ADVERTISEMENT

Is power a zero sum game?

Im old enough to remember going to IU/Purdue games and fans of both teams stood together for the national anthem and maintained our individual identities while doing so.

It’s not “either/or,” marv.

Funny this happened 6 months ago in Bloomington

That would have been basketball and you guys brought what....50 fans? We weren't standing side by side.

Nice try...congrats on the W though.

You didn't make the post I responded to?
I went to the IU Purdue game as an IU fan in Assembly Hall in February where everyone “stood for the national anthem and maintained our identities while doing so”

So, what the hell are you talking about with” 50 fans standing side by side, congrats on the W (IU got smoked), etc. ? Reading comprehension issues? Not surprised

I went to the IU Purdue game as an IU fan in Assembly Hall in February where everyone “stood for the national anthem and maintained our identities while doing so”

So, what the hell are you talking about with” 50 fans standing side by side, congrats on the W (IU got smoked), etc. ? Reading comprehension issues? Not surprised

Pu brought their usual 50 fans and if you were one of them you know that. Congrats on the W.

Pu brought their usual 50 fans and if you were one of them you know that. Congrats on the W.
That’s mildly insulting, but you’re not very bright, so I’ll take it in stride. Again, you have reading comprehension issues.

That’s mildly insulting, but you’re not very bright, so I’ll take it in stride. Again, you have reading comprehension issues.

Classic projection.

You are claiming to be an IU fan now. OK, IU BB and ND Football I assume? Or IU BB and Colts FB?

Non-grad fans are a mixed blessing to be sure.

Classic projection.

You are claiming to be an IU fan now. OK, IU BB and ND Football I assume? Or IU BB and Colts FB?

Non-grad fans are a mixed blessing to be sure.
Two degrees from IUB here, try again. You’re pathetic

Two degrees from IUB here, try again. You’re pathetic

Given your apparent reading comprehension issues combined with lack of critical thinking skills and zero objectivity... as an actual IU grad I find that difficult to believe at best and frightening at worst.

I struggle believing IU granted two degrees to this scat.

Please tell me you are a music major.

I have no problems with a program to try and balance that. In fact I would welcome efforts to diversify.

Im not familiar with this particular controversy, but it strikes me as odd that the govt would legislate where people must and mustn't live. Forced diversification strikes me as being outside the bounds of govt.

Im not familiar with this particular controversy, but it strikes me as odd that the govt would legislate where people must and mustn't live. Forced diversification strikes me as being outside the bounds of govt.

The Chinese do a lot of this.

Isn't that what forcing lunch counters to allow Blacks was, forced diversification? Is it not what the Fair Housing Act was, that a person cannot say they refuse to sell to certain groups?

Obama's regulation required districts that receive money to do a five year review of data to see if the numbers indicate a problem. If many blacks moved into suburb A but none moved into suburb B across the street, might that not indicate a problem?

Isn't that what forcing lunch counters to allow Blacks was, forced diversification? Is it not what the Fair Housing Act was, that a person cannot say they refuse to sell to certain groups?

Obama's regulation required districts that receive money to do a five year review of data to see if the numbers indicate a problem. If many blacks moved into suburb A but none moved into suburb B across the street, might that not indicate a problem?

Im in favor of a federal override that would allow income qualified housing in any multi-family zone. I’m also in favor of more disbursed income-qualified housing. But I’m not in favor of a federal override that would require such housing in single family zones.

I think those are different. Public businesses can't refuse someone service on the basis of their race. You can't have a single gas station in the middle of nowhere that refuses someone service. That's quite logical. In theory, I would support a business refusing someone's business for any reason they desire, unfortunately, that doesn't work in the real world.

Otoh, i would disagree with the govt forcing people to move or not move to certain locales. Again, I'm not familiar with the exact controversy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT