ADVERTISEMENT

is Romeo hurt again ?

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
Boston on tnt tonight jaylon brown out for the season thought he might get some minutes. so far carson edwards and some dude named nesmith have played

Boston on tnt tonight jaylon brown out for the season thought he might get some minutes. so far carson edwards and some dude named nesmith have played
Stop poking the bear.

He isn’t good enough to play in the NBA. When he has played his +/- is insanely bad, and he is non existent on the court and box score.

You have to love basketball to play at that level.

Big difference in the 13th and 14th pick. Lord!

Reactions: Lucy01
He was 1 of 10 players on the court... so why is his +/- the bad one?

This is why +/- is a dumb stat Tommy Crean.

What's next his deflections were low?

+/- isn’t a great indicator of anything I’ll give you that, but it’s not meaningless. There is correlation with the team sucking and Romeo being on the court. It can be proved in many other stats as well, but the +/- has been insanely bad. I guess you can also say his assists per minutes, his rebounds per minute, and points per minute are also beyond horrible.

His stay lines are gross.

in 212 mins he has 10 assists, 8 turnovers, 29 rebounds. Shooting a blistering 31% from the field and 27% from three. He is improving his three point shooting from his IU days, give him that.

Oh and ya a -58 in those 212 mins. If one guy out of the five sucks and doesn’t contribute that’s how you get a -58.

• Love
+/- isn’t a great indicator of anything I’ll give you that, but it’s not meaningless. There is correlation with the team sucking and Romeo being on the court. It can be proved in many other stats as well, but the +/- has been insanely bad. I guess you can also say his assists per minutes, his rebounds per minute, and points per minute are also beyond horrible.

His stay lines are gross.

in 212 mins he has 10 assists, 8 turnovers, 29 rebounds. Shooting a blistering 31% from the field and 27% from three. He is improving his three point shooting from his IU days, give him that.

Oh and ya a -58 in those 212 mins. If one guy out of the five sucks and doesn’t contribute that’s how you get a -58.
What if the other team didn't miss a basket and Carsen turned it over 212 times?

Then you would have a point. :).
Plus-minus is used to gauge lineup effectiveness, it's a very poor stat for player assessment.

Even when used for lineups you would need to factor in the opposing lineup, what sets were used, what defense was used, ... there are too many moving parts to ever quote plus-minus as meaning much at all.

You can hate on Romeo all you wish, whatever blows your skirt up but ...

plus minus is not a good way to do it. Actually any statistical evaluation without conisdering his very low position on the role totem pole, thus giving him mop up and spot minutes in a majority, is practically worthless.

Stick to the eye test ...

Reactions: limestonecowboy
Plus-minus is used to gauge lineup effectiveness, it's a very poor stat for player assessment.

Even when used for lineups you would need to factor in the opposing lineup, what sets were used, what defense was used, ... there are too many moving parts to ever quote plus-minus as meaning much at all.

plus minus is not a good way to do it. Actually any statistical evaluation without conisdering his very low position on the role totem pole, thus giving him mop up and spot minutes in a majority, is practically worthless.

When you suck in every line up compared to every other player on your team, that is a good gauge. I wouldn’t have used the +/- normally, but -58 in 212 mins on a playoff team??? Romeo breaks a record everywhere he goes, got to give him that.

All of the fanboys have left this topic alone for some time now. It is clear he is not very good, DNP’s are piling up now.

When you suck in every line up compared to every other player on your team, that is a good gauge. I wouldn’t have used the +/- normally, but -58 in 212 mins on a playoff team??? Romeo breaks a record everywhere he goes, got to give him that.

All of the fanboys have left this topic alone for some time now. It is clear he is not very good, DNP’s are piling up now.
Romeo will not be a Celtic next season.

One of the biggest wastes of god given talent. Can you imagine if he had a drive live Vic? He has a perfect nba body, couldn’t ask for better physical attributes.
You know what they say about Mr Basketballs from southern Indiana?

Reactions: jcg_94
You know what they say about Mr Basketballs from southern Indiana?
what do they say?

Since 1990, the following are southern indiana Mr. BBalls: DBailey, JJeffries, SMay, JHulls, 3 Zellers, and Romeo. You might also include TJD (center grove) and Greg Oden (first 14 years in Terre Haute ) in that group.

s

Last edited:
A quick Google search says Romeo is in concussion protocol - you all really ought to learn how to use this whole newfangled “Google” thing.

Reactions: Florida4IU
A quick Google search says Romeo is in concussion protocol - you all really ought to learn how to use this whole newfangled “Google” thing.
He's not listed on the Celtics injury report.

I already posted the link to CBS Sports. He's not on any of these either.

He was cleared to play in last Friday's game against the Bulls and was listed as available.

Maybe brush up on your google skills.

He's not listed on the Celtics injury report.

I already posted the link to CBS Sports. He's not on any of these either.

He was cleared to play in last Friday's game against the Bulls and was listed as available.

Maybe brush up on your google skills.

Love when idiots do this lol. If you are gonna rip someone for bad information, make sure you are right.

This is the kind of thing you get banned for in my world!

Reactions: hookyIU1990

It's now -63 in 221 minutes after the first half tonight.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
Is he really lazy, though? He was over-hyped by really bad and/or lazy talent "evaluators" and by fans who needed to have the next great Indiana bred talent.

He wasn't good when he was here and it wasn't because of his wrist. He couldn't shoot but shot a lot. He couldn't go left. He didn't create. He didn't elevate anyone. He didn't seem to have much fire. He was OK.

People in caves knew he wouldn't be good in the NBA and he's not.

This has never been hard to understand but I never heard he was lazy or didn't work hard.

Is he really lazy, though? He was over-hyped by really bad and/or lazy talent "evaluators" and by fans who needed to have the next great Indiana bred talent.

He wasn't good when he was here and it wasn't because of his wrist. He couldn't shoot but shot a lot. He couldn't go left. He didn't create. He didn't elevate anyone. He didn't seem to have much fire. He was OK.

This has never been hard to understand but I never heard he was lazy or didn't work hard.
He had a little league dad. Always felt bad for Miller on that one. Several other coaches passed because they knew TL would be on them constantly.

Reactions: Seyton

I am making my lazy assessment, because he just goes to the corner and stands. Did it at IU and still doing it at Boston. He had an operation to repair his wrist, doesn’t look like it helped.

Reactions: Seyton

I don’t think he was severely overrated. I didn’t watch a second of him in HS, but like I mentioned earlier, his frame and attributes are almost picture perfect for an nba player.

What I do think got overrated, and often gets swept under the rug, is motor/drive. Romeo has one of the worst “love for the game” I have ever seen. Players like Rob and Romeo I cannot stand to watch play basketball.

When as a fan, you are 100% sure you have more vested into winning or losing than a starting player, it is infuriating. His lackluster play, and 0 emotion, is 100% why he has not even came close to his potential.

It was very easy to see from the jump with Romeo. My only request is that all the morons that told me how wrong I was, what a hater I was, and all the girls Romeo must have stolen from me....... Read this again for me, and know I was right :).

My eye test says I've not been impressed since he put on a IU uniform. I know Celt fans are saying the same thing. My ears have heard excuses for him for four years.

I don’t think he was severely overrated. I didn’t watch a second of him in HS, but like I mentioned earlier, his frame and attributes are almost picture perfect for an nba player.

What I do think got overrated, and often gets swept under the rug, is motor/drive. Romeo has one of the worst “love for the game” I have ever seen. Players like Rob and Romeo I cannot stand to watch play basketball.

When as a fan, you are 100% sure you have more vested into winning or losing than a starting player, it is infuriating. His lackluster play, and 0 emotion, is 100% why he has not even came close to his potential.

It was very easy to see from the jump with Romeo. My only request is that all the morons that told me how wrong I was, what a hater I was, and all the girls Romeo must have stolen from me....... Read this again for me, and know I was right :).
Hmm... You seem to be obsessed with him because all I see you do on this forum is talk about him, he lives rent free in that head of yours

Reactions: limestonecowboy

Aren't you a bit old to be having "girls" stolen from you? I Do get your point.

He had a PER that was in the top 2% of freshman and top 5% overall while at IU. Was in the upper percentile in 2 pt jumpers, had exceptional FTR for his position and even better at the rum percentage. If he was bad or lazy, then there were over 4000 bad lazy players in the NCAA that year.

Quit saying stupid shit...

He had a PER that was in the top 2% of freshman and top 5% overall while at IU. Was in the upper percentile in 2 pt jumpers, had exceptional FTR for his position and even better at the rum percentage. If he was bad or lazy, then there were over 4000 bad lazy players in the NCAA that year.

Quit saying stupid shit...
You first. *I* said he was OK (and he was nothing more than just that, fan boy) and said I never heard of him being lazy or not working hard.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT