ADVERTISEMENT

is Romeo hurt again ?

This is a joke right? Comparing his mentality to Kobe should get you jail time.
No, he's dispassionate, all business, tried to kill you when he was in HS. Problem was, he's a walking injury (maybe related to Rob and they just don't know) He could very well be a late bloomer like an O'Neal

It’s only halftime!
That guy has never watched a NBA game and has no idea 3 starters for the Cs are in street clothes. Including 2 all stars that play Romeo's position. He keeps hitting these wide open threes and he might just get traded! Hate to see him go!

That guy has never watched a NBA game and has no idea 3 starters for the Cs are in street clothes. Including 2 all stars that play Romeo's position. He keeps hitting these wide open threes and he might just get traded! Hate to see him go!
Just admit that Romeo stole your girl and your feelings are hurt. This makes more sense than your BS about Romeo and his NBA future. 😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: MG80
Romeo with 13 points so far.... his career must be over 🤷‍♂️
To be fair, he played 37 minutes and still only averaged around 0.89 fantasy points per minute.

Which is a huge increase to what he normally averages around a really bad .55 fantasy points per game (because he uncharacteristically got two steal and two blocks today).

Anyway being a scoring guard and putting up .55 fpts per minute won't get you a fourth year most likely. He's going to need to get that around 1.

To be fair, he played 37 minutes and still only averaged around 0.89 fantasy points per minute.

Which is a huge increase to what he normally averages around a really bad .55 fantasy points per game (because he uncharacteristically got two steal and two blocks today).

Anyway being a scoring guard and putting up .55 fpts per minute won't get you a fourth year most likely. He's going to need to get that around 1.
Fantasy points per minute? What the heck? Is that a stat people look at? Lol. Just giving you a hard time.

Lanford in my opinion played well the last couple games. Defensively he looked fine to me. Offensively I don’t know how anyone on the Celtics average more than 10 points per game outside of Tatum. He was their whole offensive focus. Tatum is clearly their best player but I believe you have to have a bit more balance than what they had. Their offense was Tatum and pick one other running a 2 man game with 3 others standing around.

I personally believe and have always believed that Langford would be around in the nba a while IF he can somehow avoid injuries. I believe he has the talent to be a 10 year starter.

To defend Cav though, why all the posts at him when Lanford finally has a couple ok games? Where were these when Langford put up like 5 straight games of 0’s?

Hopefully Langford can build on this and stay healthy going into next year. The Celtics badly need him to be a good defender and a solid shooter to round out their team.

Fantasy points per minute? What the heck? Is that a stat people look at? Lol. Just giving you a hard time.

Lanford in my opinion played well the last couple games. Defensively he looked fine to me. Offensively I don’t know how anyone on the Celtics average more than 10 points per game outside of Tatum. He was their whole offensive focus. Tatum is clearly their best player but I believe you have to have a bit more balance than what they had. Their offense was Tatum and pick one other running a 2 man game with 3 others standing around.

I personally believe and have always believed that Langford would be around in the nba a while IF he can somehow avoid injuries. I believe he has the talent to be a 10 year starter.

To defend Cav though, why all the posts at him when Lanford finally has a couple ok games? Where were these when Langford put up like 5 straight games of 0’s?

Hopefully Langford can build on this and stay healthy going into next year. The Celtics badly need him to be a good defender and a solid shooter to round out their team.

Oh yeah it's a stat that only fantasy players look at (and it's a simple stat of taking fantasy points by minutes played, something a 1st grader could do) but I like looking at fantasy stats because they try to take everything that accounts for a good possession into play.

So it's a weighted stat.

Anyway the 'good' NBA players average over .9 fpts per minute.

Guys that don't stick around long are where Romeo has been so far in his career which is not good, especially for a scoring guard.

If he can turn up the heat defensively than that will show in his fpts p min like it did tonight with the two steals and two blocks.

For the record, Race Thompson tends to be right there with TJD in Ave fpts per minute because he gets a ton of steals, blocks and rebounds.

It's really those two and then a massive gulf, which is why I think it's going to be difficult to keep him from getting starters minutes.

But I digress.

Reactions: Beorik
Oh yeah it's a stat that only fantasy players look at (and it's a simple stat of taking fantasy points by minutes played, something a 1st grader could do) but I like looking at fantasy stats because they try to take everything that accounts for a good possession into play.

So it's a weighted stat.

Anyway the 'good' NBA players average over .9 fpts per minute.

Guys that don't stick around long are where Romeo has been so far in his career which is not good, especially for a scoring guard.

If he can turn up the heat defensively than that will show in his fpts p min like it did tonight with the two steals and two blocks.

For the record, Race Thompson tends to be right there with TJD in Ave fpts per minute because he gets a ton of steals, blocks and rebounds.

It's really those two and then a massive gulf, which is why I think it's going to be difficult to keep him from getting starters minutes.

But I digress.
Completely agree with you on Race. I don’t see how someone knocks him out of the starting lineup. Imo he was our second best player by a mile last year and it would not shock me to see it again this year. He brings a lot to the table including toughness!

Sorry. Now everyone can get back to debating if Romeo has 1 or 5 years left in his career.

Reactions: TommyCracker

Romeo has been hurt more than he has been healthy. He has the talent to be in the NBA if he can remain healthy, I know that is a big if, but to totally dismiss him as a NBA talent is asinine especially when it has been during a Pandemic year. Everything in the whole world has been out of whack. If he can stay healthy and have consistent playing time to build his confidence then I do expect him having a decent NBA career.

Romeo has been hurt more than he has been healthy. He has the talent to be in the NBA if he can remain healthy, I know that is a big if, but to totally dismiss him as a NBA talent is asinine especially when it has been during a Pandemic year. Everything in the whole world has been out of whack. If he can stay healthy and have consistent playing time to build his confidence then I do expect him having a decent NBA career.
No1 dismissed him as an nba talent. Actually, I think me and maybe 2 or 3 others were the only one to even criticize him. Now that he sucks, and has played his last game as a Celtic, people are changing the narrative to he is good enough to play in the nba.

the guy is a lottery pick, your damn sure right he has enough talent to be an nba player. He is a bust though, and will be traded a few times and then get released.

last game for Romeo in a Celtics uniform.

No1 dismissed him as an nba talent. Actually, I think me and maybe 2 or 3 others were the only one to even criticize him. Now that he sucks, and has played his last game as a Celtic, people are changing the narrative to he is good enough to play in the nba.

the guy is a lottery pick, your damn sure right he has enough talent to be an nba player. He is a bust though, and will be traded a few times and then get released.

👏👏👏

I am not sure it was his las game as a Celtic but you could be right. If he wants to try to start then getting traded might be his best bet.

Tatum is clearly their best offensive player and if you want to give him room to operate then you need shooters around him. Langford can’t play the point and Brown is clearly one of the shooters around Tatum. That leaves one spot and the Celtics have Fournier who is 6’7” and a career 38% 3 point shooter. Plus they have Nesmith who came in and shot 37% from 3.

To add to the issues of Lanford playing a lot for the Celtics is Smart who is also a streaky shooter at best and can’t really be on the floor with Lanford or spacing becomes a bigger issue.

In short I believe Romeo would have a better shot with another team unless he can get his 3 pt shooting up above 35%. If he can do that he would be a perfect piece around Tatum.

Reactions: jimmygoiu

best thing that could happen to him is to get traded to much depth in Boston at his position never really understood why thy drafted him, then he needs to bust his ass and play with some urgency , he has the skills to hang around and be a role player if he cam maximize his potential.

Reactions: Beorik
Pacers need a solid defender! Romeo with 17 pts, good D, and finally getting some playing time. I hope they trade him, as he can find a 20+ minute role on many other NBA teams.

Last edited:
Brad Stevens singles out Romeo Langford for praise, says he was "great" tonight and that he impressed Stevens with his play over the past few games, in particular. Said he showed he's got the potential to be a factor going forward.

Reactions: MG80 and Crayfish57
Brad Stevens singles out Romeo Langford for praise, says he was "great" tonight and that he impressed Stevens with his play over the past few games, in particular. Said he showed he's got the potential to be a factor going forward.
Gotta say, your signature cracks me up.

Players typically improve the most in their first off season. Last year there was no real off season for teams that went deep in playoffs. He has an off season to concentrate on his game offensively for the first time and get stronger physically instead of rehab an injury.

Excited for Romeo. He earned a small role and playing time with defense and took advantage of the injuries that allowed him to step in and produce in next man up scenario. He has improved in each game.

Man, the homer view of these last few posts are absurd. LOL. he improved in each game? He got a DNP three games ago. The last 2???? LOL

Man, the homer view of these last few posts are absurd. LOL. he improved in each game? He got a DNP three games ago. The last 2???? LOL
Caught...again. Romeo played in the last 4 games of the series, scoring 17, 9, 6, and 4 points. Romeo's performance improved each game, and he earned more minutes with each game. Brad Stevens complimented Romeo's play after the last game, saying he played "great" and was "impressed" with his play. As I stated before, my hope is that he is traded to a team where he will get minutes. RL played this entire season as a 21 year old, and will only get better. Best bet I ever made!

Last edited:
Reactions: BraedenCB
Caught...again. Romeo played in the last 4 games of the series, scoring 17, 9, 6, and 4 points. Romeo's performance improved each game, and he earned more minutes with each game. Brad Stevens complimented Romeo's play after the last game, saying he played "great" and was "impressed" with his play.
Lol watch Steven’s trade him. You must be a horrible negotiator, for sure not in sales.
Yes, you caught me jimmy! He got his DNP the first game before kemba got hurt. You know, when they had a shot in hell’s chance to win the series.

Haha he had 17 points. Cavanagh I knew you would spew this into negativity you just really don’t want Romeo to have success and it will kill you if he does, you act like you know everything man hasn’t played a whole season in the nba nor has he had an actual off season until this one coming up *knocks on wood* not a bust.

I was rooting like a madman for Romeo last night. I hit a same game parlay of Nets 11+, Durant u30.5 and Romeo o6.5. +541

Romeo for MVP

Now that Stevens is the GM, maybe RL will be traded, or not? BS said a lot of good things about RL last night, so maybe...

Lol watch Steven’s trade him. You must be a horrible negotiator, for sure not in sales.
Yes, you caught me jimmy! He got his DNP the first game before kemba got hurt. You know, when they had a shot in hell’s chance to win the series.
I deal in facts, not uninformed opinions that are based on incorrect assumptions. I try to state facts and not make up results. Research is your friend.

I don't get the hate, he didnt have a great career but also didn't do anything to cause problems as far as I know. I can kind of understand not playing in the NIT. He hasn't been a problem in the NBA or causing embarrassment to IU .
Key word didn’t do anything!

So Romeo averaged 16.5 ppg and garnered 2nd Team All Big 10, all with a torn ligament in his thumb in his single season at IU. Only two IU freshmen ever scored more. I’m sorry he didn’t do enough for you. I hope he does well as he continues to pursue his profession.
and no player ever shot a worse three point percentage in IU history. I can play with stats too. We didnt make the tourney and Morgan was coming off an All Big 10 Jr. Season. Romeo, and his poor shooting, were a major reason we failed to make the tourney.

Scoring points on shitty percentages isnt cool, or something to brag about, it leads to losing. Ask Woody about how that worked out with Mello.

• Haha
Reactions: LifeLong_IU77
and no player ever shot a worse three point percentage in IU history. I can play with stats too. We didnt make the tourney and Morgan was coming off an All Big 10 Jr. Season. Romeo, and his poor shooting, were a major reason we failed to make the tourney.

Scoring points on shitty percentages isnt cool, or something to brag about, it leads to losing. Ask Woody about how that worked out with Mello.
Losing 12 of 13 was probably the actual reason for not making the tourney.

Getting a little crazy here. Just so everyone is aware and in case you actually believe what Cav says. Langford is absolutely not the worst 3 pt shooter ever in IU history. Hell Franklin shot worse than Langford as a freshman and then turned around and shot 42% as a sophomore.

Also for the record, Franklin’s overall fg % this year was 42.9% and he was considered a breakout star prior to his injury. Langford shot 44.8% overall with a hand that needed surgery.

Again I am not a Langford fan boy here. I readily acknowledge that Langford didn’t live up to the incredible and frankly unrealistic expectations that he had coming out of high school but he had a pretty darn good year nonetheless for a freshman.

Heck in my humble opinion, if Lander had a year like Langford’s freshman year last year we make the tournament easy.

A big reason, thats funny. You know if he was doing as bad as you apparently think he has acting like the coach he would of been benched but he wasn’t. Romeo scored 16 a game as a fresman if thats not good than I don’t know what it to you. Overall he was shooting 44% from the field as a freshman, three point you can take the hand injury under consideration. His three point shot got better towards the end of the year also with the injury. Btw there was more than one player on the team if you are trying to spin Romeo as the only reason and a whole coaching staff.

I am sure him having a hand injury did not affect his shooting. 🤦‍♂️

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT