ADVERTISEMENT

Is the expectation that the big 4 star from Arizona signs here??

td75

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2003
What is the expectation surrounding this kid? He apparently had a kick ass visit when he and his mom were in town.

If Luke Haggard gets graded at three stars and we land the 4 star from out West, this class would improve its overall ranking. I wonder by how much?

Any other late commitments??

Reactions: vesuvius13
What is the expectation surrounding this kid? He apparently had a kick ass visit when he and his mom were in town.

If Luke Haggard gets graded at three stars and we land the 4 star from out West, this class would improve its overall ranking. I wonder by how much?

Harris?

Looking more like CU - Colorado at this point but it ain’t over yet.

It is pretty hard for me to imagine we can get the AZ kid. That is a very long way from home making it very difficult for the family to make any games. I would not want my kid to do that. But you never know.

either you have to get on a plane or you don't.

once you have to board a plane, incremental distance is somewhat irrelevant.

i've driven Btown to south Fla and AZ on to Vegas and LA, and parents aren't driving that from either location.

unfortunately Btown isn't an easy gameday drive for even much of the population of the state, which is why if we want good attendance at games, we need to make things affordable for everyone in south central Indiana.

geography is not our friend other than the beauty of the place.

we have grossly worse demographics and geography working for us, than even most other B10 college towns.

PU and IU are 13 and 14 in the B10 for geography, demographics, and "home team" area base.

It is pretty hard for me to imagine we can get the AZ kid. That is a very long way from home making it very difficult for the family to make any games. I would not want my kid to do that. But you never know.

The answer to that problem is……… airplanes.

You ever driven from Key West to Indiana? Lol
Well no. I have from Miami though where we get our furthest recruits in Florida. Don’t remember any recruits from Key West ( I have driven to KW from Miami though). Miami to Bloomington is about 16 hrs. Phoenix to Bloomington is about 24 hours. 50% longer, and that extra distance is a lot to pile on a long drive.

I think he genuinely liked/s IU, but seems like Western school has an edge. Would be a great surprise get if It works out.

A lot of it comes down to the affluency of the parents. Plane tickets to Arizona are doubly as expensive as to Orlando. When you factor in siblings and grandparents, traveling to games could easily cost you $25k. I'm doing it for two, while mostly driving, and I'm probably $5k in per season.

This is a 3 team race.

It's us, Colorado and UCLA.

No one knows where he is signing, and if they say they do, they are just guessing. He has had good visits to all 3 campuses, so it's really who he feels most comfortable with.

That, no one really knows yet.

This is a 3 team race.

It's us, Colorado and UCLA.

No one knows where he is signing, and if they say they do, they are just guessing. He has had good visits to all 3 campuses, so it's really who he feels most comfortable with.

That, no one really knows yet.

Listen to Baller23. This guy knows his stuff. You want the inside scoop on the program, this is the guy right here.
He has more connections than any of the writers for either site.
He likely knows the top candidates for the OC as well.

Listen to Baller23. This guy knows his stuff. You want the inside scoop on the program, this is the guy right here.
He has more connections than any of the writers for either site.
He likely knows the top candidates for the OC as well.

All the guys reporting on the recruitment are saying he doesn't know where he's going and that it's a three team race.

Just because I pay attention to what the national guys say about various recruitments say about players that we're in on doesn't mean you have to be a douche.

All the guys reporting on the recruitment are saying he doesn't know where he's going and that it's a three team race.

Just because I pay attention to what the national guys say about various recruitments say about players that we're in on doesn't mean you have to be a douche.

I don't know what BRCB's intent is/was..., but I can tell that from my personal perspective, I very much have always appreciated your posts and don't recall your having ever been wrong in regards to a recruiting topic...

Actually, I don't recall your having been wrong about any topic...

You've clearly had better information than most of us over, at minimum, the past couple of years.

So..., from me anyway... : Thanks for posting and Please keep doing so...

Your insights Are appreciated.

Last edited:
I don't know BRCB's intent is/was..., but I can tell that from my personal perspective, I very much have always appreciated your posts and don't recall your having ever been wrong in regards to a recruiting topic...

Actually, I don't recall your having been wrong about any topic...

You've clearly had better information than most of us over, at minimum, the past couple of years.

So..., from me anyway... : Thanks for posting and Please keep doing so...

Your insights Are appreciated.

I'm sure I've been wrong about a lot of things, just ask my wife. Lol.

I can say with 100% accuracy that Harris loves our staff. He thought our statue to George Taliaferro was amazing. He loves our staff and had a great visit.

But he also had a equally great visit to Colorado. He connects well to that staff. Same with UCLA.

There's been talk that he's actually already signed and is announcing at the all star game he's playing in (I can't remember if it's the army all American or underarmer) like David Bell did last year. No one truly knows what he's doing yet.

I'm sure I've been wrong about a lot of things, just ask my wife. Lol.

I can say with 100% accuracy that Harris loves our staff. He thought our statue to George Taliaferro was amazing. He loves our staff and had a great visit.

But he also had a equally great visit to Colorado. He connects well to that staff. Same with UCLA.

There's been talk that he's actually already signed and is announcing at the all star game he's playing in (I can't remember if it's the army all American or underarmer) like David Bell did last year. No one truly knows what he's doing yet.

You read me completely wrong!
It was a compliment. I’m telling people to pay attention to your posts because you know what is going on in the program. I’ve read your stuff and you have inside knowledge. I’m not going to speculate your connections but between you and Johnsy, you both have better info than any of the recruiting folks. Trust me....it was not a slight. I was simply telling people to pay attention when you post.

You read me completely wrong!
It was a compliment. I’m telling people to pay attention to your posts because you know what is going on in the program. I’ve read your stuff and you have inside knowledge. I’m not going to speculate your connections but between you and Johnsy, you both have better info than any of the recruiting folks. Trust me....it was not a slight. I was simply telling people to pay attention when you post.

I don’t think he believes you. Probably because you aren’t the most cordial person on the board. Hard to take your posts at face value. More cynical as we all know

I don’t think he believes you. Probably because you aren’t the most cordial person on the board. Hard to take your posts at face value. More cynical as we all know

Fair enough. I’m critical of our sports when I think it is warranted. I try not to be critical of other posters unless they go into attack mode.
I think football is in pretty good shape. Basketball? Not convinced but we’ll see.
Having an opinion about a team or coach should not produce a bunch of attacks by posters. I stick up for IU as well, like when this clown Vol fan Ford man comes on here and spews his nonsense.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT