ADVERTISEMENT

Is the Software Here Still Glitchy?

MyTeamIsOnTheFloor

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2001
Duckburg
The "auto" refresh was just erasing a not-yet-posted message. Now there are at least 2 whole threads missing.

tenor.gif

Hey .... wait a minute ... I think something ELSE is happening.

If someone is capable of starting a border thread with genuine content, go for it.
What criteria is used to determine whether something is “genuine” for the mods? Given all of the snark on the board it seems that may be difficult, at least if done objectively and fairly that is. Maybe you can provide some guidelines so that we can all play within the rules & expect impartiality, at least from a mods that have interest in moderating impartially…

What criteria is used to determine whether something is “genuine” for the mods? Given all of the snark on the board it seems that may be difficult, at least if done objectively and fairly that is. Maybe you can provide some guidelines so that we can all play within the rules & expect impartiality, at least from a mods that have interest in moderating impartially…
Before you hit post, read what you wrote, but imagine it was written from a liberal point of view, but in the same style and at the same level. Ask yourself, "is McM going to go off on a rager over this?" If so, do better. If not, post it.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Ohio Guy
Me too and linked the nbc article
But you couldn't do it without making it a troll job.

I listed multiple issues that had been raised.
But you couldn't do it without making it a whine about the mods post.

McM wanted content. Prove you're capable. Start a border thread with only content. No snark, no insults. Just content.

McM wanted content. Prove you're capable. Start a border thread with only content. No snark, no insults. Just content.
you can't bring me down bitch. my deals are poppin and IT'S WHITE BOY SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

Guidelines? They don't used guidelines.

Whenever they see a thread they don't like, they delete it. Posters, too.

There are no stinking guidelines.

Reactions: 76-1 and jet812
If someone is capable of starting a border thread with genuine content, go for it.

Well, which is it young fella? You want I should use "genuine content," or you want I should do it without what you hayseeds call "snark," and "insults"?

169677.gif

Long long ago a naive new mod tried to address the level of incivility around here. A low bar was set and some basic guidelines were established. It didn't last long, not long at all.

Long long ago a naive new mod tried to address the level of incivility around here. A low bar was set and some basic guidelines were established. It didn't last long, not long at all.

I don’t think civility is the issue. I think goat has it with content. Now defining content is proving challenging but perhaps we are on the right track

A board full of polite yabbuts devoid off content is a shit board.

Reactions: DANC
I don’t think civility is the issue. I think goat has it with content. Now defining content is proving challenging but perhaps we are on the right track

Be careful what you ask for.

That post reminded of Lucy. Where is the rascal??

They go hand in hand. 76 tried to start yet another border thread, but he started with an attacking, hacky OP, and Hickory immediately responded with a yabbut, which you immediately responded to with a personal attack. An interesting link with a few comments about the content of the link, and perhaps a question or two for further discussion, that could start a good thread. A link combined with "See how dumb the other guys are?" will only lead to the same shit over and over.

Did you even try, though?

They go hand in hand. 76 tried to start yet another border thread, but he started with an attacking, hacky OP, and Hickory immediately responded with a yabbut, which you immediately responded to with a personal attack. An interesting link with a few comments about the content of the link, and perhaps a question or two for further discussion, that could start a good thread. A link combined with "See how dumb the other guys are?" will only lead to the same shit over and over.
But what about the border??

Reactions: 76-1
Be careful what you ask for.
See how dumb the other side is defines the board. I’m not sure how you get away from that.

But I do agree content and civility go hand and hand. Like court. Make your argument in a civil fashion and have support for it.

See how dumb the other side is defines the board. I’m not sure how you get away from that.

But I do agree content and civility go hand and hand. Like court. Make your argument in a civil fashion and have support for it.
"My position is correct" and "You're an idiot" often mean the exact same thing, but they rarely lead to the same level of discourse.

Just an observation... note the people all up in arms about the threads from a "conservative" being pulled; now look for the people raising hell over the threads from a "liberal" that stoll deleted.
Stoll is even deleting posts that aren't even offensive, just because he doesn't like the poster. No one is whining. It's almost like the liberals and conservatives on this forum aren't exactly the same, and only one side is stocked full of whiny bitches.

Reactions: UncleMark
Stoll is even deleting posts that aren't even offensive, just because he doesn't like the poster. No one is whining. It's almost like the liberals and conservatives on this forum aren't exactly the same, and only one side is stocked full of whiny bitches.
Unfortunately I see a lot of whiny bitching out of a certain mod

Nah, libs just don’t mind being subjugated little bitches…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT