ADVERTISEMENT

Is the the lineup set

I still think we get at least one more transfer defection. Guys like Rob, Anthony, and Jerome have all been pretty quiet. I believe Trey committed to stay shortly after Archie was fired. But even he might not feel good about who we’ve brought in and how that affects his playing time and role on the team. I’m sure some of the kids I listed will embrace the challenge, and stay. But I’ll be surprised if one of them doesn’t choose to play elsewhere with the free year. Bates, Johnson, and Kopp are all coming to take minutes away from our current guys. Someone ain’t gonna be down with that.
I said before this last year started that if Lander didn’t come in and take over the PG spot by years end...it would be a very, very bad sign for our team. Many took issue with that saying I was over hyping Lander. Actually I was backing into how mediocre the rest of the candidates were.

So I’ll agree with you...if Rob is still the main PG this next season...that’s a bad sign for this team.

Archie got fired because Lander didn't take over the PG spot. I will die on the hill that if he just played 25 mins a game for a good coach he would have been a serviceable PG last year that had us in the tourney.

Reactions: Ksteph
I still think we get at least one more transfer defection. Guys like Rob, Anthony, and Jerome have all been pretty quiet. I believe Trey committed to stay shortly after Archie was fired. But even he might not feel good about who we’ve brought in and how that affects his playing time and role on the team. I’m sure some of the kids I listed will embrace the challenge, and stay. But I’ll be surprised if one of them doesn’t choose to play elsewhere with the free year. Bates, Johnson, and Kopp are all coming to take minutes away from our current guys. Someone ain’t gonna be down with that.
I think TG and AL both said early they were staying. I agree TG needs a better shot.

Reactions: outside shooter
I think TG and AL both said early they were staying. I agree TG needs a better shot.
Wasn’t there some talk somewhere about bringing in an NBA shooting coach? Is it legal to send college players to some shooting camp? Don’t quarterbacks go to Peyton Manning’s quarterback camp?

6’7 240 lbs Daryl Thomas

6’8 265 lbs Marco Killingsworth

6’8 230 lbs Matt Nover
I get that but I’d wager $$$ that Marco was 6’7” in shoes lol But he severely saved us that one season when DJ went down twice. DJ going down twice that year (5-0 with him) was what helped get rid of Davis.

Archie got fired because Lander didn't take over the PG spot. I will die on the hill that if he just played 25 mins a game for a good coach he would have been a serviceable PG last year that had us in the tourney.
That still wouldn’t have helped overcome the poor 3 point and FT shooting of the rest of the team.

Because that’s what us couch coaches do on a cesspool message board in the off-season. If you want to post pics of boobs instead, please do so. Or if you don’t like the topic, don’t open it
I like the idea of pictures of boobs , but you can’t really determine who will start until you see how the new offense works , and how the different players play together . Hopefully there isn’t a set lineup , but the starting lineup is determined by who is playing the best ball at that time . No player is entitled to start or playing time , that should be determined by who is playing the best that game .

Reactions: birdforbogey
Good words "no one is owed a starting position". Everyone wants a fair chance and if they believe that IU offers that, players will come.

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT