leave town and head towards Rupp, wondering if Steve was going to be allowed on the bus or not.

I still remember the part of the book when Delray transferred, and RMK's last response was something to the effect of "there goes the nicest kid to ever play at IU". He knew that it wasn't working out for Brooks at IU but didn't hold a grudge and lose sight of the fact that Delray was a very good kid. Compare that to the environment around Recker's departure. (not saying who was right/wrong with the Recker defection, just that it was highly toxic).

Reactions: Vern Pain
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT