ADVERTISEMENT

Is Minn good, or is Nebraska bad

newIUfan

Benchwarmer
Aug 3, 2012
What do you guys think. We play Nebraska and I can't decide. I know that they are missing a lot of players, but what the ?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hard to tell on Minnesota. Nebraska is the best team they have played this year, and are taking care of business, but that is without Nebraska’s starting QB. Other than that, I don’t think they have played a bowl team, and have mostly struggled to eek out wins
I still stand by nebraska is a below average team. The only reason I dont have them penciled in as a win for IU is because its @nebraska

I still stand by nebraska is a below average team. The only reason I dont have them penciled in as a win for IU is because its @nebraska

I agree with your assessment of Nebraska, still say that’s the best team Minny has played, other than that they have played 5 Ball States

State is above average. Wisconsin and OSU just make them look bad because they are so good. Itll be wisky and OSU in big ten championship

From what I have seen this year, the top 7-8 teams can beat anyone outside the top 10-12 by 20+ as long as they don’t shoot themselves in the foot.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Hard to tell on Minnesota. Nebraska is the best team they have played this year, and are taking care of business, but that is without Nebraska’s starting QB. Other than that, I don’t think they have played a bowl team, and have mostly struggled to eek out wins

Fresno State was 12-2 last year and won a bowl game, and I think Ga, Southern was in a bowl game last year, plus Purdue, so yes MN won a few games against 2018 "bowl teams" . They are 10-2 in their last 12 games so we will see if Minnesota is any good.

Fresno State was 12-2 last year and won a bowl game, and I think Ga, Southern was in a bowl game last year, plus Purdue, so yes MN won a few games against 2018 "bowl teams" . They are 10-2 in their last 12 games so we will see if Minnesota is any good.
What does last year have to do with this season Ga Southern and Fresno State are both sub 500 teams. Then they get Nebraska at home without Martinez. Purdue loses Sindelar and Moore early on the game yes they did have a lead but it was not insurmountable as the game got close without those guys. I think they are ok but yes let’s see what happens down the road.

Yes our schedule hasn't been real strong, but we did play Fresno State at Fresno State, and SDSU is a very strong FCS team. I just mentioned this because one was a bowl team, and the other was in the FCS playoffs. We will take the wins. Just hope we are ready for the back loaded schedule.

Yes our schedule hasn't been real strong, but we did play Fresno State at Fresno State, and SDSU is a very strong FCS team. I just mentioned this because one was a bowl team, and the other was in the FCS playoffs. We will take the wins. Just hope we are ready for the back loaded schedule.
The one thing they have done right is win all the games they have played and that all they can do. Sure they did always look great but there are two columns wins and losses.

What does last year have to do with this season Ga Southern and Fresno State are both sub 500 teams. Then they get Nebraska at home without Martinez. Purdue loses Sindelar and Moore early on the game yes they did have a lead but it was not insurmountable as the game got close without those guys. I think they are ok but yes let’s see what happens down the road.

original post:

I am not the one that said that last year had anything to do with this season, the post I replied to directly above was where the reference to beating a "bowl team". What kind of bowl team would there be if 2018 was not being referenced. The season is half over so all teams are potential bowl teams. They did beat three 2018 bowl teams this year and the original post could not have been about anything other than that.

Minnesota gained two good SR RBs returning from blown out knees, and did not lose too much from last year other than a couple OK DL players and one good OL player, plus Cashman the Linebacker who is now playing for the NY Jets. The team should have played better early for sure, but they seem to be getting back to late 2018 form now. (41-10, 38-15, 34-10 over Purdue, Wisconsin and Ga Tech)

original post:

I am not the one that said that last year had anything to do with this season, the post I replied to directly above was where the reference to beating a "bowl team". What kind of bowl team would there be if 2018 was not being referenced. The season is half over so all teams are potential bowl teams. They did beat three 2018 bowl teams this year and the original post could not have been about anything other than that.

Minnesota gained two good SR RBs returning from blown out knees, and did not lose too much from last year other than a couple OK DL players and one good OL player, plus Cashman the Linebacker who is now playing for the NY Jets. The team should have played better early for sure, but they seem to be getting back to late 2018 form now. (41-10, 38-15, 34-10 over Purdue, Wisconsin and Ga Tech)

In my post I was talking about teams likely to make a bowl this years, maybe should have stipulated bowl CALIBER team

Also just an fyi...I watched a bit of minny the past couple games. They run ALOT of scrub slants like they did against us last year. I would camp Mcfadden in the middle and say when that receiver breaks, lower your shoulder and send that kid home! Those freakin receivers will stop that immediately. You try that against osu and you are goin home on a stretcher and legally too. jus sayin! Good athletes handle that crap!

Minnesota won at Wisconsin last year in the final game to become bowl eligible. They get my thumbs up just for that alone.

Reactions: Daydreamer
A lot of us complain that we get completely overlooked and don’t get the love by the media, pundits and other fans simply because we are IU. They win ugly early but their past few games have been impressive. We have threads about how fun our team is and how dangerous Penix is and why? Because we’ve beaten some very poor teams? Played a very average team who’s lost their last two games by a combined score of 72-10 close? Winning cures all and is contagious. Yes their back 4 games are loaded but the confidence they are gaining is not measurable. Same with us if we get through this stretch 4-0. Penn St and Michigan don’t seem to look quite as formidable. I’ll admit I might be wrong about Fleck, he might be the real deal. Regardless what you think of him or their program, they are trending to a 8 or 9 win season.

Minnesota has yet to play a big ten team with their starting QB. I think the Purdue and Nebraska games would have been different outcomes if they have their starting QB. Purdue lost by 7 and that was after Sindelar and Rondale went down in the first quarter. Purdue and the crowd struggled to find anything for 2 quarters. Also not sure how Minny didn't get a penalty on the DE for punishing the QB with the weight of his body...

Also just an fyi...I watched a bit of minny the past couple games. They run ALOT of scrub slants like they did against us last year. I would camp Mcfadden in the middle and say when that receiver breaks, lower your shoulder and send that kid home! Those freakin receivers will stop that immediately. You try that against osu and you are goin home on a stretcher and legally too. jus sayin! Good athletes handle that crap!
Why do you want to "game plan" for Minny when the aren't on our Schedule?

Reactions: DANC and 4IUSox2
Umm Minnesota is good but nebraska is also overhyped trash
With Nebraska,it isn't only the Minnesota game and how they were dominated by the Minnesota running game. If you saw them the week before against Northwestern, they struggled against a team that was down to their 3rd String Quarterback and generating virtually no offense.They were lucky to win on a last second field goal.

Nebby's INT leading to their game-winning Last second fg vs Northwestern was an obvious missed PI. The receiver got popped across the middle with a DB behind the play getting a gift pick. Brutal no call!!

Nothing I've seen of Nebraska this season has impressed me a bit. Blowing the lead at CU, barely generating an offense vs NU or Minny, and they looked as bad, maybe worse than IU vs OSU. Will need to play well there, but winnable if IU can.

Minnesota has yet to play a big ten team with their starting QB. I think the Purdue and Nebraska games would have been different outcomes if they have their starting QB. Purdue lost by 7 and that was after Sindelar and Rondale went down in the first quarter. Purdue and the crowd struggled to find anything for 2 quarters. Also not sure how Minny didn't get a penalty on the DE for punishing the QB with the weight of his body...

Really? Minnesota trashed a much better Purdue team last year. Purdue couldn't stop GOPHERS on offense which is why gophers won. Gophers were leading by 21 & let then back on it with prevent defense & Purdue scoring on onside kick to recover & touchdown there after to make it 7 point game

Reactions: vesuvius13 and DANC
They were WAY down when Sindelar and Rondale were still playing.

It was at Purdue. Give Minnesota their due. Winning on the road in the B1G is tough.

That was a loss for you guys regardless. In fact the storyline was how well you played after the dual injury. Mop up points are what you guys point to in the last two bucket games so you cant deny them now.

Your team is banged up for sure but with the effort last week vs MD, it hasn't cost you a game yet. It probably will, but not yet.

ADVERTISEMENT