ADVERTISEMENT

Is the the lineup set

We have bigs? Love TJD. Race was average at best. Duncomb is an unknown at this point. Yea, we could use another big.

Yes.

TJD is going to see the bulk of his minutes as the lone big man. Unless you can find a 6’10, 6’11 big who can extend out to the perimeter, it goes against what Woodson is trying to run. Kopp would be the perfect edition to round out the squad.

TJD
Kopp
Stewart
XJ
Phin/Lander/Bates

Would be a solid starting 5 and Kopp has the versatility to play out on the perimeter where you could run Race and TJD together for certain stretches against bigger lineups.

They aren’t teammates and we aren’t recruiting Reid.
Tamar Bates and Efton Reid are teammates at IMG Academy, and IU is not on his list, but could be, if Tamar could convince him to consider joining him at IU. Reid has been on and off on a number of schools, and he and his mom just can't seem to make their minds. Maybe IU is the answer.

Kopp is only 6’7
How tall was Daryl Thomas, Marco Killingsworth or Matt Nover (if you want a center example with less bulk)? Height isn't the only way to measure a player.

I'll take an explosive smaller player with range over a bigger slower player.

How tall was Daryl Thomas, Marco Killingsworth or Matt Nover (if you want a center example with less bulk)? Height isn't the only way to measure a player.

He's a good player. But it would be nice if he was big enough to be a rebounder.

Reactions: Lucy01
Tamar Bates and Efton Reid are teammates at IMG Academy, and IU is not on his list, but could be, if Tamar could convince him to consider joining him at IU. Reid has been on and off on a number of schools, and he and his mom just can't seem to make their minds. Maybe IU is the answer.
No, they aren’t teammates. Reid is on IMG’s graduate team and Tamar is on IMG’s high school team.

No, they aren’t teammates. Reid is on IMG’s graduate team and Tamar is on IMG’s high school team.
Teammates, schoolmates, programmates. They play basketball at the same school. It's like Varsity and JV teams in High School, they probably know each other, and maybe even play together, at times, and may even be friends. It could still happen, if they are close friends. Don't write it off, just because they don't play official games on the same team.

I like this guy:

He or John Harrar formerly of p$u can both run the floor and do the hard work down low...

Pohto has the greatest upside of the two... Harrar fills a short term need...

Kopp is a good shooter (and I wouldn't be at all unhappy to see him end up here) ; you can Never have too many good shooters...; but...., you have to be able to play Defense and rebound the ball first before you ever get the chance to shoot it....

Last edited:

6’7 240 lbs Daryl Thomas

6’8 265 lbs Marco Killingsworth

6’8 230 lbs Matt Nover

Reactions: 76-1
would be nice but isn’t happening. Also think we’re set and in really good shape. Woodson has absolutely killed it. I think top four in the league is a real possibility next year.

We still have one Scholarship to give...

It'll either be Kopp (SF shooter from NW) or whoevers next in line after him... 🐿

Exciting times for INDIANA Basketball! 🏀😎🇺🇸🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

All indications now point to Kopp... 🏀

One things for sure and for certain we should have some shooters out there next season... 😀

Mike Woodson just cost me a case of Laphroaig but I'll seriously consider forgiving him If we win the Big Ten during his 1st season as Head Coach at INDIANA University... *((hey..., if you set low expectations.., you get similar results))😉

As a certain poster might say and now Mike Woodson can: "My Team Is On The Floor"

😀🇺🇸🏀

I could see Galloway, lander and Leal struggling to get minutes.
Stewart, Bates, Johnson and rp will be ahead of them.

Reactions: Beorik
I could see Galloway, lander and Leal struggling to get minutes.
Stewart, Bates, Johnson and rp will be ahead of them.
I would really like Galloway to take a leap. If he can shoot from outside, it would make his drives to the rim more valuable.

Reactions: 76-1
It would surprise me if RP leaves. I say this due to Fife's comments about making him an NBA-level defender.
I don't see RP leaving either, at least for this year. RP genuinely seems to like IU and Bloomington by all accounts. He's a year from graduation and still should see decent minutes this year. After he gets his degree that may be a different story though.

If someone leaves I'm guessing it's Hunter. Kopp and Hunter are similar players but Kopp seems to be more well-rounded.

It would surprise me if RP leaves. I say this due to Fife's comments about making him an NBA-level defender.
What? Who doesn't want to be "NBA" anything?
Jacob Young has "NBA level speed". He may make it yet.

IU has 2 good rebounders plus Duncomb and Geronimo. Rebounding has been pretty good.
Right, but I was talking about 1 guy who could rebound and shoot. The ideal would be that at any given time we have 4 guys on the court who can shoot 3's and 2 guys on the court who can really rebound.

Maybe we play three guards at the same time?
PG- RP, KL
SG- XJ, Tamar Bates
SG- PS, TG, AL
SF- Kopp, Hunter, Geronimo
PF- TJD, Race, Duncomb

Maybe we play three guards at the same time?
PG- RP, KL
SG- XJ, Tamar Bates
SG- PS, TG, AL
SF- Kopp, Hunter, Geronimo
PF- TJD, Race, Duncomb
No way Rob will be starting if he is were in big trouble. XJ will be the starting point. Also you have Galloway ahead of Leal, Galloway shot 18% last year from deep he is easily number 13 on the bench right now.

No way Rob will be starting if he is were in big trouble. XJ will be the starting point. Also you have Galloway ahead of Leal, Galloway shot 18% last year from deep he is easily number 13 on the bench right now.

I said before this last year started that if Lander didn’t come in and take over the PG spot by years end...it would be a very, very bad sign for our team. Many took issue with that saying I was over hyping Lander. Actually I was backing into how mediocre the rest of the candidates were.

So I’ll agree with you...if Rob is still the main PG this next season...that’s a bad sign for this team.

I still think we get at least one more transfer defection. Guys like Rob, Anthony, and Jerome have all been pretty quiet. I believe Trey committed to stay shortly after Archie was fired. But even he might not feel good about who we’ve brought in and how that affects his playing time and role on the team. I’m sure some of the kids I listed will embrace the challenge, and stay. But I’ll be surprised if one of them doesn’t choose to play elsewhere with the free year. Bates, Johnson, and Kopp are all coming to take minutes away from our current guys. Someone ain’t gonna be down with that.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT