ADVERTISEMENT

is Romeo hurt again ?

You are betting that Romeo will only play in the NBA for 4 years , and I am saying he will be in the NBA for a fifth year (plus more IMO). $100 you are on .
You literally just said 7-10 years. I said he wouldn’t be in the nba in 3 years. 5 years is fine for me. 6th year in the nba you win, if not I win. 100 bucks?

You literally just said 7-10 years. I said he wouldn’t be in the nba in 3 years. 5 years is fine for me. 6th year in the nba you win, if not I win. 100 bucks?
You wrote, on page one of this thread, that Romeo would NOT be in the NBA in 3 years. If Romeo plays a fifth year in the NBA, I win. deal

Last edited:
You wrote, on page one of this thread, that Romeo would NOT be in the NBA in 3 years. If Romeo plays a fifth year in the NBA, I win. deal
6 is in between what we both said, you are new to this betting thing aren’t you. It isn’t like a toddler game and you get to just have your way if you scream louder.

so have some courage and back what you say, don’t try to back out now.

6 is in between what we both said, you are new to this betting thing aren’t you. It isn’t like a toddler game and you get to just have your way if you scream louder.

so have some courage and back what you say, don’t try to back out now.
lol you are caught again...

Reactions: Fpeaugh2
lol you are caught again...
I hate stupid people. I say 5 u say 7 (actually 7-10) and then act like I’m trying to pull a fast one when wanting to bet 6.

Caught again? you should stick to peegs you sound like a guy that can’t think for himself, needs constant rainbows about basketball, and can’t wipe his own ass. I despise those people.

Reactions: Lucy01
Gonna be hard for Fatjohns to write a fluff piece about defense after that one. 140 (112 after 3 and then they benched the big 3), yikes.

Romeo has to try to not pick up stats like he does. How do you play 26 mins and get one rebound and one assist. He just runs to the corner, and puts no effort in on the glass.

Romeo starting tonight
He might be around longer than we think, he has a killer mentality like a Kobe. I don't care for his time here, he was always hurt, but you can't deny he has an NBA skillset. That's why he went, they draft on potential ... ala Jermaine O'Neal in a few years

He might be around longer than we think, he has a killer mentality like a Kobe. I don't care for his time here, he was always hurt, but you can't deny he has an NBA skillset. That's why he went, they draft on potential ... ala Jermaine O'Neal in a few years

This is a joke right? Comparing his mentality to Kobe should get you jail time.

I make predictions about all things related to IU basketball if you haven’t noticed. This prediction, has been about as right as you can get.

Would you call the person who said he would never crack the line up for the Celtics in his first two years foolish now? Cuz many folks said not only would he be starting by now, but be an above average player . I am guessing you were the latter. But I as the former, am the fool. Lol.
Did you predict the injuries that have played a major role in his limited time/production? Or are you speaking as if they didn't happen as a way to make it appear you were right? Give it time.

Your last paragraph was the best…… but I was saying romeo sucked while he played at IU. You know, before we missed the tourney in one of the most underachieving teams in history.

Hindsight says Archie had a lot to do with that, but Romeo sure didn’t help the cause. I took lots of hell during the season. I said at that point he would be a bust. People said he would easily be a nba starter and some said all star potential.

No need for those folks to argue with me over the last year, he has sucked. I just know they read these topics, and that gives me a bit of pleasure! Should I let it die? Probably, but that’s not me. :).
Oh...so you are one the guys bitching about an 18 year old playing hurt to help his team when it was detrimental to his future. Good for you...proud moment

Oh...so you are one the guys bitching about an 18 year old playing hurt to help his team when it was detrimental to his future. Good for you...proud moment
I don’t want to hear your 18 year old excuse! This Country has been defended by 18 year olds! Excuses don’t pay the bills!

Reactions: Cavanagh.13

Romeo sat out the NIT to help his draft stock and the team won a few games. He quit on his team, try stating the facts.
Did you predict the injuries that have played a major role in his limited time/production? Or are you speaking as if they didn't happen as a way to make it appear you were right? Give it time.
Yes, actually I did. I said he would come up lame and leave the bubble early and it would take over the reason why he sucks. Just like the injury narrative would be the excuse for his nba career.

Thank you, you just proved me right on all accounts, god IU fans are predictably stupid. Such homers. Totally different than Boston fans, but then again, Boston demands excellence. Hopefully IU will again someday. I won’t let the loser mentality sneak in under my watch!

peegs could use a blind follower, hit him up!

• Love
Romeo sat out the NIT to help his draft stock and the team won a few games. He quit on his team, try stating the facts.

Yes, actually I did. I said he would come up lame and leave the bubble early and it would take over the reason why he sucks. Just like the injury narrative would be the excuse for his nba career.

Thank you, you just proved me right on all accounts, god IU fans are predictably stupid. Such homers. Totally different than Boston fans, but then again, Boston demands excellence. Hopefully IU will again someday. I won’t let the loser mentality sneak in under my watch!

peegs could use a blind follower, hit him up!
He tore the thumb ligament in game #6....good try though

He tore the thumb ligament in game #6....good try though

Why did he not sit out at game 6, why did he wait till the NIT?

Why did he wear a brace on his hand in HS, when he was god greatest gift to southern Indiana? Oh never mind, that was the excuse for why he wasn’t a good shooter in HS. That would improve at IU, he was a warrior for playing through that in HS.

After 5 years of the injury excuse, maybe he is just soft…. Ever thought of that? Larry birds fingers, wrist, and back were all way worse than romeos at the same point of their career.

Comprehension goes a long way, then try using some! Go to Peegs!
You brought soldiers into this when I was talking about a basketball player who happens to be an 18 year old kid. One has nothing to do with the other. Try to follow along.

Why did he not sit out at game 6, why did he wait till the NIT?

Why did he wear a brace on his hand in HS, when he was god greatest gift to southern Indiana? Oh never mind, that was the excuse for why he wasn’t a good shooter in HS. That would improve at IU, he was a warrior for playing through that in HS.

After 5 years of the injury excuse, maybe he is just soft…. Ever thought of that? Larry birds fingers, wrist, and back were all way worse than romeos at the same point of their career.
Seems pretty clear that he was trying to play through it to help the team. And sitting out the NIT is pretty obvious. Being #65 (or 69,however you want to put it) doesn't hold the same luster as having a chance at #1. So after the team couldn't win anything,and it being much closer to draft time...he sat. He could have sat after game #6 and held his draft stock i.e. Kylie Irving,but he played...and then we ridicule him for not being as good as expected. But if he would have sat after game #6 we would have chastised him for that too. Seems to me you picked a easy scapegoat for your anger. Do better.

Reactions: hoosier roadtrips
Seems pretty clear that he was trying to play through it to help the team. And sitting out the NIT is pretty obvious. Being #65 (or 69,however you want to put it) doesn't hold the same luster as having a chance at #1. So after the team couldn't win anything,and it being much closer to draft time...he sat. He could have sat after game #6 and held his draft stock i.e. Kylie Irving,but he played...and then we ridicule him for not being as good as expected. But if he would have sat after game #6 we would have chastised him for that too. Seems to me you picked a easy scapegoat for your anger. Do better.

btw Romeo was 19 when he played here and turns 22 in October. Just another error on your part from a reply to Lucy.

anyways, we would have had a better opportunity to make the tourney if he did not come. I went to almost every game that year and the offense ran through a sleep walking emotionless Romeo, and his awful shooting. That was the reason we sucked.

Morgan was coming off an all big ten year. Then Romeo and archie made it let’s try to showcase Romeo ball, and fans like you praised IU for it.

Absolutely insane.

• Love
You brought soldiers into this when I was talking about a basketball player who happens to be an 18 year old kid. One has nothing to do with the other. Try to follow along.
No, 18 year old kids defended this Country! You are trying to use age as an excuse! I am not buying what you are selling!

I hate stupid people. I say 5 u say 7 (actually 7-10) and then act like I’m trying to pull a fast one when wanting to bet 6.

Caught again? you should stick to peegs you sound like a guy that can’t think for himself, needs constant rainbows about basketball, and can’t wipe his own ass. I despise those people.
You wrote that Romeo would not play in a season 5 in the NBA, I stated that he would, and more. I took your bet that there would be a season 5, and you changed the rules. I don't despise you, but that is what you wrote on page 1 of this thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: limestonecowboy
btw Romeo was 19 when he played here and turns 22 in October. Just another error on your part from a reply to Lucy.

anyways, we would have had a better opportunity to make the tourney if he did not come. I went to almost every game that year and the offense ran through a sleep walking emotionless Romeo, and his awful shooting. That was the reason we sucked.

Morgan was coming off an all big ten year. Then Romeo and archie made it let’s try to showcase Romeo ball, and fans like you praised IU for it.

Absolutely insane.
And how do you know I "praised" IU for anything? You dont,that's just what you feel makes your argument justified. I see no reason to blame the player is all. One contradiction that puzzles me....if Miller and Romeo were trying to showcase Romeo,would it make sense for him to not put forth effort? The "sleep walking emotionless" comment makes it seem as though you are implying that he didn't try/care. Just curious.

No, 18 year old kids defended this Country! You are trying to use age as an excuse! I am not buying what you are selling!
Again...not the same thing. This is not even a reasonable comparrison.The topic was basketball,and blaming an 18 year old kid when the decisions were being made by adults. If you aren't going to be reasonable,don't comment.

And how do you know I "praised" IU for anything? You dont,that's just what you feel makes your argument justified. I see no reason to blame the player is all. One contradiction that puzzles me....if Miller and Romeo were trying to showcase Romeo,would it make sense for him to not put forth effort? The "sleep walking emotionless" comment makes it seem as though you are implying that he didn't try/care. Just curious.

i am 100% implying he did not put in work and try as hard as he could of. Many many lazy plays. Jogging back on D, not boxing out, lots of standing in the corner.

I documented in detail when it was happening. His work ethic rubbed off on the team. Was probably the laziest team I’ve ever seen play at IU. Easily the most underachieving. Tho Crean and Archie’s final year gave it a run for its money.

Again...not the same thing. This is not even a reasonable comparrison.The topic was basketball,and blaming an 18 year old kid when the decisions were being made by adults. If you aren't going to be reasonable,don't comment.

its Memorial Day dude…. Get over it.

i am 100% implying he did not put in work and try as hard as he could of. Many many lazy plays. Jogging back on D, not boxing out, lots of standing in the corner.

I documented in detail when it was happening. His work ethic rubbed off on the team. Was probably the laziest team I’ve ever seen play at IU. Easily the most underachieving. Tho Crean and Archie’s final year gave it a run for its money.
The season was disappointing...I will give you that without dispute. I also don't think there was any way around that once Hunter was ruled out and Romeo got hurt. Didn't Morgan miss a couple games that year too? I think sometimes our expectations as fans,supercede the realistic outcome. I am guilty as well.

I was saying 18 year olds are mature and he was 19 anyway! You are wrong and you know it. ESAD
Ok...he was 19...lol...still not the point. The point was,why blame the 18 or 19 year old kid,when the decisions were being made by the adults around him?

Reactions: Florida4IU
I don’t want to hear your 18 year old excuse! This Country has been defended by 18 year olds! Excuses don’t pay the bills!
That's not an argument, it's just a loose-leaf anecdote. There have been 16 y/o scientists...hippos kill like 3,000 people a year.

why is everyone still talking about Romeo, get over it babies, he's not going to fvck you

That's not an argument, it's just a loose-leaf anecdote. There have been 16 y/o scientists...hippos kill like 3,000 people a year.

why is everyone still talking about Romeo, get over it babies, he's not going to fvck you
There’s nothing else to talk about, haven’t seen you start a thread.

Reactions: Crayfish57
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT