ADVERTISEMENT

is Romeo hurt again ?

Nope, he is not injured. He had 14 points and 4 rebounds tonight. He had a nice game. All of you who have predicted his NBA demise crack me up. 😂😂😂
Some of us watched the game. To start the second half romeo through the ball to the other team on a pick and roll and acted like it was his teammates fault, drove wildly in the lane and airballed a few lay up attempts, and followed that up with just barely grazing iron on a floater.

I will give you that he almost shot 50%, only had one more TO than assists, and only let Randle back him down with no effort half the time. 100% his best game of the season. Maybe we will see more of stars in street clothes and him an taco getting to hoop in the playoffs. Last year your brother told me he was getting rotation minutes in the bubble and making a name Of himself…..

Anything else you wanna comment on that you have 0 knowledge about?

Reactions: Lucy01
Some of us watched the game. To start the second half romeo through the ball to the other team on a pick and roll and acted like it was his teammates fault, drove wildly in the lane and airballed a few lay up attempts, and followed that up with just barely grazing iron on a floater.

I will give you that he almost shot 50%, only had one more TO than assists, and only let Randle back him down with no effort half the time. 100% his best game of the season. Maybe we will see more of stars in street clothes and him an taco getting to hoop in the playoffs. Last year your brother told me he was getting rotation minutes in the bubble and making a name Of himself…..

Anything else you wanna comment on that you have 0 knowledge about?
So much hate pinned up inside of you over a 20 year old. How sad and pathetic.... As a couch basketball analyst, you do a poor job especially predicting Romeo’s NBA demise when he is still in his second year, which was during a Pandemic.

Reactions: limestonecowboy
So much hate pinned up inside of you over a 20 year old. How sad and pathetic.... As a couch basketball analyst, you do a poor job especially predicting Romeo’s NBA demise when he is still in his second year, which was during a Pandemic.

Romeo will be 22 in a few months and the other 13 lottery picks all average 10 points a game this year other than the other bust, Culver. He is still averaging about double romeos stats.

I watched Romeo from the court multiple times, might do you well to spend some time in a gym. The looking up some stats in your knock off leather recliner isn’t producing the results you might like. By actually watching and understanding the game you are talking about, you might not look like a moron trying to explain things you have no concept of.

You still have not explained why Romeo lives rent free in your head. 😞 He is still young and no one knows how his NBA career is going to turn out. People who say that they do are just acting foolish.

You still have not explained why Romeo lives rent free in your head. 😞 He is still young and no one knows how his NBA career is going to turn out. People who say that they do are just acting foolish.

I make predictions about all things related to IU basketball if you haven’t noticed. This prediction, has been about as right as you can get.

Would you call the person who said he would never crack the line up for the Celtics in his first two years foolish now? Cuz many folks said not only would he be starting by now, but be an above average player . I am guessing you were the latter. But I as the former, am the fool. Lol.

The Celtics are trying to make Romeo look good, so they can trade him!

3 things concerned me before Romeo came to IU, 1. Calipari had him on a all star team before his senior year wouldn't play him at all I think Romeo got mad and quit, 2. the final game of his high school career I think he missed 7 free throws down the stretch and had the ball in his hands for the last shot of the game and got trapped 40 feet from the basket and had no idea what to do, 3. at his announcement ceremony he looked like he had been drugged and slouched in his chair the whole time like he was bored to death. I fear he is not long for the nba hope I'm wrong. He might be the victim of being to good to young.

marv albert is really slipping sad to see people hold on to long I think he announced his retirement at the end of the playoffs

14 min. Your Romeo hate is puzzling my man. Let it go. It is what it is.

was a blow out. Got 2 30 second runs in the first when Marcus smart tweeted his ankle and then a few minutes later when time lord hurt his back.

He does not belong with the big boys.

What I did find funny was during the first half he sat slouched in his chair the entire time. Every other teammate would react to made baskets and cheer on the team. Not Ol Rome. Sat like a statue.

Yep. Play in game tonight. How many minutes do you think he will get?
He got 14 minutes...... He never shows emotion even after throwing down a thunderous dunk. He is what he is but he is still writing his NBA career regardless of the amount of hate you have for him.

He got 14 minutes...... He never shows emotion even after throwing down a thunderous dunk. He is what he is but he is still writing his NBA career regardless of the amount of hate you have for him.
Bet that story is gonna include a DNP tonight unless it becomes a blow out.

Funny the radio silence when my predictions come true…. So why didn’t the lottery pick get any time last night? Surely a man destined for greatness and a long tenure in the NBA would be able to get a few spot minutes on a depleted Celtics roster.

Hell, they picked up Parker off the street and he is seeing double digit minutes.

Reactions: Beorik and Lucy01
Funny the radio silence when my predictions come true…. So why didn’t the lottery pick get any time last night? Surely a man destined for greatness and a long tenure in the NBA would be able to get a few spot minutes on a depleted Celtics roster.

Hell, they picked up Parker off the street and he is seeing double digit minutes.
Parker can score the ball. For him it is defense that is the real problem. I also suspect he is not the greatest of teammates.

I will preface this by saying I have only been on this forum about a year. Since I have been here though, I have really only seen you argue with yourself about Romeo.

I see you spouting nonstop about a guy in the NBA being a bad basketball player and I see others saying he has played appropriately one season so lets see what happens.

I don’t think I have seen a single person say he is destined for greatness. And for what it’s worth I agree with you on that. It’s almost impossible for someone with the injury problems he has had to ever be great. He is going to have to turn the injuries around soon to even have a chance at being good in the NBA.

Lastly, and I am not taking a shot at you here I am seriously curious. Are you proud of accurately predicting that a guy who has been 8-10 in the rotation since he returned from injury was a dnp in a playoff game when almost all teams cut down their rotations? Plus Romeo has been a dnp for about 1/4 of their games anyway before the playoffs. Not exactly what I would call going out on a limb.

If you are truly looking for recognition and acknowledgement, then here you go.

Wow, Cav what a call. I absolutely cannot believe you accurately predicted that Romeo would be a dnp in the Celtics first playoff game. Your basketball knowledge is so far superior to everyone else’s, I believe it’s just a matter of time before an NBA team makes you an offer to be a scout.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
I will preface this by saying I have only been on this forum about a year. Since I have been here though, I have really only seen you argue with yourself about Romeo.

I see you spouting nonstop about a guy in the NBA being a bad basketball player and I see others saying he has played appropriately one season so lets see what happens.

I don’t think I have seen a single person say he is destined for greatness. And for what it’s worth I agree with you on that. It’s almost impossible for someone with the injury problems he has had to ever be great. He is going to have to turn the injuries around soon to even have a chance at being good in the NBA.

Lastly, and I am not taking a shot at you here I am seriously curious. Are you proud of accurately predicting that a guy who has been 8-10 in the rotation since he returned from injury was a dnp in a playoff game when almost all teams cut down their rotations? Plus Romeo has been a dnp for about 1/4 of their games anyway before the playoffs. Not exactly what I would call going out on a limb.

If you are truly looking for recognition and acknowledgement, then here you go.

Wow, Cav what a call. I absolutely cannot believe you accurately predicted that Romeo would be a dnp in the Celtics first playoff game. Your basketball knowledge is so far superior to everyone else’s, I believe it’s just a matter of time before an NBA team makes you an offer to be a scout.

Your last paragraph was the best…… but I was saying romeo sucked while he played at IU. You know, before we missed the tourney in one of the most underachieving teams in history.

Hindsight says Archie had a lot to do with that, but Romeo sure didn’t help the cause. I took lots of hell during the season. I said at that point he would be a bust. People said he would easily be a nba starter and some said all star potential.

No need for those folks to argue with me over the last year, he has sucked. I just know they read these topics, and that gives me a bit of pleasure! Should I let it die? Probably, but that’s not me. :).

Reactions: Lucy01 and Beorik
Your last paragraph was the best…… but I was saying romeo sucked while he played at IU. You know, before we missed the tourney in one of the most underachieving teams in history.

Hindsight says Archie had a lot to do with that, but Romeo sure didn’t help the cause. I took lots of hell during the season. I said at that point he would be a bust. People said he would easily be a nba starter and some said all star potential.

No need for those folks to argue with me over the last year, he has sucked. I just know they read these topics, and that gives me a bit of pleasure! Should I let it die? Probably, but that’s not me. :).
Roger. I was not here during those times.

Romeo has certainly not lived up to his talent thus far and unless he can be consistently available going forward he could end up out of the league quickly.

For the record, unless someone on the Celtics gets banged up or starts playing incredibly poorly, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Romeo getting dnp’s at least half the games from here on out.

Roger. I was not here during those times.

Romeo has certainly not lived up to his talent thus far and unless he can be consistently available going forward he could end up out of the league quickly.

For the record, unless someone on the Celtics gets banged up or starts playing incredibly poorly, it wouldn’t surprise me to see Romeo getting dnp’s at least half the games from here on out.
Like Jalen brown going down for the season, the same position as Romeo? I dont know what it is gonna take at this point!

Down 20 early in the second, Romeo time baby.
I said the same thing about kirk haston back in the day he was never a nba player and everyone gave me a bunch of crap, your problem with Romeo is you want to gloat about him failing, who gives a shit if you were right? I predicted this when he was at New Albany so what , I don't take pleasure from it, Only reason he is getting any time at all is Boston is hoping against hope maybe he will put a good stretch of game time on tape and someone will think they can develop him and trade for him. Something very telling is he will be wide open in the corner not even being guarded and his teammates would rather throw up contested shots than kick it out to him

Something very telling is he will be wide open in the corner not even being guarded and his teammates would rather throw up contested shots than kick it out to him
When you cant shoot, that normally happens.

People need to learn how to evaluate players good and bad that play for IU. It is annoying when people always have a homer view. For example Rob is not good at basketball, not even close to being IU starter caliber. Yet many on here say he should start.

When you cant shoot, that normally happens.

People need to learn how to evaluate players good and bad that play for IU. It is annoying when people always have a homer view. For example Rob is not good at basketball, not even close to being IU starter caliber. Yet many on here say he should start.
last year he should have started, we never played well when he wasn't on the floor. is he a all time great? no , This upcoming year we will see Parker Stewart is a great example of unrealistic expectations he may be great he may suck no one really knows yet. The dumbest statements you make are on Lander, that kid has a long way to go to even be a competent big 10 player much less a pro.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
last year he should have started, we never played well when he wasn't on the floor. is he a all time great? no , This upcoming year we will see Parker Stewart is a great example of unrealistic expectations he may be great he may suck no one really knows yet. The dumbest statements you make are on Lander, that kid has a long way to go to even be a competent big 10 player much less a pro.

Lander is gonna kill it this year, your post will not age well. He will be an above average big ten player next year and a star the year after.

ADVERTISEMENT