ADVERTISEMENT

ISB Full Show: Chronic Hoosier, Angelo Pizzo, Taylor Lehman

Tuesdays show got started off great and continued to be just that all the way through the show. Indiana Sports Beat was joined by Rivals’ Taylor Lehman, then Chronic Hoosier, and the show was finished off with screenwriter Angelo Pizzo.

Lehman got the show started off by talking about Indiana football and how the recruiting process really hasn’t been affected by this COVID-19 pandemic.

“Tom Allen has really shined during the coronavirus, honestly,” said Lehman on Allen’s recruiting success in the past couple of weeks.

Allen has raked in four recruits already in the month of April, and Lehman believes that won’t stop there.

He mentioned Donovan McCauley, Kryan Montgomery, and Austin Booker as some names to watch out for from the 2021 class that really like IU.

And while there are some new names coming, there have been some names entering the transfer portal, and one of those is sophomore defensive end Madison Norris.

The defensive end from Fishers, IN announced he had put his name in the transfer portal yesterday afternoon.

He has a lot of upside and I think he’ll find his place somewhere out there said Lehman.

“Everybody is going through their own stages of grief in this adjustment period,” said Chronic Hoosier when he joined the show.

Chronic Hoosier talked about how this pandemic continues to affect not just the athletes around the world, but everyone.

He mentioned how this crazy world is affecting student-athlete’s futures and it’s heartbreaking to see, but “there’s never been a better time to tackle something like this.”

COVID-19 aside, Chronic also spoke about the feud with John Calipari and why IU and Kentucky won’t play each other.

“I don’t think it’ll be happening anytime soon on Calipari’s watch,” said Chronic Hoosier.

When screenwriter and producer Angelo Pizzo (famous for “Hoosiers” and “Rudy”) joined, he talked about how this quarantine is keeping him busy while he has been working on four different projects.

“I wouldn’t say it’s easier,” Pizzo said on focusing to work on his projects during this pandemic.

He mentioned how the anxiety of worrying and certain emotions like that can distract him from his work, which is why even with all the time, it’s not necessarily easier.

However, on the sports side of things, Pizzo also talked about how much he has missed sports and being able to talk about them.

“I find that to be a big hole in my life, just talking about sports,” Pizzo said.

Nonetheless, you can always listen to whole show from start to finish at the link below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT