ADVERTISEMENT

Is this a Covid thing?

13thman

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Crawfordsville, IN
When I go to the drive thru at McDonald's, I go to the first window and pay. Then I go to the second window and they give me my drink and tell me to pull forward. I look in my mirror and wtf, there's no one behind me. And It's a common simple order.

If you want your beef gray... it's the perfect place

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

edit: Misread your comment.

Reactions: kkott
I kinda figured you were a Chick-fil-a guy.....
I enjoy Chick-fil-a. They do good work. We have never had one near where we lived. I think I have had it 3 times. One time I had it in Bloomington at the Mall before an IU game. The other time was in Virginia when we were picking up my grandson from his Dad. The third time was breakfast with my youngest son after a deer hit his car and I had to pick him up. One thing I really like is when we get our food I always say thanks because I used to work fast food before I went into the ministry. Every time I said thanks at Chick-fil-a the person would say,"It's my pleasure". That is good training.

A bazillion years ago, I worked for a semester at the Mickey D's on 3rd street in B-Town. They did it then. It's got something to do with drive thru time goals. It's like American or United loading up the plane and pushing back from the gate on time, even though they know you'll be sitting out there for over an hour before you actually take off. They can still claim the flight departed on time to make their goal and I'm guessing Ronald's folks can claim their drive thru metrics are still within the goal.

Reactions: outside shooter
A bazillion years ago, I worked for a semester at the Mickey D's on 3rd street in B-Town. They did it then. It's got something to do with drive thru time goals. It's like American or United loading up the plane and pushing back from the gate on time, even though they know you'll be sitting out there for over an hour before you actually take off. They can still claim the flight departed on time to make their goal and I'm guessing Ronald's folks can claim their drive thru metrics are still within the goal.
When I was in Fast Food all of our drive thru windows had a pad where there was a timer. So if somebody had to move off the pad to keep our percentage down then we would do it. Crap runs down hill so when the owner is upset with bad times then it could be bad. I would think during this covid that since drive thru is the vast business they have to do it that way.

When I go to the drive thru at McDonald's, I go to the first window and pay. Then I go to the second window and they give me my drink and tell me to pull forward. I look in my mirror and wtf, there's no one behind me. And It's a common simple order.

There have been two windows at McDonald’s for close to two decades I think.

He didn't say he got fired. Why do you think he did?
Did you notice the wink?

I was giving the village idiot a little poke.

But if you do look at it analytically, It must take some degree of intelligence to get the orders straight at a busy McDs. As a pastor, though, the suckers just lead themselves through your door, you feed them BS, and they leave you money. Not a bad gig, if you have no conscience.

ADVERTISEMENT