ADVERTISEMENT

Is this next years football Uni?

10yrProject

Sophomore
Sep 1, 2016
ViewArticle.dbml
Photo of FG in a Candy Striped sport coat.

If you can't bring up the imbedded image, it looks just as bad as it sounds.

Guess we know for certain now who was making those Kentucky Fried Chicken uniform decisions...

No Mas! No Mas! :confused:

ViewArticle.dbml
Photo of FG in a Candy Striped sport coat.

If you can't bring up the imbedded image, it looks just as bad as it sounds.

Guess we know for certain now who was making those Kentucky Fried Chicken uniform decisions...

No Mas! No Mas! :confused:
We are contractually obligated with adidas to wear one alternate uniform every year. They aren't going to lessen the stripes stuff, despite your constant posts about it. It sells. You not liking it doesn't mean everyone else hates it. Personally I loved the stripes alternate from last year.

Connecting the Football Team to Basketball is a monumentally Bad Idea on multiple levels.

I have a very difficult time believing that Fred can't direct Adidas to go in a different artistic direction that doesn't involve candy stripes for our one "alternate" uniform per year.

Gotta tell you, I'm really starting to wonder about FG...

I'm surprised Kenticky Fried Chicken hasn't sued us for trademark infringement.

Fred's worried about "devaluing" Assembly Hall but has no problem trotting the Football Team out in clown suits and can't even get the state outline in the center of the field laid out even with both yard lines...??? Geez...

Fred's worried about "devaluing" Assembly Hall but has no problem trotting the Football Team out in clown suits and can't even get the state outline in the center of the field laid out even with both yard lines...??? Geez...

What we call "clown suits", the kids today call "Hot Unis."

I've been an advocate of wearing candy-stripe pants as the normal pants for football uni's for years. I felt then, as I do now, it would be a signature, attention grabbing look and would resonate with the high school/college crowd.

I even emailed my suggestion to Coach Hep. He politely declined.

Reactions: YOTHN
What we call "clown suits", the kids today call "Hot Unis."

There "has" to be some other design out there that would be considered "hot" by today's weak standards that doesn't directly connect our Football program directly to our Cl..... F... of a leaderless, pathetic, disaster of a basketball program.

If you don't want to "devalue" Memorial Stadium, you don't run our Team out there, on national TV, in that goofy looking C...p, in my opinion.

And..., get the state logo centered (like it was over the previous 30+ + years).

Last edited:
There "has" to be some other design out there that would be considered "hot" by today's weak standards that doesn't directly connect our Football program directly to our Cl..... F... of a leaderless, pathetic, disaster of a basketball program.

If you don't want to "devalue" Memorial Stadium, you don't run our Team out there, on national TV, in that goofy looking C...p, in my opinion.

And..., get the state logo centered (like it was over the previous 30+ + years).
IDK...."Cl...F..." are some pretty pretty strong wor- uh - initials....o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: ESalum86
Not much else could be used to more clearly describe what was the glorified AAU squad that got a hold of the IU basketball jerseys for 2016-17...

Let's hope football is allowed to totally distance itself from that "mess"...

candy striped gear is all over, it's not an "IU" thing, and even IU's small candy stripe legacy is warm ups,

it's cool looking gear for someone who likes it, but it doesn't belong on game unis.

this trying to promote IU as having some big candy stripe tradition, is nothing but hype to sell some gear.

candy striped gear is all over, it's not an "IU" thing, and even IU's small candy stripe legacy is warm ups,

it's cool looking gear for someone who likes it, but it doesn't belong on game unis.

this trying to promote IU as having some big candy stripe tradition, is nothing but hype to sell some gear.

You are correct. Wisconsin now has the corner on the candy stripe market in the Big Ten, so if you want to be mistaken for a Badger ( or just a big KFC consumer) then by all means wear the candy stripes everywhere.

Knights Bball teams of the 70's made the CS warmups famous as a connection to IU Basketball. Since we haven't won a Championship for 30 years in that venue the only ones outside of Indiana that consider that any type of IU representative fashion statement are IU grads who attended basketball games while they were students. The rest of the world has moved on...

Now days the candy stripes just look like and ad for Kentucky Fried Chicken (and that's NOT a good look /IMO/).

If they want to keep the look for basketball great... Just keep it away from Football!

You are correct. Wisconsin now has the corner on the candy stripe market in the Big Ten, so if you want to be mistaken for a Badger ( or just a big KFC consumer) then by all means wear the candy stripes everywhere.

Knights Bball teams of the 70's made the CS warmups famous as a connection to IU Basketball. Since we haven't won a Championship for 30 years in that venue the only ones outside of Indiana that consider that any type of IU representative fashion statement are IU grads who attended basketball games while they were students. The rest of the world has moved on...

Now days the candy stripes just look like and ad for Kentucky Fried Chicken (and that's NOT a good look /IMO/).

If they want to keep the look for basketball great... Just keep it away from Football!
Several BIG team have fans wearing stripes. Mostly in overalls but stripes nonetheless less. NEbraska, Iowa, Pudue, Wisky all have kids wearing the stripes.

Several Ind HS basketball teams now have candy stripe war ups. Zionsvile does.

Connecting the Football Team to Basketball is a monumentally Bad Idea on multiple levels.

I have a very difficult time believing that Fred can't direct Adidas to go in a different artistic direction that doesn't involve candy stripes for our one "alternate" uniform per year.

Gotta tell you, I'm really starting to wonder about FG...

I'm surprised Kenticky Fried Chicken hasn't sued us for trademark infringement.

Really connecting them both to the swimming team I believe who owned the stripes first.

I always connected the candy stripes to IU as a whole, without a doubt. When did candy stripe get connected to another university? Try and google "candy stripe pants" or even "candy stripe college" and let me know what you find. There are other teams who have attempted the stripes with other colors but the crimson and cream stripes stand out like a barber shop quartet.

I have no problem with all programs using the same theme, including football. It's part of IU's branding. It's not everything as the IU symbol and signature are a great part of the brand as well. But to want to completely disassociate each sport doesn't make much sense to me.

Reactions: ESalum86

Well, yes, IU is going to try to make money.

Why doesn't it belong on game unis? You have a bad habit of acting like you speak for all IU fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT